FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rory McAllister v Garry Wood

Bronson

Guest TinCanFan

Wood looked quite keen to get the ball against County but McAllister's game wasn't a total disaster but he could do with a few months out on loan.

Why do so many posters refer to McAllister as a player who should be put out on loan.

Do you mean "put out to pasture" ?

What is so great for him to have that fate thrust upon him--assuming that playing in the reserve team at home might suit his progress better?

Do you mean that he would be less nervous out on loan than playing in Inverness? :011:

i think for the good touches he shows at times there are to many times the ball goes to him and comes right back down the field again  but wood shouldve got a longer run today as he looks a better player than rory with the couple of times ive seen him in pre season games 

I don't get McAllister he plays brilliantly in the reserves, but when you stick him in the first team and he just falls apart..

He was just terrible today.. a liability... even... I know that chances are he will come good but how many chances can you give the lad??

If it is the case he is stopping Wood getting a fair crack at the first team, then Charlie must surely loan him out our pass him on.

Graham

Theres a big difference in the pace of the game between reserves and first team.

One thing that may held him this season is the extra reserve games that will be played. I believe they will be playing every week this season, which is one of the reasons CC is reluctant to put anyone out on loan. Wood was earmarked for Montrose but I think that will now not happen.

I'm sorry but watching Macallister miss that open goal today made me ask who the **** is he sleeping with to have so many chances. Hes random punting of the ball at the direction of the goal, yet nowehre near the goal made me nervous about next week if we are indeed stuck with him.

I've very rarely gone to reserve matches, but the last one I was at, omg, I couldn't believe what a shocker Rory had.  His attitude (anger/despondency/frustration??) is frightening and is in danger of obliterating his footballing ability.  His continued international callups/first team squad places show that he obviously has the talent but for whatever reason, doesn't show it when he gets the first team opportunities.

His team mates talk of their frustration at how he is so impressive in training and just can't re-create it on the pitch - and I don't mean anger-type frustration, I mean frustration for his sake.  I would love him to show off the ability that he so obviously has, both for his sake and ours.  For so many coaches/managers to give him so many chances, there has to be something there. 

As for a loan, I really don't know what to make of it.  On one hand I think it might do him the world of good to play at a (slightly) lower level and bang the goals in without the pressure, on the other hand I fear he is low enough and it would be a total rejection or slap in the face.  Who knows what's for the best - that would be why others are managers and I'm not!

Incidentally, the very small snippets I've seen of Wood have impressed me.

On the basis of yesterday, Wood. I don't necessarily think Rory lacks hunger, but Wood certainly looked sharper and more effective with the ball at his feet. We should hold our fire on sending ANYONE out on loan, though - even if the work permit comes through, Niculae has a bad injury record, and Dean and Bayne being injured so early is ominous: if either is rushed back too soon there is a gretaer chance of a recurrence.

when you put someone out on loan you inserty clauses so you can recall at any time and like schmiecal at falkirk must play every game when avail which wood do rory the world of good at a lower league club like county or even elgin 

Rory does not need some fans, he was booed during the warm up when he missed the goals and the laughing and ridiculing of him will not help his confidence. How I prayed his shot was going to burst the net, but alas it was not to be.

I do think Woods maybe has the edge. Rory seems unable to get off the ground to challenge in the air when closely marked. Woods for me seems more powerful and has a more bustling style of play, I was impressed when he came on at Clach, he certainly made the most of his ten minutes. He missed a header yesterday, unable to get any purchase on a floated cross, but he at least got it on target. Rory always seems to start games well, then he gets frustrated and disappears, shame as he must have something, we have yet to see it cocsistently though.

Chin up Rory but you have to be in it to win it, more physical presence would not go amiss. Woody, keep knocking on the door, your time will come.

Rory does not need some fans, he was booed during the warm up when he missed the goals and the laughing and ridiculing of him will not help his confidence. How I prayed his shot was going to burst the net, but alas it was not to be.

I do think Woods maybe has the edge. Rory seems unable to get off the ground to challenge in the air when closely marked. Woods for me seems more powerful and has a more bustling style of play, I was impressed when he came on at Clach, he certainly made the most of his ten minutes. He missed a header yesterday, unable to get any purchase on a floated cross, but he at least got it on target. Rory always seems to start games well, then he gets frustrated and disappears, shame as he must have something, we have yet to see it cocsistently though.

Chin up Rory but you have to be in it to win it, more physical presence would not go amiss. Woody, keep knocking on the door, your time will come.

agree with that tm4tj

I dont see the point in getting on the guys back. He's not that bad. CC and Park obviously see something in him. Its just a case of getting him to reproduce his ability in the 1st team.

And shame on the boo boys! Like to see some of those fat eejits do any better! :018:

If theres one thing i cant stand is fans who boo their own players individually. Boo the team for a shocker - let them know what you think. Sure no problem, but booing a 20yr old low on confidence and on the fringes of the team is out of order and completely self defeatist to the teams cause.

I remember Bert Konterman getting boo'd once and saw his head go right down. He was an absolute cart horse clutz but i felt sorry for him and my estimation of how low rangers fans could go sunk unbelievably even further.

Are we not better than that?

The frustrating things with Rory is that every now and then he shows something in a game that makes you think that he could make the grade.

Unfortunately it appears to becoming clear that these moments are few and far between and some of the performances are mediocre at best, with elements which are not acceptable at this level (including at times appearing like a headless chicken).

Wood in the pre-season games has shown a surprisingly good understanding of the tactical side of the games for his age and has the ability to score goals, hold up the ball and link.

I don't think that there are many people who do not wish that Rory makes the grade. Indeed he comes across as willing to put the effort in. A spell playing out on loan may be beneficial to all sides in that he would get regular football at a higher level than the reserves and this should hopefully allow the Management Team to decide whether he is an asset or not.

dont have a problem with starting rory at all. in fact him as a lone striker against huns is a good possibility in our current injury mess.

hopefully he's read some of the sh**e  on this site from  a lot of supporters(of the club, not him) that post unhelpful pointless pish, and uses it to spur him on. 

i've nothing against the lad,dont doubt his attitude or ability and think he'll soon turn into a very decent first team player with a bit of luck and maybe even a bit of support.

I got to agree with most of the guys here.  I saw McAllister against County and he showed nothing up fornt it wasn't until wood arrived that we had some good exciting play up the right wing.  McAllister kept giving the ball away and didn't show any enthusiasm for a game that to a Caley fan is one with the most meaning. 

I'm sorry I thin CC and Park only keep him as we have no choice as we have three stirkers unavailable.

How can anyone make judgement when Garry Wood has never started an SPL game. Perhaps he'll struggle just as much as Rory. What annoys me is that the lad gets no support whatsoever. Give him encouragement and he may react the right way. Rory gets two or three chances at the net and misses. I've seen Wyness miss twenty chances but score one and he's a hero. Rory's a young lad and will come good.

Guest WynessLegend

"Rory's a young lad and will come good."

Sorry, but this sort of argument has got to stop.

Being "young" does not make you an SPL footballer.

Rory will never make the grade.

He does not have the skill.

He does not have the pace.

He does not have the attitude.

What little promise the lad showed has been thoroughly wiped out by the pressure put on him to perform at a level way beyond his ability.

Frankly, I wouldn't loan him out - I would just ditch him.

For his own good.

Rory Mcallister v Plank of Wood

The plank would win hands down.

For a lad Rory's size he gets knocked off the ball pretty **** easily!  When Zander loses the ball, he works his wee erse off to get it back, going after lads twice his size, and belts the **** out of them - Rory just gives up! :008: :008: :008:

When Wood and Zander came on, it was a completely different game, we started to play some decent football.

Sorry Alex, but I really think Rory has had enough chances now!  I don't believe he'll come good.  He's lazy and a liability - he was poor and out-classed against Clach for goodness sake!

Have we maybe just lost the plot and are looking for a scapegoat and Rory fits the bill at the moment. When writing my report after Saturdays game, I also forgot that Rory did some good skills as well as some lesser ones. If his shot at the gaping goal had been a foot lower it would have burst the net, unfortunately we all remembered the outcome. In fact Denzil never got slagged for missing the initial chance, top all time ICT scorer could not find the net and Rory was left to get the mud on his face. He combined well to set up Roy boy for the slice of the century, nobody slagged Roy for missing wildly. It struck me that we are now immune to noticing anything he does that should be applauded because....well it's Rory and he must make an erse of it..........well I dug deeper into my memory banks and came up with this on the match thread:-

>>Just remembered, Rory hit a ferocious looking shot which beat the diving Bullock but crashed back off the top of the post for what would have been a great confidence booster for him and a spectacular goal for us to watch. We tend to now look at his weak points and forget the good things he does, in another move he drifted off the defenders shoulder, chested the ball forward and hit a shot which Bullock saved well, so all is not lost for Rory yet.<<

This does not disguise the fact that his aerial challenges are pretty feeble, he does not even look at the ball when he jumps, or if he jumps, but it goes to show, we see the rubbish aspects of his play and it is making us reticent to show any applause and encouragement for the better points of his game.

I say get off his back and let him work at his game, one day he will surprise a few of us and score a barrowload....maybe.

No I'm not his agent, just fed up of the persistent abuse this guy gets. Keep the thoughts to yourself next time.

Wyness is not exactly setting the heather on fire and his work rate is pretty poor, but he does not have to put up with the constant negativity. I know Denzil has the skill, but he should work harder off the ball. There, I slagged him, me bad.

Now, Russel Duncan's passing............thats for another thread.

(thanks for the session IHE)

No I'm not his agent, just fed up of the persistent abuse this guy gets. Keep the thoughts to yourself next time.

TM4TJ - first and foremost, most people on this site support the shirt first, I don't agree with people booing him at the warm-up, but he certainly frustrates me!  There was plenty of encouragement for him during the game, I certainly cheered him on when he had the ball.  But how many people, hand on heart, felt relieved when CC pulled him off! 

It seems to be an act of stubborness to keep him in the team.  One burst of magic against Celtic moons ago, does not give him the right to a first team place. 

I think alot of people are just plain fed up with Rory now!  He's had chances, but it's the lazy half hearted tackles, lack of presence in the air, and down right arrogance that annoys people!  IMHO this is not a dip in form, the lad hasn't got it.

Keep the thoughts to yourself next time.

Make me!!!  :blah01:

Rory has an excellent opportunity to prove all his doubters wrong (me included) at the weeekend.

Good luck on Saturday Rory - a goal or 3 would ensure huge quantities of humble pie are consumed in the Highlands  :022: