Queen of the South -V- Inverness CT - Preview

tm4tj

We are probably feeling a little disappointed not to get all 3 points today, but our recent good form makes it easy to forget what a hugely difficult and challenging season it has been for the club.  Today's results mean that we are now mathematically safe from relegation.  Instead, we are now very much in the mix for the promotion play-offs and have a cup match to look forward too after having deservedly beaten our Premiership neighbours.  Anything more than what has been achieved already will be a real bonus.  Huge congratulations to all at the club who have made this possible.

29 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

We are probably feeling a little disappointed not to get all 3 points today, but our recent good form makes it easy to forget what a hugely difficult and challenging season it has been for the club.  Today's results mean that we are now mathematically safe from relegation.  Instead, we are now very much in the mix for the promotion play-offs and have a cup match to look forward too after having deservedly beaten our Premiership neighbours.  Anything more than what has been achieved already will be a real bonus.  Huge congratulations to all at the club who have made this possible.

Very well said.

Only four weeks ago when we kicked off against Raith on 12 March, we were sitting in 9th place. Four weeks on, we are undefeated in 8 games, have enjoyed a great win against County, and have taken 14 points out of 18 in the league.

If we can win our last three games, we will almost certainly be in the play offs given the other games to be played.

What do we want on Tuesday? Wins for Dundee and Raith would suit, but would mean we realistically are only aiming for 4th.

I would take that!

In terms of today, it was not our best performance in a game either team could have won.

Ridgers had a few decent saves to keep Queens out, and Mckay had several vital tackles.

Allan and Mackay had most of our efforts but without success whilst Sutherland had our best chance to win if after a clever Vincent dummy. Toddy took his goal very well.

I think it will all hinge on the Dundee game myself. That will be a cracker of a match.

When you look at that week, we have St Mirren, Dundee, Hearts. A really testing week which will decide our season.

But what have we got to lose? We can give it a good go. Only reservation is if the St Mirren game gives us heavy legs on Tuesday night. 

2 hours ago, The Long Man said:

I think it will all hinge on the Dundee game myself. That will be a cracker of a match.

When you look at that week, we have St Mirren, Dundee, Hearts. A really testing week which will decide our season.

But what have we got to lose? We can give it a good go. Only reservation is if the St Mirren game gives us heavy legs on Tuesday night. 

Given the importance of the league games, it wouldn’t surprise me if some players are rested against St Mirren to ensure they are available for Dundee.

With most of the squad fit, it makes sense to take advantage of it. 

It’s looking fairly likely that our cup tie at St Mirren might be getting rescheduled. SFA are consulting over games scheduled for Saturday afternoon, with the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral also scheduled to kick off at 3pm.

We certainly wouldn’t want our game moved any closer to the Dundee game. Maybe a Saturday lunchtime kickoff?

Edit - sorry just noticed that this is being discussed on the cup 4th round thread, so please continue any discussion on scheduling over there.

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Given the importance of the league games, it wouldn’t surprise me if some players are rested against St Mirren to ensure they are available for Dundee.

With most of the squad fit, it makes sense to take advantage of it. 

It will be an interesting managerial decision, not an easy one.

4 hours ago, The Long Man said:

I'm rather hoping that Hearts, having secured promotion, will gently roll over for us!

50 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

Think how much hearts would enjoy Dundee missing playoffs......

They could send a fax to commiserate with them.

And then change their minds and claim they never sent it.....

20 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

I'm rather hoping that Hearts, having secured promotion, will gently roll over for us!

That would be a very dangerous assumption to make. The other alternative is that, having got over the line, they will play us with a sense of freedom and no pressure.

We are capable of taking something from Tynecastle, including all 3 points, but we will have to be at our very best to do so and assuming that Hearts will be entirely up for the fight.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic