FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

winning the league in 7th place

I think what is meant is that if, and it's a big if, the OF seriously under perform and at the time of the split there is only a minute number of points separating the team in 1st from the team in 7th and then after the split the team in first don't accumulate as many points as the team in 7th who would win?

It's a hugely hypothetical scenario of course but there is that element of chance somewhere along the line I guess.

it is technically possible for a team to win the spl title and still be in 7th place at the end of the season. This underlines how ubsurd this rule is!

No it is not !

If you want to be pedantic, as I frequently do :P you could say it is possible (though unlikely) that the team in 7th place could finish with more points than the team in 1st place ... however, the split is in effect a 5 game, 2 division, mini-league so the team in 7th will only ever be the 'top of the bottom 6'. Even if the team in 7th had more points than the team in 6th or 5th, they would still be 7th in the table .... and I hope it doesnt happen as it will probably feck up our league table module !!!

thanks rig for clearing that up,

but having more points than the league leaders and being confined to 7th place really does state how silly the rule is. suggest this to any other league in the world - that the team in 7th could have more points than 1st and still finish 7th and they could call you a fool - even if you were playing the bottom 5.

just an observation folks.

If you had tried putting that rule into League 1 or 2 this season they would go mental. There was only about 12 points between 1st and 16th in one of those English Leagues - I forget which. It is still hugely unlikely to ever happen here but who knows?