FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

sectarian singing from the away fans

Guest paynis69

Guest WynessLegend

if they started taking points off for secetarian singing that would maybe stop it. either that or the old firm would be goin for relegation, which would be funny.

wouldnt ever happen tho. the bank balances of the old firm wouldnt let it happen.

I loathe both sides of the Old Firm .......................

but I do tire of the reluctance to accept that the problem of sectarianism lies almost totally at the feet of the Rangers Support.

Celtic supporters sing pro catholic songs. No problem.

Rangers supporters sing anti-catholic songs. Huge problem.

I also tire of the reluctance to accept the extent of the problem.

Discussion on the radio yesterday after the match repeatedly stated it was a minority of the Rangers Support who were guilty and that they should be identified.

I'll identify them.

The ENTIRE away stand rose AS ONE to sing the sash, repeatedly.

It is a HUGE problem, so deeply rooted amongst the Rangers support that they remain completely unaware of just how disgusting they are.

They will NOT put there own house in order.

Points deduction is the only way - and it should start NOW.

I am thankful that there has been a huge outcry after the seasons first game and hope that the spotlight is not removed for any part of the season.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... "If they go to Dublin we will follow on" certainly doesn't offend me in any way....... A lot of the people who critisize them on here probably don't know the words ...

I can't help observing that you didn't mention the line just before "If they go to Dublin we will follow on"! Assuming you yourself know the words of course  :004:

I must say I agree with a lot of what has been said recently about the 'add-ons' and knowing a few huns myself I know they take a perverse pleasure in squeezing in pope/vatican references to the most innocent of songs.

Even the song 'Follow, Follow' only gained the 'Dublin' reference in the 60s as far as I can remember.

Sectarian Chants from the South Stand Yesterday

There like heroin addicts, they know there not supposed to but they just can't stop themselves doing it  :rotflmao:

Another Rangers Moron manages to add a video to Youtube with one of the banned lines in the footage, in this case just after 50 seconds "FTP and Vatican" during there Follow Follow song :018:

It's not just certain individuals, its hundreds of them singing the songs at the games, Rangers obviously sell these tickets to their own supporters, I believe its in a ballot draw as to who gets them for whichever away match, so for Rangers to say they have no control over it, sorry does not get them of the hook with me.

Away supporters could be banned but the downside to banning away fans is it means more and more will end up in the home sections, especially if the club are giving them to a certain taxi driver in the town :33:

Forget fines, they had that with the Osasuna game it obviously hasn't worked, time to hit the club hard and just deduct the points off them, these mindless Muppet's will not want to go and watch when there in the lower half of the table and at the same time it might just get the normal rangers fans to actually do the "self-policing" we keep hearing about that is obviously not happening looking at that footage as none of the ones sat down are willing to try and stop them.

Rangers facing probe over chants 

Rangers are expected to be reported to the Scottish Premier League because of songs heard coming from their support during Saturday's game in Inverness.

They have already been sanctioned twice by Uefa after chants during European games against Villarreal and Osasuna were deemed offensive.

It is understood events at Caledonian Stadium will be mentioned in SPL delegate Alan ****'s report.

That is expected at the league's offices on Tuesday.

Rangers could face a fine or have points docked but are more likely to escape with a warning this time.

We will be looking into the circumstances surrounding today's game

Rangers statement

The club have had campaigns to eradicate sectarianism within their support.

And a statement from Rangers following the 3-0 victory in Inverness said: "The club is wholly committed to continuing its efforts to eradicate inappropriate behaviour.

The only way we will rid ourselves of this is for the club to refuse away tickets

"We will be looking into the circumstances surrounding today's game."

The Ibrox club find themselves under the spotlight again nine days after launching the 'Follow With Pride' campaign, which is aimed at cleaning up the club's image by ending sectarian and other abusive chanting.

Guest TinCanFan

Here's what should be done to Rangers in my view.  I believe Rangers should be deducted points and/or have supporters banned from away games and be taken out by police if they are foundin the home section.  I would also like to see home fans whistle out the Rangers fans when they start sing their idiotic songs.  The Osasuna police were absolutely right when they heard anti-Catholic songs in a heavily Catholic country and that shut them up until they came back and said how badly they were treated. :019: 

:crazy07   

I would like to complain about rangers fans in beside Inverness fans and having to put up with them standing and cheering when Rangers  scored and to rub it it offensive two fingers signs put towards us in the opposite stand. I said personally to the police that they had put some out but not them all and they just laughed typical

Inverness Police attitude dont like confrontation. :023:

:

In fairness they were a lot better than the clowns from last season who, when asked why they weren't doing anything to remove the Away fans in the Home end, was "What are we meant to do about it?"  :017:

Guest TinCanFan

In fairness they were a lot better than the clowns from last season who, when asked why they weren't doing anything to remove the Away fans in the Home end, was "What are we meant to do about it?"  :017:

If the police or stewards spot an away fan in the home end they should be ejected straight away.

Guest Atholl

Rangers are a convenient medium for the extreme elements of their support but they have to a degree brought this state of affairs on themselves by decades of tolerance and complicity in the mentality of those who align themselves with acts of intolerance against particular faiths.

Whether deducting points is the answer remains to be seen. As a club they have distanced themselves from the extreme viewpoints of the shadier element of their support and closer scrutiny of ticket allocation would IMHO be the sensible option. Withdrawal of all tickets to supporters clubs with known offenders until they eject the individuals from eligibility for tickets seems the first opportunity now for Rangers and their support infrastructure to deal with this themselves. Continued offending by supporters from a particular club should mean permanent exclusion from that process for the supporters club involved. Unfortunately to date there has appeared to be a reluctance to self police the issue.

I think if and when a decision is taken to deduct points from the club seems to me to be no reason to celebrate a victory on the issue. It merely skirts round the issue and leaves the underlying problem untouched and able to continue what many simply see as their birthright, which is to protect the "faith"

On that final note perhaps halting the practice of excluding of a practicing Catholic from becoming King or Queen might not be a bad place to start. Erode the foundations of the past. It is the 21st Century after all.

Guest TinCanFan

I heard today on Sky Sports News that if teams if Europe sing racist songs Uefa may choose to fine and/or ban entire FA's from European competition.

Celtic supporters sing pro catholic songs. No problem.

Rangers supporters sing anti-catholic songs. Huge problem.

I'm sorry but DOB and lines such as "we don't care what the animals say" weren't pro-catholic last time I looked.

Guys and Gals, if you see any videos on youtube or anywhere else the best action you can take is to get a copy of them on your PC (if you can), along with the username of the person who has posted it and/or report them directly to the SFA/SPL/Police.  Posting the links on forums all over the place only serves to highlight them to those who wish to cover this up and they can act to have them removed before the evidence gets into the hands of those who have the power to take action about it.

You need to sign up (free) verified by email and then you can save videos in 'My Account', it's pretty straight forward really. You can also keep the videos private or public. The goon that took the footage on saturday has now removed it. **** too late. Better go put my six year old back to bed now. :023:

Guest TinCanFan

Guys and Gals, if you see any videos on youtube or anywhere else the best action you can take is to get a copy of them on your PC (if you can), along with the username of the person who has posted it and/or report them directly to the SFA/SPL/Police.  Posting the links on forums all over the place only serves to highlight them to those who wish to cover this up and they can act to have them removed before the evidence gets into the hands of those who have the power to take action about it.

If you watch a video of the first goal on YouTube you can clearly a number of people in the home stand jump up.