FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Not a-fecki-gain

With or without scouts, you can only "do your best"

But without scouts then we're clearly not doing our best!!

It's just sheer stupidity not to have a decent scouting network. A club like us is a selling club where we should be looking at younger players to bring on or attracting players like Dargo in order to give them a boost. That's the position we are in at the moment and to have no scouts out looking for players then we're going to constantly miss out on suitable players.

Guest sophia

I believe that we have an extensive scouting network in Scotland. I salute them and say "do your best", we should "do our best" also to support them.

The bottom line is this club cannot afford to pay half decent players what they think they are worth. Inverness as an area is not attracting anyone from outside the region. The ones we get, and are able to keep, are players who perform well for us, fit in with the team ethic and work for their meagre earnings but who would probably not be seen as being attractive to any other team. Or the ones who are born and bred within the region and/or are happy and settled. Those we do persuade to come up here, and who do shine above the rest, are those who need a shop window to better things.

Its all very well calling for scouting networks but scouts need paid as well. The trend in Scottish football over the last year or two has been to nurture your own. We have a head start over a few of our rivals in that respect and in the next two or three seasons, I believe, we will see the fruits of our labour.

Meanwhile, the club needs cash to operate and the only way thats going to happen is to fill the seats.

As for Sean Webb, we need another central defender, he is very fond of the region, is a NI international having won five caps, and would come at the right price. Sean had an unluck time at St Johnston. He was suspended after his first match for the club, was sidelined with injury for two or three months and then Coyle came in and decided not to keep the lad. He's only 22 so is still learning.

Cant really understand why Coyle didn't rate the lad but have my own thoughts on that one.