FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Marius Niculae

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

I suppose that you could get all Niculae's highlights on a short You tube clip.  :001:

I totally agree that we should have eased him in - and who's fault is that ??

I also agree that he has produced some lovely touches - but they are all run of the mill good pro touches. I would expect him to show me something out of the ordinary - a touch that makes you drwa in your breath or automatically clap in admiration - the mark of a flair internationalist and/or a crowd pleaser. Tokely and Duncan have done that this season on a few occasions. Brew, Bingham and Juanjo used to do it on a regular basis.

Chris = I think the guy is a solid pro with above average technical skills - it is a pleasure to see somebody kill a ball - to always look at playing the simple option - to have the capability to produce a goal scoring flick BUT I would expect him to entertain me - I would expect him to pass and move - I would expect him to have a turn of pace and have the confidence to play and beat the last defender - I would expect him to take dead balls - I would expect him to be a target at corners - I would expect him to hit the target on a regular basis - I would expect him to score goals.

Apart from corners Bingham, Juanjo did that - Brew did them all - add Ritchie, Wyness, Stewart to that club. I would have hoped that Niculae would have been a menber by now but I fear that he never will. And for those reasons alone he should be embarrased at picking up his wage.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marius isn't good enough!! Marius isn't doing it!! Marius!! Marius!! The whole point is the team isn't doing it. We don't have two players who can gel together, who can read each other and who can make space for the other. We can't even pass a ball accurately. It takes eleven to make a team. Not one or two.

Every time I log on - another Marius thread!!!!  and my reaction is "Oh Gawd, not more".

When will this end - one man does not make a team, not even Marius.  The whole ICT need to get their act together, soon, or else.

And, please, my addiction to reading posts about Marius is going to stop, right now................he wasn't on the park long enough last night to make any difference though I note Brew thought enough of him to comment.

I've said already, this is tiresome, so it may be only November but I am making a resolution - no more reading or writing of posts for me re Marius on this forum (but I may change my mind when he scores! and then I will really get going!).

I've said already, this is tiresome, so it may be only November but I am making a resolution - no more reading or writing of posts for me re Marius on this forum (but I may change my mind when he scores! and then I will really get going!).

:019: :019: You really mean you are never going to post again  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Sorry Eliza - Marius will score again and hopefully quite soon.  :001:

Why - Becos some prats - who is to blame ? - pushed the PR too far and hyped him up too much - they also threw him in at the deep end far too soon and perservered and he struggled.

If he is a true pro then he must be really hurting - Hooked on a regular occasion, demoted to the bench and I suspect the same at Ibrox. That OF time of game and exposure is undoubtedly the reason that he and his agent came to Scotland - probably grossly underestimating the standard, the pace and the close defending. If he is left on the bench (as I expect that he will be) - he should be fizzing - then we play him from the start against Well and Midden and give him the chance to prove that he has what it takes.

He is an asset at home but - at the moment - a hindrance and a passenger away. (HOW MANY ASSISTS HAS HE HAD AT HOME AND HOW MANY AWAY ? - and the Midden assist was a defensive blunder - albeit a feckin cracker of a cross).

So Marius at home and Bayne away at the moment - I expect that a benhing at Castle Greyskull could lead to Marius filling his boots at home - IF he has the feckin determination and the feckin bottle.  :crazy07i

At the moment Marius reminds me of Bingham, but without the goals ! ( a crucial difference)

It's obvious he is a talented player,  I think he just needs one in the SPL and he can kick on.

Not sure he was ever going to be a 20 goal a season man, but the bottom line is when you play up front and don't hit the net your going to get criticised.

Are you ready for this - I feel that Marius Niculae simply HAS to start against Motherwell AND St Midden.  :crazy07: :crazy07: :crazy07:

Why??

I would hope that Brew, Savage and Grasser have sat him down and feckin blasted him. I hope he has been told that he is getting paid a lot of money but he is simply not coming up with the expected goods. I would point out his faults to him and tell him that he may have a reputation and basic skills in abundance but this is feckin Inverness and he has to fit into OUR system and that he wont get a feckin game fer Romania with his lazy Romanina erse warming a bench in the Highlands. I would also spell out that he has dissapointed the fans and he owes us big style. Basically Marius - shape up or get tae feck.  :023:

Then I would give him extra training and concentrate on short sprints and mobility exercises. Now if he is the professional that I am thinking he is - he should be fizzing and go out and show us that he can play at a higher level again. I reckon that he will score in both our next home games and may get close to MOM - if he wants it bad enuff. I have always felt that he would be a bonus at home.

On the other hand keeping him on the bench much longer would just fuel the fires and be counter prductive in the long run - and if he does not significantly improve then we show him the door or get a silk pillow ordered with MN embroidered and a large tube of Anusol as he will need it for the cold Winter months for pressure sores.

I would hope that Brew, Savage and Grasser have sat him down and feckin blasted him. I hope he has been told that he is getting paid a lot of money but he is simply not coming up with the expected goods. I would point out his faults to him and tell him that he may have a reputation and basic skills in abundance but this is feckin Inverness and he has to fit into OUR system and that he wont get a feckin game fer Romania with his lazy Romanina erse warming a bench in the Highlands. I would also spell out that he has dissapointed the fans and he owes us big style. Basically Marius - shape up or get tae feck.  :023:

I totally agree with you... (for once!) And if Brew, Bennett and Savage haven't spelled that out to him they have let us all down very badly....  :018:

would generally agree with that ihe.

he does have the skills but i dont think he has the pace or drive. when i have watched him he seems to me always to play the little flicks and passes and ok maybe they do get to there man but i dont think e ever appears to get intae them enough.

mind you i would have to say that he does always look disappointed when he comes off

Quote from last weeks HN:

Brewster, meanwhile, told the HN that's he's been delighted with Wyness's strike partner, Romanian ace Marius Niculae and he reckons he's soon be hitting the goal trail for the Highlanders.

He said: "It's just not happening for Marius at the moment and that was summed up on Saturday by the shot that was cleared off the line in the first half. Sometimes when strikers don't score early at their new club, there's a weight, or expectancy, put on their shoulders.

"He's been working hard for the team and eventually the goals will come. I have told him to keep working hard and things will get better for him. If defenders and midfielders see strikers doing well, it gives them confidence too, and visa versa. That's how the team are working at the moment and long may it continue."

By the way the shot cleared off the line was a very badly miscued one in a definite scoring opportunity.

I'm getting worried that your actually starting to believe your own drivel.

Niculae was at full stretch and did well to make contact with the ball to control it towards the goal, their was nothing definite about the opportunity and he worked to turn it in to such.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ positive thoughts..

:drinking08: Here's to Marius and his first league goal tomorrow.