FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Lets hear who you want to see at caley next year.and who could be good targets.

FortressICT

thank you howden ender!!they would all be great players to sign but can you actually see christie going for anyone outside scotland?he said in the paper today "We've already signed Pattelainen from the lower league's and thats an avenue we'r looking to go down again"  what does every1 think about that?another summer of filling our squad with divsion 1 and 2 players?cowie ok and buchannan if we can even attract him, he turned us down in january.

Yip - I feel that ICT could go a bit further afield in the transfer market. Englandshire is a pretty poor market as teams in League 1 proffer better wages than us. Jamie Cureton is probably earning as much as all our forwards combined !!

The "markets" to look at is the League of Ireland and the Conference - young and experienced paddies and young and up coming from the Conference. But small team mentality persists. 

Agree with that, CC should stick a permanent scout across the pond, with the amount of talented youngsters that are getting picked up for peanuts!

I suggested Jamie Cureton on here 2 years ago, when he left my local club, Reading.  At that time I suspect, hardly anyone on here had heard of him.  One reaction on the forum was that ICT should not be interested in English players but only home grown Scots.  How parochial and short sighted was that?  However, I agree that we would have no chance of Cureton now as he is probably on a few grand a week these days.

Jamie Cureton....plays for a small town club in England called Colchester....age probably 32 but would score us more goals than Dargs & Dens between them.

:010:  Colchester are on the verge of the playoffs for the Premiership and he is also playing for the team he supports, his wages would be 3x the contract we have offered to Dargo to stay on.  He is a belter of a player though but we really have no chance.

It really depends who goes down, if St Mirren go I would like think we would put in a substantial bid for Sutton, if Dunfermline go then (as mentioned by 'Sir C the third' on another thread) Burchill would be an interesting option, Wilson is a possibility for centre half (although a thug).  Buchanan has netted 18 goals this season and could be worth looking at, Bryan Deasley from Dundee is a very nippy young striker.  I think the signing of Proctor is a done deal for cover if nothing else. 

Fair comment there Harry, but the question was asked and JC would be a player who would undoubtedly increase our fortunes. Just in case anyone read into my reply on this one wrong, i didn't mean any disrespect to Craig or Dennis with my answer, think they are both great players for ICT.

Guest Bonzo

If Gretna secure promotion on Saturday, I would like to see Kevin James of St Johnstone as a target.

He's a skillful player with SPL experience. As with Dods, I feel it would be good move for the player and for the club.

As I've said far too many times on here ..... the close season will be when we can assess CC's value as a Manager.

It is not an easy job to attract players of reasonable quality to the Highlands. My fear is that Charlie's profile is too low to be effective.

I hope I'm wrong.

If Gretna secure promotion on Saturday, I would like to see Kevin James of St Johnstone as a target.

He's a skillful player with SPL experience. As with Dods, I feel it would be good move for the player and for the club.

As I've said far too many times on here ..... the close season will be when we can assess CC's value as a Manager.

It is not an easy job to attract players of reasonable quality to the Highlands. My fear is that Charlie's profile is too low to be effective.

I hope I'm wrong.

That's an extremely fair post Bonzo, what you had for breakfast?  :003:

I see Dean Shields name being mentioned again in todays Courier.  Seems like he'll be out of Hibs in the summer. Strongly suggests we'll be in for him.

He would be a superb signing for us. But with Tango Man on the prowl I can't see us getting him ahead of the Dons sadly.

I wonder if some of the Rangers/Celtic youths/reserves that will be released might be worth having a look at. Might uncover a new Barry Robson.

shiels is truly a fantastic player on his day and one of the best prospects in scotland however theres not a chance in **** the board can afford him and dargo

Our transfer budget isn't affected unless Dargo leaves then we would have more cash to play with. Funds have been set aside to bring in new 3-4 new players not including Cowie

James has had a great season with Saints, but has just signed a 3 year extension.

Scott Wilson is a good shout. Thug or not, we need to replace Dodds with a centre-half who dominates in the air.

As for Ireland, that market has already been plundered by the arabs, pars and well without much success.

Doesn't apply to us as every player we sign turns to gold (apart from McSwgan :023: :003:)

Guest coronationcages

thank you howden ender!!they would all be great players to sign but can you actually see christie going for anyone outside scotland?he said in the paper today "We've already signed Pattelainen from the lower league's and thats an avenue we'r looking to go down again"  what does every1 think about that?another summer of filling our squad with divsion 1 and 2 players?cowie ok and buchannan if we can even attract him, he turned us down in january.

Yip - I feel that ICT could go a bit further afield in the transfer market. Englandshire is a pretty poor market as teams in League 1 proffer better wages than us. Jamie Cureton is probably earning as much as all our forwards combined !!

we need a scout in africa or china football is huge in ALL african countrys and is up and coming in asia

The "markets" to look at is the League of Ireland and the Conference - young and experienced paddies and young and up coming from the Conference. But small team mentality persists. 

Agree with that, CC should stick a permanent scout across the pond, with the amount of talented youngsters that are getting picked up for peanuts!

After seeing Richard Offiong's screamer against St Johnstone on North Tonight, i think we should have another look at him!

It was rumoured in the papers a couple of months ago that we were keeping tabs on him, with John Robertson alerting us whilst he was at Livi.