Inverness CT -V- Dundee Utd (Playoff leg 1)

Scotty

Nick Walsh is a clown of a ref.

He has previous with Caley and tonight he was just so hasty to give a red card.

Think its worth appealing but Robbo is not of same opinion.

We are good away from home so still in with a good chance.

Thought all the players played their part tonight in a very good performance considering we played two games while Utd were resting.

Edited by Gregor
  • Agree 1

It just reinforces the financial differences between us and united. They came up yesterday, stayed in a hotel in inverness and had a relaxing build up to the game, and are staying there again tonight, while we will travel down by coach on the same day as the match, and travel back after the match. I hope we play on our underdog tag, keep 11 on the park, and defy the odds and reach the playoff final.

43 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I thought we were the better team throughout,  and united seemed to lack ideas of how to break us down. That's the second time Nick Walsh has spoiled a game for us, he sent Trafford off against county and now polworth, it was never a red. The standard and inconsistency of the officials in this country is shocking. I hope it's a different ref on friday or we may be F**ked.

Kevin Clancy. He was the referee in our 2-2 game with County (is there a theme!)

We don't need a big budget to get fans of their arses and get behind the side. 

If the official attendance is correct, then 2604 fans. 1050 of them were away fans so that leaves 1554 home fans. 

What does this city want ffs. They obviously don't want a football club to be playing at the top level. That's one of the reasons we are in financial trouble, the general apathy of Inverness.

It's bloody depressing.

20190514_202523.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 10

I think Polworth's red is fair enough.  I agree the head was low but it was low for some time, he was second to the ball. and the studs were showing.  I'm not sure that the part of the head Connolly is clutching is the part which Polworth's boot made contact with, but that is irrelevant.  Polworth's actions were reckless.  And to be fair, Polworth  seemed to accept the decision without any surprise.

Commentators were suggesting that Donaldson's tackle was more of a red card offence than Polworths but unless there is something which shows up on the replay, it looked a fairly nailed on yellow to me.  Frankly, it was probably more important to keep Donaldson on the park than Polworth so perhaps we can't complain too much.

However, unless an appeal is made and won, that may be the last time we see Liam in an ICT shirt and certainly the last time at a home game.  It will be very, very sad if his last action as an ICT player is to trudge off the park after having been sent off.

2 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

I think Polworth's red is fair enough.  I agree the head was low but it was low for some time, he was second to the ball. and the studs were showing.  I'm not sure that the part of the head Connolly is clutching is the part which Polworth's boot made contact with, but that is irrelevant.  Polworth's actions were reckless.  And to be fair, Polworth  seemed to accept the decision without any surprise.

Commentators were suggesting that Donaldson's tackle was more of a red card offence than Polworths but unless there is something which shows up on the replay, it looked a fairly nailed on yellow to me.  Frankly, it was probably more important to keep Donaldson on the park than Polworth so perhaps we can't complain too much.

However, unless an appeal is made and won, that may be the last time we see Liam in an ICT shirt and certainly the last time at a home game.  It will be very, very sad if his last action as an ICT player is to trudge off the park after having been sent off.

Come on DD we will see Polworth again in an ICT shirt he is only out for two games!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Fast track appeal red on basis not violent conduct given Utd player Connolly's head motioned downwards and lack of intent. Wouldn't the mere lodging of a reasonable appeal on this basis lead to a suspension of punishment until later leaving Polly available to play Friday?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

It just reinforces the financial differences between us and united. They came up yesterday, stayed in a hotel in inverness and had a relaxing build up to the game, and are staying there again tonight, while we will travel down by coach on the same day as the match, and travel back after the match. I hope we play on our underdog tag, keep 11 on the park, and defy the odds and reach the playoff final.

Maybe the hotel staff will put cascara in their porridge.

• Funny 2

I expect Robbo is of the view that whatever the height of the challenge or the intent, studs were raised as he went in. It may look worse than it was, but they are very likely to rule it dangerous play whatever the appeal - it's one of those things that tends to be an automatic red whatever the circumstances and  they are unlikely to give any latitude around.

2 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

I expect Robbo is of the view that whatever the height of the challenge or the intent, studs were raised as he went in. It may look worse than it was, but they are very likely to rule it dangerous play whatever the appeal - it's one of those things that tends to be an automatic red whatever the circumstances and  they are unlikely to give any latitude around.

