Board Meeting

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/6477269/caley-thistle-chairman-confirms-relegated-club-will-remain-full-time/

"It’s understood a meeting took place on Tuesday to discuss with non-playing staff the impact of relegation on their roles"

That maybe explains why we haven't heard anything regarding the dud CEO and managers so hopefully we get information on them very soon 🤔.  I also understand that we can't make any knee jerk decisions but tbh the feeling of fans should be a telling factor for Ross Morrison, especially the fact lots will refuse to renew season tickets if these duds aren't removed!

An abortion of a statement which easily could have gone out right after the game. 
Puting this nonsense out stalls them time and they hope the unrest will simply go away. 
Staying full time I guess is still a positive but we will be in the third tier so wages will be very low safe to expect a fresh group of loans and jobbers incoming.
The route we are going down is not sustainable. 

Dougal

• Agree 2

It was a nothing statement, served simply to attempt to pacify the support over the claims of lack of communication. The only news that was given out was about staying full time, this was only a confirmation as some of us already knew this was highly likely. Supporters are feeling relegation every bit as much as the club why so this contempt? Its like the supporters don't matter.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

A call to unity after radio silence is pretty hilarious, particularly after years of fans, supporters trust, S94, volunteers and local businesses being brushed aside. The club has shown for years that it doesn't value supporters' concerns or their contributions (unless it's money). 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 4

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

A call to unity after radio silence is pretty hilarious, particularly after years of fans, supporters trust, S94, volunteers and local businesses being brushed aside. The club has shown for years that it doesn't value supporters' concerns or their contributions (unless it's money). 

They are past redemption. Clueless and don't give a stuff about fans 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 2

20 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

They are past redemption. Clueless and don't give a stuff about fans 

I’ve always renewed my season ticket but whilst the CEO is still here my money stays in my wallet.   I’ve spent loads over the years on ICT but the CEO obviously dodged the training in interpersonal skills as, when I’ve been anywhere nearby him, he looks at me as if I’m dirt under his shoes.   I’ve worked and been a team member in high places with people who valued me.  My ICT cash has gone towards his likely inflated wage so, until he goes, ICT will miss out.   I don’t think I’m alone in my thoughts.  

• Like 1
  • Well Said 5
  • Facepalm 1

49 minutes ago, lizi said:

the CEO obviously dodged the training in interpersonal skills as, when I’ve been anywhere nearby him, he looks at me as if I’m dirt under his shoes.   I’ve worked and been a team member in high places with people who valued me.  

Look I know tensions are running high at the moment but let’s not get too overly dramatic. 
In his defence he will be looking at you the same as any other fan no different  unless of course you are-an employee of the club ? Is so I apologise.

Dougal

5 hours ago, lizi said:

I’ve always renewed my season ticket but whilst the CEO is still here my money stays in my wallet.   I’ve spent loads over the years on ICT but the CEO obviously dodged the training in interpersonal skills as, when I’ve been anywhere nearby him, he looks at me as if I’m dirt under his shoes.   I’ve worked and been a team member in high places with people who valued me.  My ICT cash has gone towards his likely inflated wage so, until he goes, ICT will miss out.   I don’t think I’m alone in my thoughts.  

Try and chill out Lizi. Put your feet up, pour yerseif a dram and enjoy an entertaining read - which I would personally recommend.

9780752225234-uk.jpg

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, lizi said:

We deserve to be treated so much better Liz. I'm also with you. No money going anywhere near that man Away days only it is 

• Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

We deserve to be treated so much better Liz. I'm also with you. No money going anywhere near that man Away days only it is 

Gardiner and Big Dunc must know their coats are on shoogly pegs when the blue rinses have turned against them. 
Not 100% convinced  self entitlement route is the way to go though.

Gardiner and Dunc it’s time you start packing yer bags. 

Dougal

image.gif.a53b3a986496e4205f5a37f1fe0e2cc6.gif

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Fraz - sorry for the sarcastic interruption - It says a lot when CC makes that statement - Let's hope that more icons join in the chorus. Wyness Shuffle should seek out opinions - please.

Will Gardiner allow it 😉

• Thoughtful 2

56 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Fraz - sorry for the sarcastic interruption - It says a lot when CC makes that statement - Let's hope that more icons join in the chorus. Wyness Shuffle should seek out opinions - please.

This would be the same CC who fully engaged with and  definitely never ignored the fans while he voted against them when he was a player was it? 
Think the word hypocrisy springs to mind Green Brigader does it not?

Im all for ex players calling out the current regime but they have to have a bit of credibility first. 

Dougal

Charlie's comments aren't exactly following the corporate line.  I hope he is not speaking out like this now because he knows he and the youth set up at the club are going to victims of the structural reorganisation.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Like you and I Dougal people change over the years. I can't believe that most of our support will not totally admire CC for standing up against a very controlling organisation, despite the damage that he may experience in retaliation. We need more ex-players and employees to speak out against our the tyranny. 

• Like 1
  • Well Said 1

13 hours ago, old caley girl said:

No money going anywhere near that man Away days only it is 

Sounds like a principled stance, however all this does is weaken the finances at our club and increase those of our competitors. In another years time everyone will say we should have invested more or done better if results dont go our way yet individuals including fans need to be honest about their roles in that case.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Sounds like a principled stance, however all this does is weaken the finances at our club and increase those of our competitors. In another years time everyone will say we should have invested more or done better if results dont go our way yet individuals including fans need to be honest about their roles in that case.

Morning Scot, how are you today?

• Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, McMurdo said:

Morning Scot, how are you today?

Amazing contribution there. You should really post more on here so we can all read these deep insights of yours.

11 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

The next podcast will have opinions from fans and former players on it :smile:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

38 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

I get your point but unfortunately there are very few other ways for fans so show their feelings to the board.

This situation where fans feel they are now so disconnected with the club hasn't happened overnight.   There has been fans meeting etc but nothing is getting through to the board.

In the statement Ross Morrison talked about unity.  If him and the board really beleive this then the only actions fans have to make them sit up and listen is by withholding money buy not renewing season tickets etc.

Its not something most fans want to do but what is the other option to get change? 

• Thoughtful 1

Thats fine if its the approach fans want to take, however the same fans cant then complain our squad is under invested or if we fall further into the wilderness especially if the same regime remain in place - which right now looks increasingly likely. I'm not criticising or suggesting either way is right or wrong - its down to individuals. 

Most of the season ticket holders I've spoken with have said they won't be back if Gardiner is still there. 

I wouldn't trust the club to make good decisions with the money under the current CEO and manager anyway so why give them more money to waste on their pals and bolster their ego? 

• Agree 2