FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The What Are You Listening To? Thread

RiG

"April" by Sun Kil Moon; you should check that out.

That's a beautiful album, though everything by Mark Kozelek is worth a listen.

Kudos on you having great music taste! Moorestown was probably my favourite track of 2008.

• 3 weeks later...

Elbow, seldom seen kid. There's enough bangin' beat to keep Maimie just about awake, and a bit o' poetic licence to keep me going.

Grand

thought about going to see them in edinburgh and i bought the album. like it a fair bit but not ready for sit down gigs yet!!!

:rotflmao:

:018: ;) :lol:

:015: :thumb04:

Recent purchases:

Young Widows- crunching rock, similar to the likes of Shellac and Ex Models.

The Joy Formidable - cheery indie-electro-pop in the vein of Johnny Foreigner and Hooray for Humans

Best of the Wildhearts - the third time i've had to buy this album as my previous 2 copies have broke and gone missing!

Telefon Tel Aviv - new album which sounds a bit like Royksopp meets Fennesz and Hammock. Nice laptop-influenced electronica

Recent purchases:

The Joy Formidable - cheery indie-electro-pop in the vein of Johnny Foreigner and Hooray for Humans

Just started listening to them. Really really liking them :rotflmao:

Good stuff. If you haven't done so already, start listening to Hot Club de Paris, Johnny Foreigner and Hooray for Humans :thumb04:

Recent purchases:

Just started listening to them. Really really liking them :rotflmao:

Good stuff. If you haven't done so already, start listening to Hot Club de Paris, Johnny Foreigner and Hooray for Humans :thumb04:

Saw Johnny Foreigner supporting ?Forward, Russia! last year, good stuff like. :018:

Recent purchases:

Young Widows- crunching rock, similar to the likes of Shellac and Ex Models.

Best of the Wildhearts - the third time i've had to buy this album as my previous 2 copies have broke and gone missing!

Telefon Tel Aviv - new album which sounds a bit like Royksopp meets Fennesz and Hammock. Nice laptop-influenced electronica

Hmm, 2 out of 4 sound very interesting (first two), with the last one just this side of 'give-it-a-go' with the last phrase.

• 3 weeks later...

Frightened Rabbit - Midnight Organ Fight

Best album ever. No arguement.

Excellent. Certainly up there with my albums of 2008.

Mentioned it a few times over this thread, hopefully some others have picked it up.