Rangers -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ach well, kept the score down after the worst possible start, maybe rode our luck at times but sounded as though we also had a couple of near moments, still no points but probably what was expected of us.

Sounds like we were ok ??!!!

The only players I could hear getting mentioned on the radio were Rangers ones. I am not sure if we had more than 5 passes in a row ? But maybe the we had biased commentary  :024:

Strange team selection today ie Cowie not starting and Proctor on from the start,but I am not the manager and I guess he had his reasons for the team that he put out.

But hey ho its only a game.

brewster always trys 2 pull positives out of the games.even the aberdeen 1 in midweek and the celtic 1 basically every game we get pumped!!y doesn't he start focusing on the negatives and try 2 fix them and once in a while admit 2 the media that we are actually complete and utter b******!!

What did you realistically expect from todays game.  This is a team that thumped Celtic 3-0 and drew with Barcelona recently.  I tend to agree with Brewster that we have not played too badly recently.  Yes we have made mistakes, and it is these mistakes that are costing us games.  Don't think it was mistakes that cost us today, just beaten by a better team full of multi million pound players, difficult to compete with that.  Never mind, back in our own league for next few games.

Guest TinCanFan

This result shows how ICT have improved over the last few months.  ICT lost 3-0 at home to the Gers but today lost 2-0 away.  With Rangers having home advantage we should be in for a good game when Rangers come back to TCS in January and it shows that ICT have improved since Brewster's arrival.

Lets get a grip - I wasnt able to hear the game but it sounds like we didnt do that badly against one of the two teams we should never really think we are going to take any points from ....... points from this mob are a bonus !!

I am more concerned with our next two home games .... Motherwell and St Mirren - THESE are games where we will expect points.

Just back from game. First of all, this was a much better performance than the one on the opening day of season. Our passing was good at times and after a terrible start, the defence did quite well.

Every time Tokley went forward, Proctor tucked in and covered him and regardless of what we think about Cowie being dropped, Rossco has been leaving the defence stranded all season and something needed to be done.

After a disastrous start, we began to play some nice football (one move involved 20-odd passes culminating in a chance for Denzil who's shot was blocked) and in the period before half time had quite a lot of pressure without creating any real chances.

When they switched their front two after an hour they really started to come at us, throwing loads of high balls into the box and when they scored it was no surprise. We had a couple of chances after that, one where Roy reached the bye line and crossed to find Bayne who's header was cleared off the line.

Without doubt the second goal killed us off, but before that we always looked in the game.

Barry Robson straight red for violent conduct in the Dons V Arabs game

And that is why he will never be more than a peripheral Scotland player.

It wasnt like he decked someone on purpose .... it was a bad tackle according to radio and he caught the player high .... can happen to anyone

that wasn't to bad a performance considering, although the result was never really in doubt given another **** poor start. bayne up front with wyness  :029:  missed nicolae's creativity imo but hey ho. bayne did ok with what service he had

Guest Muir-Jaggie

i wish bewster would just keep the same team in stead of swaping them all about the place. we never got niculae to sit of the bench a player who is getting ?4000 a week should being playing all the time

Pity abut the result but what strikes me looking at Soccerbase is the timing of the respective teams' subs.

Rangers: 60, 61 mins

ICT: 84, 86, 87 mins

Has anyone actually ever enquired direct to Brew why he seems to own a different coaching manual to the rest of the managing fraternity? 

I subscribed to Setenta for last night's game (costs about 7 pounds/ month here) (the coverage was awful - only one camera which wasn't set up correctly and the effects mikes weren't turned on until the 2nd half)

Anyhoo - about the game.

I think it is fair to say that some of the defending bordered on catastrophic - the first goal was a basic defensive error.

But apart form that there are 2 things that occured throughout the match that worried me:

1) The regularity the defenders commited to tackles by sliding or leaving their feet and coming up with no result.  If you don't get a result from a sliding tackle it places enormous pressure and other defenders to fill gaps while the first defender lays prone on the ground.

2) The amount of time that defenders spent with their arms in the air claiming offside or the ball was out.  This game the opposition plenty of time and space while defenders stood still with their hands in the air staring at a linesperson.

On the upside I thought Fraser looked better the longer the game went.

I thought Tokely had a good game especially as he was defending a player that was much faster and more agile than him.

Sounds like a pretty standard win for Rangers then. Some of the changes were quite foreseen to say the least! Hopefully we will have Cowie (at least) back for the next game.

As others have said we aren't expected to get anything from these games so I wouldn't worry about it. However lets hope what ever wrongs that can be forgotten about in games against the Old Filth can be eradicated for games against Motherwell/Falkirk etc.