You are correct, that was Robbo's view.

Excellent performance from every player in a game we did not deserve to lose. Play like that on Friday and we have every chance of progressing especially if we have a decent referee. However we must take our chances when they come along. It was a great game to watch - pity about the result

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

Maybe the hotel staff will put cascara in their porridge.

Or do what Ajax did and set off fireworks outside where they were staying, so they couldn't sleep.

Who wants to go undercover at United to get the addresses?

• Funny 1

Utd only started to get a grip of the game after we went down to ten men. They then took advantage of the extra man releasing McMullen (cheating wee scumbag that he is). Even though our defence did it's job and it was unfortunate the goal they scored.

Big game Friday. Let's get down to Dundee and give the boys the support they deserve following three hard games on the bounce. As jurgen would say "I think it is impossible but because it is you boys you have a chance".  It is time to take that chance....

• Agree 1

Do feel for Kevin McHattie who had ben having a fairly torrid time with rat boy Tom Daley McMullan but to be fair was containing him with no decent balls coming from the wee sh1te.  Unfortunate that the header lacked any power or direction but he seemed to react late as if he wasn't expecting it to reach him.  That said, we were very slow to react to the ball off the post, as if we thought it had gone in which we have been guilty of before.  I give you rat boy's clear hand ball in the last game where we all stopped but the whistle didn't go.  Wals is a terrible ref and wrecked the game against the gadgies too.  Arabs are greeting about how we are hammer throwers and Charlie should have been off for various challenges?  Perhaps I'm looking through ICT tinted glasses but I don't see it that way.  They, on the other hand, spend more time going down that a two dollar hooker.  Swithering whether to get down Friday with work etc, juggling now.  Genuinely think we can turn them over in scumdee though.  Great shift from all the boys, Doran well deserving of MOTM

• Agree 2

It was amazing in the cup tie how quickly the tannadice crowd turned on their team after Chalmers screeching goal. If we can contain and frustrate utd then the home crowd will turn on them and put them under more pressure. Our boys have nothing to loose and everything to gain. So we might as well go all out on Friday.

• Agree 1

Very cheering to see how much confidence and hope there is ahead of Friday.  Not so long ago we might have written ourselves off, but this season has shown that the team has gained resilience, and can come back from behind.  Not to mention that our away record is better than our home record.

Note to Robbo:  make sure you practise penalties.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tm4tj said:

We don't need a big budget to get fans of their arses and get behind the side. 

If the official attendance is correct, then 2604 fans. 1050 of them were away fans so that leaves 1554 home fans. 

What does this city want ffs. They obviously don't want a football club to be playing at the top level. That's one of the reasons we are in financial trouble, the general apathy of Inverness.

It's bloody depressing.

Bloody depressing and seems to be getting worse. I hope engagement with the city and wider community sits higher on the new CEO's agenda than replacing catering suppliers.

1 hour ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Very cheering to see how much confidence and hope there is ahead of Friday.  Not so long ago we might have written ourselves off, but this season has shown that the team has gained resilience, and can come back from behind.  Not to mention that our away record is better than our home record.

Note to Robbo:  make sure you practise penalties.

Even more importantly, make sure the players do too ?

• Funny 2

I think the level of disappointment surrounding the result and the Polworth sending off coupled with the optimism most feel about Friday night is testament to how much we have progressed this season.

3-4 months ago it would have been all doom and gloom so it's good to see everyone is still upbeat and full of hope. 

IMHO we are more than capable of turning Utd over, if we can hit them quick and take the play to them their fans will start to slowly get on their back. Hopefully they start with Sow rather than Clark as I feel we've a far better handle on him, I'm not sure how you solve McMullan as without him playing to his potential Utd are average. Find a way of keeping him quiet or make his head go down could be key.

I reiterate that, IMO, Polworth's challenge was not a sending off. Certainly a yellow card but interestingly, I was sitting beside some Dundee United fans and even they thought a yellow card would be fair. It  was undoubtedly the reaction of the United player that got Polworth sent off. Strange then that the United player had no blood injury or concussion and was up and running about in minutes. As for Donaldson's foul, certainly a yellow card but a red?. Again, IMO, it was a bad tackle but one you see in many games without a sending off so one of the few decisions the ref got correct.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic