FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Raith @ home April2024

tm4tj

On another day we win that by 4 or 5, MotM goes to the woodwork followed by Raiths keeper

Thought first half we were in control but lacked that bit quality to finish the chances

Second half we were ***** for the first 10-15 mins and got punished by Raith. We picked it up and Samuel was unlucky not to get a hat trick. McAllister looked driving the ball forward but only really troubled the keeper once.

Overall, thought our best chances were from corners or counter attacks as soon as the press blocks the CBs from midfield we pass along the back line until we launch it forward

Can’t believe we lost that, which is a phrase I’ve uttered too many times this season.
Of our 14 defeats, our heaviest was 2-0 and the other 13 were by just one goal. So many of them came down to one defensive lapse or missed chances at the other end. Raith’s keeper made some great saves tonight but we also should’ve buried some of our chances.

• Agree 4

The way McKay is being played as a number 10 simply is not working as he no longer has the stamina to go forward. Pepple simply is not good enough. I bet a few will think that I have totally lost it but I would play the palindrome up front with the Tinkerville Taz.

First full match I have seen in a while.  I thought we were the better team by far, At least 4 or 5 times hitting the woodwork , and Raith keeper was outstanding throughout. A real sickener to lose that, but strangely I feel fairly confident that we can stay up without the help from other results.  Call me a happy clapper if you like, but I thought we were really good tonight and really unlucky to lose a match we could have won by a handful of goals

Onwards and upwards

• Like 3
  • Well Said 3

Can hardly believe we lost that.We could have won by four.MOM Raith Keeper assisted by his goals.

If we played like that all season we would be the other end of the table.

Good team effort,although question marks over Pepple and Billy needs to be subbed after 60 mins as he no longer has the oomph needed.

Where would we be without Samuel.

• Agree 2

I’ve only missed one home game all season, league, cup and friendlies, so I’ve suffered a lot!

Tonight was one of our best home performances and I am gutted we got nothing from it. The woodwork saved Raith on four occasions and their goalie had several tremendous saves.

Raith caught us out with one of their few chances.

McAllister, Samuel and Harper were the picks for me, but no one can fault the effort of any of our players.

We need to pick ourselves up and ensure we beat Dunfermline next week (and hope they win against Queens Park tomorrow). 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 3

10 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Where would we be if we had another forward to support Samuel ?

**** it,  let's get another centre back.

Christ knows we need them.

• Funny 1

How the f*** did we lose that, we were by miles the better team yet once again don't get anything due to schoolboy defending (which is unacceptable at this level imo), why the hell was Ridgers in that position anyway, does he not trust his defenders or something!!  Has any team hit the bar/post as many as FIVE times because I certainly doubt it very much and do any team get as jammy as Raith because, again I doubt it! You can certainly see why they were on a rotten run of form going into this but of course it's against us they halt that run! 

In terms of ourselves, if we play like that in the next 2 then we certainly should win both and same goes for the inevitable play off games but we NEED to address this home form as it's beyond unacceptable and abysmal now! 

Btw I had to create another account as I couldn't remember my password and everytime I tried to reset the password I didn't get an email 🤷, usually my phone saves passwords too but this time it didn't 😱.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, CaleyTennis85 said:

Has any team hit the bar/post as many as FIVE times because I certainly doubt it very much

Dunfermline v ict this season, they hit the woodwork 8 times.

8 hours ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

If we played like that all season we would be the other end of the table

we have played like that all season, we conceded and didnt score

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

Did the players make more of an effort last night as it was on TV?

Putting themselves in the shop window for 24/25? 

Wanting to get a Championship club for next season, as opposed to being in League 1? 

None of our team are good enough for getting interest from a Premiership club.

Sadly, given Doran's reaction I think that's his last game for ICT

• Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Duke of Inverness said:

Did the players make more of an effort last night as it was on TV?

Putting themselves in the shop window for 24/25? 

Wanting to get a Championship club for next season, as opposed to being in League 1? 

None of our team are good enough for getting interest from a Premiership club.

Sadly, given Doran's reaction I think that's his last game for ICT

There wasn’t much difference last night to how we have been playing recently.

Here’s hoping we get the testimonial for Doran in the summer now. 

• Like 1
  • Well Said 2

Can't quite believe we didn't win that game let alone get a point. Macallister needs to start the remaining games as he was good when he got on. If Lawal doesn't play another game I'd be happy, he was dreadful. Playing like that we can win at least 2 of the last 3 games at least so I think we will be safe 

Edited by Doofer

I thought Lawal look decent.  Did a fair bit of ball winning and was always looking to go forward.  The kind of if busy player you need to stop the opposition getting too much time on the ball and force them into making errors.

The only player that stood out for the wrong reasons was Carragher who had more than a few bomb scare moments.

Anderson didn't have a great game but there's nothing specific I can recall where you'd say he was awful.

If that was the kind of football on display every week then fans might be frustrated by results but they couldn't deny they were being entertained.

Finally, was Ferguson wearing his trousers at half mast in mourning for our season?

12 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

First full match I have seen in a while.  I thought we were the better team by far, At least 4 or 5 times hitting the woodwork , and Raith keeper was outstanding throughout. A real sickener to lose that, but strangely I feel fairly confident that we can stay up without the help from other results.  Call me a happy clapper if you like, but I thought we were really good tonight and really unlucky to lose a match we could have won by a handful of goals

Onwards and upwards

This was a bit like when we lost to Dundee United at home

Yes...I do feel we have enough in us to stay up even if we do it via the dreaded play-off. Caveat to that is Samuel staying fit along with Kerr, Anderon and McAllister. Defensively we are in good shape. I still think that Austin Samuels could have a role especially if we end up in the play-offs

47 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Oh dear - same old excuses - same old script - clearly delusional and body language shows that he really doesn't care 🙄

Do you think the criticism hasn’t been merited then? 

• Well Said 1

13 hours ago, CaleyTennis85 said:

How the f*** did we lose that, we were by miles the better team yet once again don't get anything due to schoolboy defending (which is unacceptable at this level imo), why the hell was Ridgers in that position anyway, does he not trust his defenders or something!!  Has any team hit the bar/post as many as FIVE times because I certainly doubt it very much and do any team get as jammy as Raith because, again I doubt it! You can certainly see why they were on a rotten run of form going into this but of course it's against us they halt that run! 

In terms of ourselves, if we play like that in the next 2 then we certainly should win both and same goes for the inevitable play off games but we NEED to address this home form as it's beyond unacceptable and abysmal now! 

Btw I had to create another account as I couldn't remember my password and everytime I tried to reset the password I didn't get an email 🤷, usually my phone saves passwords too but this time it didn't 😱.

Did you check your spam folder? 

Probably in there with all Big Dunc's shooting drills. 

• tm4tj unpinned this topic