FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

who or whats to blame for our poor results?

jamie ictfc

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TinCanFan

I think its a mixture of bad luck and the lack of a decent centre back.  Things can only get better, as the song once said.

I'm quite sure that CC & Donald will see us through this crisis...

What's to blame for the poor results?

The fact that there was no one brought in to replace Darren Dods...

And the lack of goals?? :024:

dods left us in january johnboy, or at least we knew he was going

the clue to who is to blame is in your first line, at bennet to it

dods left us in january johnboy, or at least we knew he was going

the clue to who is to blame is in your first line, at bennet to it

You're absolutely right, Clacher - It's not as if Dods suddenly left us in the lurch without any warning....

Were the management not aware of his contribution to the team?

7868~Lady-Luck-Posters.jpg

Last season we took 7/9 points off Rangers. That run was never likely to continue and Rangers are a much more solid proposition this year - just look at what they did to Falkirk today.

Today, we hadn't lost in the last 9 outings at Love Street - another run which was unlikely to continue much longer.

Last week we lost by a last minute penalty.

All in all I'm not to despondant about the start.

Next week the numbers will be going our way.

istockphoto_2830833_pair_of_tumbling_dice.jpg

We knew we were losing a key player and our best defender in january this year.  We have only this week signed a new defender and he is a young player, who is injury-prone, who has started less than ten senior matches in his career.  Every time Caff has come into the side we haven't looked as good defensively, we needed to sign a dominant centre back but haven't done so. 

We have lost seven goals in our opening three games - last season we lost three in the same period, the previous season we lost one, our first SPL season we lost six.  We are going backwards defensively and this will cost us, it already has cost us actually.

It's all very well making exciting signings like Niculae, who by the accounts I've read did alright today and made a contribution, but we aren't a rich side and need to maintain the solid foundations that has served us so well since we were promoted to the SPL.

I'm sure the goals will come...

the defence however is a worry to me, again i see Hastings f***ing up, thats 3 goals in 3 games which could have been prevented if he had done his job.

Also Caff is either not gelling with Granty, or is taking a **** of long time to sort it out, maybe get the new guy in as soon as he is fit, remember he came on loan as long as he got games, somebody will need to drop out.

if we don't pick up at least 1 point against dundee utd next sat then christie has to condisder is future,if he goes its for the best of the club because he's a crap manager.and the board won't sack him they are to nicey nice.

and tokely should be dropped for watt.never been a fan of him either.

and tokely should be dropped for watt.never been a fan of him either.

Aye let's drop our only right back for a center back.

[modbreak=Edit by CaleyD]Comment Removed - Personal abuse of fellow posters is not tolerated on these forums[/modbreak]