League restructure

Jack Waddington

2 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Entirely predictable self-interest from the top flight clubs, but still a painful blow for us, having at least earned a crack at promotion through the playoffs. Plus having a Hearts in our league next season makes promotion a remote prospect. 

A club from Inverness playing in the national league system was once a remote prospect, reaching the top tier was an even more remote prospect, reaching the League Cup final was even more remote and winning the Scottish Cuo and playing in Europe was once the remotest prospect of all.

I will just be happy for our club to survive and vie for promotion next season no matter how remote that prospect might be.

• Agree 11

So basically now, we have to worry about Hearts and Dundee, both of who are likely to be looking to finish ahead of us in the table :(. 

And in top of that, the fear of losing John Robertson is heightening as its expected that Daniel Stendel will use his relegation release clause and resign. Plus we will end up losing more players :(, next season could be a real struggle! 

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

Judging by Falkirk’s response this like the Rangers saga may continue to run. I too like most people thought this would likely fail but let’s be honest this decision pretty much kills Scottish football. It needed change and yet had Covid 19 not happened reconstruction would not even be mentioned. Whether you believe this has been driven by Hearts to avoid the drop or for the greater good reconstruction makes the season endings fairer than the status quo. The 14/14/16 idea I thought was very good and combats the issues that the SPFL wants avoid. Of course what Aberdeen said today is important need to work on ways to get football back and how to make money with the potential of closed doors to begin with. But reconstruction is also part of that as a way to stop clubs going to the wall and sporting integrity hearts were not adrift, Patrick were one game in hand from being off bottom, Raith champions by a point to Falkirk with at least one game between the two. And then there’s is the pyramid with Brora and Kelly adding freshness to the league system but as usual self interest rules the day and Scottish football loses an opportunity that may not happen until it’s way too late. Legal challenges could be coming.

Edited by gingerjaggy
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Satan said:

Do we all back sevco now in their fantasy quest to bring down mr Doncaster ?

Perhaps so and might explain why #OfficialICTFC follows them on Twitter.

In some aspects, I can understand why the revamp of the leagues was denied, but they could at least work on League Two. Set that up as a Two Up, Two Down system, or at least make a League Three. Another thing they could potentially do is add the NCFA as a feeder league to the Highland League.

The whole thing is a shambles, and is disgraceful how the Ugly Sisters and Co. are so focused on getting money into their already well lined pockets, that there are other, smaller clubs that could go bust if they get relegated.

Time to unfurl a banner on the opening day that reads "F*ck the SFA"

• Sad 1

It's not over with several clubs hinting at legal challenges. The vote was corrupt. And Dundee now look like a bunch of idiots that reconstruction is dead in the water. Spfl management of the whole situation has been a joke. The way the sfa handled the red card in the semi final earlier in the season has also highlighted that neither governing body in Scottish football is for for purpose. This was the ideal time to reform the system.  But the whole system of Scottish football has been dealt a death blow by 6 premiership clubs. Absolute joke. But those same clubs were putting pressure on lower league clubs to vote so they could get money. Hypocrisy at its finest.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

13 hours ago, RiG said:

Anyone who believed that the **** weak commitment to "consult on the possibility of reconstruction of the league in the future" would actually lead to anything of note should have a word with themselves. It meant f'ck all a few weeks back and nothing was ever going to change. A complete and utter waste of time.

Spot feckin on. There was no point in debating. Same old feckin story.

• Agree 2

As others have said, probably an inevitable outcome but now our hopes of promotion are dashed. 

At least the focus can now be on how the club survives and what football will look like in the future, whenever games are able to resume. 

With social distancing, presumably we will need to keep 2 metres apart, so only around 25% if capacity will be available in grounds and we will all have to move seats. 

What sort of squad will we have? Looking at those out of contract, we will barely have 11 experienced players available so youngsters should get a chance. 

Hopefully we do survive (possibly only part time?), but many other clubs may not so some form of reconstruction may happen anyway. 

Whenever football restarts, with or without fans, next year could be very tough and may determine our place in the football pecking order for some time to come. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

In some aspects, I can understand why the revamp of the leagues was denied, but they could at least work on League Two. Set that up as a Two Up, Two Down system, or at least make a League Three. Another thing they could potentially do is add the NCFA as a feeder league to the Highland League.

The whole thing is a shambles, and is disgraceful how the Ugly Sisters and Co. are so focused on getting money into their already well lined pockets, that there are other, smaller clubs that could go bust if they get relegated.

Time to unfurl a banner on the opening day that reads "F*ck the SFA"

SFA don't run the league mate.

The premier league is essentialy run by the premier league clubs. Clubs nowadays are businesses. Businesses only care about cash and profit. There was no way reconstruction was ever going to happen. If anything, the teams in the top league would more likely vote for a reduction to 10 teams. 
The 11v11 game of football on the pitch is still a sport. Everything outside of that is money and business. Everything.

6 hours ago, Robert said:

As others have said, probably an inevitable outcome but now our hopes of promotion are dashed. 

At least the focus can now be on how the club survives and what football will look like in the future, whenever games are able to resume. 

With social distancing, presumably we will need to keep 2 metres apart, so only around 25% if capacity will be available in grounds and we will all have to move seats. 

