FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Positive Messages to Charlie

Scotty

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with everything said above.

Best two Charlie moments to remember: Charlie's MoM at Parkhead on 8 February 2000 and the best result for the club (in the SPL anyway) at Ibrox last October.

All the best and thanks  :clapping03:

- A class act as a player both with ICT and Caley and Thistle before hand.

- A guiding hand and regular point of call for advice to those Managers that came before him.

- An inspiration to many of those he worked with, both on and off the pitch.

- The hand that steered the ship to some great results during his time in charge.

Total Respect to a man who has given so much of himself to the cause.

For the memories you've left us with and to your future success  :drinking08:

Hopefully someone at the club will pass on a printout of this thread to him  :021:

Arab4ever you'l be surprised :018: , not only does/did he read it...before he became manager he posted on it, he knows the messageboard exists if he wants to visit it :003:

[modbreak=admin comment]this post may appear slightly out of context - its because, as advised we have removed an earlier comment that doesnt fit the rules for this thread[/modbreak]

I wasn't sure you were doing the right thing in taking the job, Charlie - in the managerial merry-go-round, we haven't exactly seen playing legends coming up smelling of roses when they undertook to manage their own clubs - and if even some of the allegations on here are even partly true you've my deepest sympathy.

What doesn't depend on things written here is my respect for you, which has only been increased by your decision today. In forty years few people will give a toss about Charlie Christie the manager, but I bet there'll be a **** of a lot who'd be very upset if you'd been sent to an early grave by the stress of a job. Your passion for, and commitment to the club have been amazing, but the true measure is in getting your priorities straight and realising what matters most. You seem to have got that one spot on.

Thanks for everything, best for the future.

Guest PartTimer

Aye -- great thread. Think it's all been said, but wanted to add my good wishes to Charlie in whatever he does next, inside or out of the club. Thanks for the memories. PT

The memory of the night 27th December 2006 will live with me forever....thanks for that ! :clapping03:

Watching the news tonight they showed the clip of CC, from last season immediately after the celtic goal in the scottish cup, looking skywards and with a shake of the head, presumably, cursing lady luck............I think that just about sums up todays feelings perfectly !

Thanks for the memories Charlie. We've known each other since you were a teenager at the Caley Park and I was so proud of you becoming manager, someone with a Caley and a Thistle background and someone for the job in it for the long haul. However it was'nt to be.  Enjoy some quiet time with the family at the end of the day family comes first.  Take care, thanks and all the best for the future.

Lynne

Guest Bob the dog

Charlie has got the sense to realize that there are more important things in life than football.

I hope he will be given space in the goldfishbowl that is Inverness.  I am truly sorry that he has resigned, and wish him and his family all the best for their future happiness. Football fans are very fickle people, and I include myself in that statement. So whoever becomes manager/ coach let us all rally behind them and give them our total suppor,t and hope we can string some decent results together. Bye Charlie and thank you. :003:

Thanks for everything Charlie. When I saw the announcement I was as shocked as if someone had died. Hoped you were going to be manager for many years to come. You've done a great job for ICT. All the very best for the future.

If Charlie doesn't wish to read all these messages, I do hope that someone prints them up and gives them to him for his family memorabilia files - some were so heartfelt I was reduced to tears - the messages are all so well meaning.   Not many football managers will get messages like that when they decide to call it a day.

Charlie - maybe you didn't want the job really, but you did try and for that we thank you.   We watched you each game, with your chin in your hands, and with your thoughts to yourself - what thoughts?  We can only guess.

You were truly a legend as a player and will not be forgotten as a manager - especially the Rangers night!!  We were all so chuffed then.   And you kept ICT in the Premier league.  

We wish you all the very best in whatever you do, you deserve it.    Many thanks for being our CC.

Thank you Charlie for everything you have done - arguably taking ICT on at the toughest of times, at the Top Level, when expectations were at their highest!

Very best of luck for the future - I sincerely hope to see you stay with us in some other capacity!

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Mrs PB

Guest TCSICT

Well done Charlie. The number of positive posts on the board show that the fans of the club believed that you were doing a good job and would continue to do a good job and take the club even further. You should certainly be extremely proud of your time as manager.