FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Positive Messages to Charlie

Scotty

cheerio cheerio cheerio  :sillywave: lol

naa being serious now, you were and also will be a legend at the club for what you did as a player! unfortunatly managing hasn't worked out quite the same, although i won't say you can't ever manage again. i think you should try again but at a lower lever too find your feet a little and where you can cope with the pressure a little easier.

all the best for the future!! (cashing checks) lol

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your total commitment to ICT as manager and your good work behind the scenes.  If the job was affecting your health and family life, then you've done the right thing by resigning.  The club has said it will try to keep you involved in another capacity - and I hope this is the case.

All the best.

Thank you Charlie, you've served our club well and we will always love you for that!

All the best with whatever you choose to do next!  :003:

Guest only way is up-hopefully

Charlie

You have proved yourself to be a real gent all the way conducting yourself with dignity, restraint and class, something a few managers at bigger clubs could learn from.

There are a lot of overgrown kids in football but you have clearly demonstrated you are a stand up guy. Putting your family first was undoubtedly the correct decision and I salute you for it.

Well done for doing so (but I still selfishly wish you had stayed)  :003:

As a lot of people have already said it takes a brave man to make the decision to step down, especially for someone who genuinely has such a connection to the club. A true legend at ict and a man that I'm sure everyone on this forum wishes all the best for in the future. Thanks for all you've done as a player and a manager. Hopefully you'll be at the club for a long time to come in some capacity

Guest TheSmiddy

Thank you Charlie for all you brought to the club.  You have made a lot of us very happy over the many years you have been here.    Hopefully you will find a new role within the club and stay where you belong, managing the club was a job you had to take and we are all proud of you.  Wishing you all the best for the future, and thank you!

Dear Charlie

Thanks for the commitment, dedication and energy that you have given to the club as a player, coach and manager. You did great things with a fantastic club, and I hope you'll come to look back with pride on the achievements of your term as manager. I've not seen anything to make me doubt that you would have made a success of this season too - as Grassa himself said, "we're traditionally slow starters going back through the years".

I'd have loved you to stay, but you are absolutely right to put your family first. It's a brave thing to do, but I'm sure you'll always look back on it as being the right decision - after all, football's only a game and you have your real life to think about.

Here's wishing you a happy, contented future, whichever road you choose. I'm sure Caley Thistle will always be able to count on you as a supporter and lifelong friend of the club as well, of course, as an Inverness legend.

Guest Clare Crook

:clapping03:, thanks for the contribution you have made and good luck in whatever the future may bring you a true legend

I have the upmost respect for you as a manager of ICT and your decission yesterday........... U are a true legend Charlie, I was gutted yesterday when heard of your decission, but totally respect it.  Taking 9 points from Rangers what an achievment, You have done wonders and will continue to do so for the club you love.  I am originally from Inverness but have lived in the Central Belt since I was 10, and remember my dad taking me to see Caley play and ever since then I am a huge fan.  Good Luck !!

Ever since I have been a Caley fan there has been one guy who has stood out in all that time and he is Charlie Christie. Charlie, you are and always will be ICT and I applaude you in your efforts to take to toughest job that football can offer. I know you thought very long and very hard over the prospect of becoming manager and now you have show strength in resigning that position for, what you believe to be, the good of the club.  :clapping03: :clapping03:

All very best in any future managerial roll you may take or in whatever position you take within the walls of ICT.

Well done Charlie, thanks for all your contributions to Highland football and ICT. There's a place reserved for you in the clubs Hall of Fame, for sure. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.  :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

btw What did you say to Bone to get him so wound up he got 3 reds?

Guest marbles

You've given most of your life to Inverness footy, Charlie, from the street league, through the Highland league and right the way up through the Scottish league system to where we are today.

To lose your experience, knowledge and dedication would be a disaster for this city. So I hope you stay on in some capacity.

Thank you for all the memories, and great, great times. Perhaps now you may get the chance to enjoy your 'legend' status m8.

All the very best to you and your family for the future.

marbles (an ol' Barron Rovers' defender)

Guest neksor

Dissappointing that so few fans have chosen to look at this link, far less actually make a positive comment.

CC has put his all into the club over many years and he needs recognition for his great contribution both as a player and as a manager.

Being a local has added to his stature and alas to the stress of managing "his" local football club.

I trust that he is able to find sollace and satisfaction in having done what he has done for ICT!

I hope that he finds it in himself to be able to continue working for ICT in another role.

Whatever he must be thanked for everything he has done for the club over the years.

Neksor

Best wishes Mr Christie,

Thanks for taking the helm of a young SPL club and giving it stability at a time when a lot of potential managers didn't even have the guts to apply for the post.

I can see ICT growing in size and strength year on year and you have helped speed up the process.

Thank you