What sort of squad will we have? Looking at those out of contract, we will barely have 11 experienced players available so youngsters should get a chance. 

Hopefully we do survive (possibly only part time?), but many other clubs may not so some form of reconstruction may happen anyway. 

Whenever football restarts, with or without fans, next year could be very tough and may determine our place in the football pecking order for some time to come. 

With some of the crowds we had this season, we could manage to have two seat gaps between ST holder quite easily...I would imagine family member could sit together...but what if over-70's are not allowed in, will that affect the size of the crowd? Stick a few cardboard cut-out fans on the gap seats and the place will start to look a quite full! We could even see some fans in the mini stand on the west side (give them all megaphones to raise the volume of noise) A slight issue might be congregating to use the toilets and snack bar (or perhaps only outdoor food facilities will be allowed, so now is the time to market that ICT Thermos)....Survival physically is the goal for the moment, in whatever league.

47 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

With some of the crowds we had this season, we could manage to have two seat gaps between ST holder quite easily...I would imagine family member could sit together...but what if over-70's are not allowed in, will that affect the size of the crowd? Stick a few cardboard cut-out fans on the gap seats and the place will start to look a quite full! We could even see some fans in the mini stand on the west side (give them all megaphones to raise the volume of noise) A slight issue might be congregating to use the toilets and snack bar (or perhaps only outdoor food facilities will be allowed, so now is the time to market that ICT Thermos)....Survival physically is the goal for the moment, in whatever league.

Not only seat gaps but row gaps too. 

15 hours ago, Robert said:

Not only seat gaps but row gaps too. 

Yes. If three dimensional social distancing of 2 metres is enforced then our ground capacity is likely to be no more than about a thousand even if the South Stand was made available to home fans and the wee roofless stand opened.

Due to my distance from Inverness and family commitments I have not bought a season ticket for years but would be prepared to pay full price  or maybe a bit more for a 'Non Attending' season ticket.

Maybe attending season ticket holders would be prepared to pay full price to attend every second game with their seat being rotated with another named individual and we could sell 'None Attending' match day tickets and even hospitality as well.

I appreciate that far from everyone could afford to participate in such a plan even for the single season it is likely to be in place, especially given the economic devastation wroght by the virus, and we may lose some of our commercial backers as well but it might be one way to survive the 2020/2021 season in some viable form should social distancing continue to be enforced. We certainly could not manage with league crowds in the high hundreds without a bit of lateral thinking.

Those effectively paying for nothing could be rewarded with certificates and vouchers to be redeemed eventually when some semblance of normality returns.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 1

That statement did not miss and hit the wall !!! Read it in full folks !!  The chairman and CEO continue to speak eloquently about this farcical and corrupt debacle that makes Scottish football even more of a laughing stock than it was before and that - to be frank - is saying something !

A few folk slagging off 'Rangers' or 'The Rangers' (call them what you want, not going to get into that argument). However, what is clear from this statement is that the power brokers had an agenda to reach a certain end point, and based on that letter, the team from Govan are right to say that when that didnt happen they bullied their way through things, changed the rules, and, worse still, made things up to manipulate things to get the result they wanted. They continue to bully clubs and denigrate individuals and each and every one of them from doncaster down need to resign NOW.  

There is no better time to put (radical) change into motion than now. The SFA/SPFL should support all its members and right now this nonsense will unfairly penalise Hearts, Partick, Stranraer as well as Kelty and Brora. In fact, the only club to really benefit from all this is Brechin and I am sure this is just a happy coincidence for them. The teams awarded each division would likely have won it anyway but there was plenty to play for in the relegation stakes and to a lesser extent the playoffs. 14-14-14 or 14-14-16 or 14-10-10-10 or some re-org that allows us to not penalise the clubs currently being expelled from their divisions whilst also not adversely affecting others like Brora or Kelty who have earned their right to league play would be the sensible solution. 

• Agree 4

Club site seems to be having issues in the last few minutes (pounded hard by doncaster no doubt). have posted it in full on our front page too. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Alan said:

First class statement. It's just a pity some of the Premiership clubs don't have the same sense of responsibility as ICT

We are not without an element of self interest in this, league reconstruction would have been hugely to our advantage.

However, unlike a cabel of Premiership clubs, including, by all accounts, our neighbours up the road we also have regard for fairness and the wider football community.

I am glad that a statement was not immediately fired off in anger, but that we clearly took our time to make a clear, considered and open statement.

I am sure that more than one person would have had imput in drafting it. Well done to all concerned.

• Agree 2

Hi there guys , although I'm a hearts fan I'm not in here to to talk about my own club or troll this forum.

I'm only here to congratulate your club on there resent statement, it was not only well worded but it said everything about the dishonestly of the SPFL.

Your club has proper morals, dignity and sporting integrity, this is what the majority of our 42 clubs don't have.

You are a very proud club and looks to me like very proud supporters reading this thread and rightly so. Although  we will be competing in the same league next season (if any) if hearts don't win it I very much hope ICT do and hope we both are promoted.

I will be up for the away game against you gays as this will be my only away game as I would not give any of my hard earned cash to any of the gutless clubs.

Stay safe and all the best for the future.

Edited by Tynie
  • Like 2
  • Agree 6