FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Interest in Black

Pele_Is_God

Shouldn't the last few comments be in another thread ? This isn't about Blackie wanting away on a free transfer it is RUMOUR about other clubs being interested in him.

Chester City and Hibs apparently interested

I would cash him in now if they are willing to pay decent money. Is £100k decent money?

Hibs got £4.4 million for Scott Brown - he's not 44 times better than Black!!

We don't need to sell him so only silly money should be excepted

Guest Arab4Ever

Chester City and Hibs apparently interested

I would cash him in now if they are willing to pay decent money. Is £100k decent money?

Hibs got £4.4 million for Scott Brown - he's not 44 times better than Black!!

We don't need to sell him so only silly money should be excepted

bit simplistic. demand, age, contract etc all play a part in a players value. its not just about how good they are.

Guest Arab4Ever

:004:

Yes Ok I concede, Utd are generally quite **** in the transfer market and I assume you know more about the Dods, Black, Dargo, Proctor, Brown debacle than I do. However it has nothing to do with my original point.

bit simplistic. demand, age, contract etc all play a part in a players value. its not just about how good they are.

Agreed, it's not just about how good they are. However a players worth what others are willing to pay and how much their existing club values them. As with Managers too. How much did Brewster cost the Arabs per week?  :rotflmao:

Guest Big_Vinnie

Regarding Brewster, he used to come up here at weekends & shout his mouth off in the Heathmount about who he was after etc. Its well documented in Dundee that most of his mates were die hared arabs & they knew who United were after so it's no surprise there were so many leaks in the press.

The thing that really annoyed me about Brewster was he was up here telling everyone in the Heathmount about what players he was letting go at United within a couple of weeks of rejoining the club & he hadn't even told the players themselve's at that time. I was there that night & thought he was a complete w@nker.

Its no surprise it got leaked to the press  :023: & he ended up having a major squad revolt in his arms at United which resulted in several players REFUSING to work with Brewster. Which then explains why so many players never played for the club again that season  :sillywave:

Guest Arab4Ever

Yeh he ****** up by selling Brebner and Fernandez. At the time he gave some bullshit story about he felt they needed a move etc to further their career. Yeah right.

Guest Big_Vinnie

That may be so but I also recall the press conference where both he and the grocer stated that the main task would be to reduce the wage bill.

That was just a cover up. Eddie T was livid with Brewster & knew before the new season even started that he'd made a mistake appointing him. It was obvious after a couple games Brewster didn't have trigger happy Eddie's support.

more than is stated on the sight, however as is said he has not asked for a move, and correct me if i am wrong but if other teams are interested and they are then does that not tell us something  i.e. we have something others want, he is a valuable asset to our team and if we look at the last game of the season where blackie took a step back from the challenge let some one else do the dirty work WHO was then booked not blackie, we need his guts and courage in the team and only an idiot would say sell him    enough said

Tend to agree with you Gillian .... If Ian can keep a lid on the temper (control it but not lose it entirely from his game) like he did a few times last season then interesting times are ahead.