Play off final 2nd leg (ict 1-2 Accies)

17 minutes ago, RiG said:

Ferguson should be fired immediately and he can f'ck off down the A9 along with Gardiner. 

Even before considering any merits or otherwise of either, it would be ludicrous to have people on their salaries whilst in League 2 so both have to go, I just hope we can afford the payoffs without it putting us into administration..

• Agree 4

That was just terrible and the worst thing about it is that I'm not even angry right now. I just feel complete apathy as we've been heading this way all season.  

One of the biggest games in the clubs history and that's what we produce.  Gutless, spineless, hopeless.

It was galling to see so little heart on display but we shouldn't be surprised with so many loan players. They don't have to deal with the consequences of this.

If it wasn't obvious before then it's crystal clear now that Duncan Ferguson is no manager.  He needs cleared down the A9 tonight. From bizarre selections, ostracised players and bringing them in from the cold (Samuels anyone) and the spectacle of completely blanking players in public its clear that management is not for him.  

I have no idea what's going to happen now but the CEO can join him ona one way ticket South.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Well Said 3

1 minute ago, Yngwie said:

Even before considering any merits or otherwise of either, it would be ludicrous to have people on their salaries whilst in League 2 so both have to go, I just hope we can afford the payoffs without it putting us into administration..

Administration might be worth it.

• Funny 1

3 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

If they had even a smidgen of integrity they would walk.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1
  • Funny 1

Posted (edited)

The Samuels sub and his mood at coming on summed up the farcical Ferguson reign. A manager woefully out of his depth having to turn to a player he's completely marginalised over the last few months in a desperate attempt to save his skin with said player completely demotivated. Another masterclass from Big Dunc. 

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Well Said 3
  • Facepalm 2

9 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Just noticed I said League 2 not League 1, things aren’t quite that bad yet, although I was think8ng earlier how quickly Brechin slid from Championship down to League 1 to League 2 to Highland League, where they still are.

• Sad 1

Quite a bit of aggro going on outside the ground. People on the deck police involved and stopping it looks nasty. Can’t condone that even if tensions are running high 

• Sad 3

We need a complete clear out from top to bottom. 

The current incumbents seem not to care about the club.

The only way we are going if nothing changes is even further down.

Almost 10 years of decline: Almost back to where we started. 

• Agree 3

Difficult to know what to predict. For various reasons it will be a very different XI that turns out next season at Cove or Annan or whatever. I wonder who'll be in the dugout, who'll be in the boardroom?

This is a very bad day. That's all.

• Agree 3

Well as bad as the football was and having a game at dinner time I had a steak pie that I think had been in the oven since this morning it was that hard and not much inside either so nothing good to say tonight :swear:

Angry and farcical end to what's been the worst in our history.

Hamilton supporters trampling all over our pitch, with the stewards and stadium management looking bewildered and clueless.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

The worst day in the club's history by some margin.

2 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Angry and farcical end to what's been the worst in our history.

Hamilton supporters trampling all over our pitch, with the stewards and stadium management looking bewildered and clueless.

Stewards are useless anyway, just stood and watched those nauseous stinking smoke flres til they went out. Never watched what happened on the pitch, but did see plenty police vehicles as I drove past stadium. Nothing to say about the game. Gutted.

Posted (edited)

Well reality is setting in now I'm afraid Div 1 if the club actually survives.These last few games have been dire.Hamilton looked dangerous everytime they came near our goal.On the other hand we rarely looked dangerous and we could be playing now and still not have scored any more.To many  negatives about tonight's performance to list.The best team won and we got what we deserved for a horrendous season.We just never looked like a team with a plan.In fact we never looked like a team.So sorry for all staff impacted.At least we only saw our team demoted.Many will have lost more, most likely their jobs.What an absolute mess.What a shambles the board have overseen.

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 8

It’s very unfortunate that in these pivotal matches, our normally reliable keeper could have done a lot better when conceding 3 of the goals. Otherwise, who knows how things might have transpired. Not saying it’s his fault, the poor season overall is certainly not down to him.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, jagster said:

Quite a bit of aggro going on outside the ground. People on the deck police involved and stopping it looks nasty. Can’t condone that even if tensions are running high 

Was a scrap between the two groups of fans. 

• Sad 1

30 years of hard work and graft, all thrown away in 3. This board seriously needs shot out of a cannon as soon as possible.

Admin right around the corner as well. Highland Clowncil have some blame to shoulder, given those millions could've made next season a bit less of a pain in the backside, but thats nothing compared to the farce that Scot Gardiner has brought upon us

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Well Said 2

I don't think I was ever confident that we could get past Hamilton. An early goal for us would have, possibly, set the scene but when we gave the ball away after 12 seconds....from our k.o....what little confidence I had drained away. An awful day in ICT history. As someone quoted somewhere..from Europe to Annan in 9 years. We never built on that success and the blame for that has to lie at the top. League 1 football next season it is then and all on plastic pitches I believe. A clear out is needed but the biggest fear in my heart is...will we survive as a club? 

• Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Thoughtful 1

10 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Was a scrap between the two groups of fans. 

Was hearing some Hamilton fans saying our supporters went down to the away turnstiles and were throwing barriers stones etc at them. No idea if that’s true or not but a sad day all round. Watched the talk about the game on iPlayer this morning. Big tokes looked gutted while doing his interviews. Still got his heart here for sure 

Posted (edited)

Hamilton are an absolute bunch of hatchet merchants who will fit in well with the cloggers of Morton, Ayr and Airdrie in the Championship. Yesterday like much of the seasonwe were clueless, rudderless and lost for ideas.

The team lacks leadership throughout. Too many players physically weak, not assertive and no confidence. Beyond those leaving anyways, there are still some needing cut loose.

Ferguson and bollan showed by the substitute they had lost the plot and out of ideas. Chasing the game, 3 goals down in the tie we wanted to see the team step up and go for it. So instead of pushing our ariel threat and batter balls into the box, theforwards we bring on midgets and we focus on playing around the front of a congested 18 yard box. So easy for Hamilton.

Rankin is no managerial genius and I think his team will be fighting off relegation next season. In no way were we the better team but Hamilton are not a good side.

Big changes are needed and I don't think dunc and bollan are the ones to rebuild us.

Edited by bdu98196
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I missed the game due to plans made months ago, so relied on occasionally looking for updates on the BBC Sport app, albeit not that often after seeing we were 2 down after 12 minutes.

I think the comments made by posters sum things up very well.

Our objective for the season should have been promotion. It quickly changed to avoiding relegation. Other than a brief “Ferguson bounce” we never really got results and most performances were poor.

We can point to moments in matches or individual mistakes, but so can every team.

The bottom line is that we finished 9th and failed in the play offs.

We seem to have had a lot of watershed moments. We’ve just had one on the pitch, we now need one off the pitch too.

Edited by Robert