Sign in to follow this  
tm4tj

Coronavirus - Season on hold

3 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Quite interesting reading.

F67F803A-7829-4186-8EA2-065CE8EDA960.png

I would be very surprised indeed if 'threats' were issued to our club or any other.

You have to bear in mind that this piece of creative literature eminates from The Rangers and must, given their track record in such matters, be viewed with a high degree of healthy scepticism.

I would have thought that these allegations are potentially libellous, or may lead to other legal action, so I'm uneasy about seeing them on this site.

Note the confidentiality marking at the bottom of the page.

Heard that the SPFL is refusing to give out the money...Why? Because they didn't get their loan back...from Gretna...12 YEARS AGO. 

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

Heard that the SPFL is refusing to give out the money...Why? Because they didn't get their loan back...from Gretna...12 YEARS AGO. 

Although it wasn’t a loan that was given to them, it was an advance of their prize money for finishing last. The whole thing is a shambles. 

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I would be very surprised indeed if 'threats' were issued to our club or any other.

You have to bear in mind that this piece of creative literature eminates from The Rangers and must, given their track record in such matters, be viewed with a high degree of healthy scepticism.

There has just been a piece on Reporting Scotland which referred to threats without naming clubs.

A meeting on Tuesday will determine if an inquiry takes place. 

On 4/30/2020 at 11:38 PM, Robert said:

The BBC Sport website and app are looking for votes for the Championship team of the season. We have 8 players in the lists (well 7 plus McCart): Ridgers. Rooney, Tremarco, McCart, Trafford, Doran, Keatings and White. 

I put all 8 in my team (biased??), but feel Carson, Welsh and Walsh should have been on the list too. 

None of our players made the top 11. 8 from Dundee United plus Forrest from Ayr, Nisbet from Dunfermline and Dorrans from Dundee. 

58 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

For anyone interested, the BPL is back on the 17th, which could also mean, it's one foot closer to Scottish Football returning...

Screenshot_20200528-155556_Twitter.jpg

Good that there might be some live professional football back in the United Kingdom.

However, I don't think it marks any step on the road to Scottish football returning.

The EPL is expending a huge amount of money to return with no income from fans. The financial gulf between the EPL and the SPFL, even at our Premiershio level, means that option is not available to us.

I honestly can't see how professional football can return in Scotland until August at the earliest and only then if our clubs stop the usual internecine bickering and all pull together.

I’ve usually been happy with my command of the English language but, as many years away from education, had to resort to Google to find the meaning of ‘internecine’.   Wow, now to try to integrate that word into everyday conversation?  In North Stand next season maybe?  

• Funny 1

4 minutes ago, lizi said:

I’ve usually been happy with my command of the English language but, as many years away from education, had to resort to Google to find the meaning of ‘internecine’.   Wow, now to try to integrate that word into everyday conversation?  In North Stand next season maybe?  

its got a definite chance to be 'invernesianized'...I can hear internehseen making an appearance in a song somewhere! What a great challenge

1 hour ago, lizi said:

You should have studied Gaelic at school....