FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rangers -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

I'd expect Brewster to come out of a game against Rangers concentrating on the positives roscoe23.  It'd be just too despressing for him to dwell on the negatives (in public at least!). I'm glad he's taking an up-beat tack with the journos.

I'm sure Brew's well aware of where we were lacking yesterday and will deal with that directly with the team, not the press, as he should.  He knows what he's gotta do.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really do wish that people who go to the games would be wholly honest and not sit on the feckin fence. If it wasnt fer the craic off the pitch, before and after the games I would be seriously be considering being an armchair supporter and saving a load of dosh.

The Huns came firing out of the blocks and I had practically just sat down when our feckin central defence decided to be as far apart as the Grand feckin canyon. After that the Huns went into second and third gear and allowed us to look pretty, but ultimately totally ineffectual, until we hit their 30 yard line. If we had scored and that was a big IF they would have raised their game and feckin slaughtered us - lets face it we could have easily lost 5,6 or 7-0. It was a feckin stroll for the OF cnuts.

Brew's tactics were simply awful.  :029:

Fraser  :001: :001: :001:  The best I have seen Mikey play in ages. Looked confident and came steaming off his line on a few occasions.

Tokely  :001: :001:  Roasted by Beasley agin. I take it that Brew played Proctor to gie Rosscoe some extra assistance. How the feck do you do that when it was evident from the off that Beasley was the Huns main tactic as they knew he would roast Rosscoe and he feckin hugged the left touchline. Rosscoe rarely went forward. If Brew had done his homework he would have played Proctor at right back and Cowie in front of him.

Hastings  :001: :001: :001: Looked pretty good but why does he give people so much feckin time. He simply doesnt push himself into their feckin faces. He still gets a nose bleed when he goes over the half way line.

Caff  :001: :001: :001: Apart from the first goal - or can you realy say that !! - he looked solid enuff - but so did Davy Crockett at the Alamo. Solid but just was in survival mode.

Granty  :001: :001: :001: As per Caff - ditto.

Proctor  :001: :001:  Give me a feckin break. You replace our best player with a feckin young deer and play him in a position that he doesnt play in fer the reserves.

Duncan  :001: :001: :001: :001: My MOM as ever. Didnt stand out and gave the ball away a few times as he is prone to do but was the only "leader" on the pitch.

Black  :001: :001: :001: OK but was he fit ? Was he given a Niculae style medical ?

McBain  :001:  Playing in  midfield again has helped Roy re-discover his magical invisibility.

Wyness  :001: :001: :001: Worked his socks off but never really got a sniff of an opening.

Bayne  :001: :001: :001: Typical Casle Greyskull display. Justified his inclusion but should have capped it with a lobbed goal in the second half.

Niculae  :001: :001: :001: :001: Seven minutes of pure magic. Ran his guts off and fell over his feet after a superb piece of skill. Needs more match playing time.

Cowie  :001: :001: :001: :001: :001: Five smileys fer not telling Brew to get to feck and not be so feckin stoopid.

The other sub - so pissed off by that time I didnt even notice - and neither did 30,000 Huns.

As Mann4the jobbie said we didnt expect anything but the tactics were simply appaling.

I was at the game yesterday. Here are my comments:

I thought we played okay. I was frustrated time and time again when our passing went wayward. We were getting into decent positions but the final pass, that final ball did not happen. I thought that whenever we had the ball, Rangers were on to us and closing us down all the time. Because of this, I found that we were passing but not really doing anything with the ball. We had a few chances, but Rangers deserved to win based on their number of chances. I agree with Howden Ender that Russell Duncan was our outstanding player and that Ross Tokley was taken apart by Beasley, leading Beasley to get the MOTM. Don Cowie should have started. I am purplexed with Brewster's decision to drop him. Michael Fraser did well yesterday.

Also, does anyone know why the players did not acknowledge our small band of travelling supporters? Usually there is some acknowledgement to the away fans to thank them for their support - a few small claps from the players, or a little wave or something. But we didn't get anything! Our singing wasn't that bad was it?

Listening on MW, just got tuned in ...

Remember that on a Saturday for the duration of play, Radio Scotland's frequencies are split to offer a wide range of SPL games within the transmission area. There's 92-95FM, 810 Medium Wave, Radio nan Gaidheal 103.5-105FM, which can all be heard nationally, and the local opts out in the Highlands (for ICT matches if they don't make a national frequency), Aberdeen area (for Dons) and Dumfries area (for Gretna).

In principle, Radio Scotland can therefore cover all six matches as long as ICT, Dons and Gretna are not playing each other. I've never known this, but certainly up to 4 games have been done - albeit some of them only in the local area of the team concerned.

It's therefore as well to check which game is on which frequency. I think this is usually announced at the top of the programme just after 2pm.

Note that this doesn't happen with Sunday or midweek Sportsound which is 810MW only, although the same programme is also broadcast on the R nan G frequency in better quality when R nan G is not on the air. With a 2pm Sunday kick off, this means suddenly getting a Gaelic church service just as the second half is about to begin!

As for the "diaspora" not being able to get certain games abroad, which has been bemoaned on another thread, I don't know much about trhis but it's my understanding that this has something to do with the media rights of certain clubs. It's a "diasporate"  :015: situation I know but that's just the wat is has to be.

As for the "diaspora" not being able to get certain games abroad, which has been bemoaned on another thread, I don't know much about trhis but it's my understanding that this has something to do with the media rights of certain clubs. It's a "diasporate"  :015: situation I know but that's just the wat is has to be.

Hi Charles - see the "RadioWatch" thread ..... I have always been at pains to point out that the blocking of programs is NOT the fault of the BBC as they are only following their contract with the SFA/SFL/SPL (delete as appropriate for whichever competition). It is indeed the clubs that stop them from broadcasting certain games as they have global rights .... Its a shame more clubs arent like Hibs or even Hearts in that respect ..... anyhoo, wont elaborate further on this thread as its all in the RadioWatch thread.

I enjoyed myself. But it probably had something to do with all the pre-wedding drink I had consumed before the game (wedding was in morning, then reception in the evening, so managed to go to the match with a Dons fan).

Absolutely flabbergasted like most others with the Proctor decision. I can see the point in it, but agree with the suggestion Proctor would've been a good replacement for Rossco, leaving Cowie on the pitch.

There was some decent passing play though and it wasn't a terrible performance i suppose.

Big 2 games coming up  :symbol_exclaim01:

Something smells ............

Wilson out of the squad but not injured      :symbol_question:

Cowie on the bench and also not injured    :symbol_question:

Rankin frozen out for months                      :symbol_question:

I can see the logic of Proctor starting and to be fair to the lad he hasnt done anything worth slagging off but when two of the most consistent players this season are dropped and one of the most consistent in the latter half of last season is not even getting a look-in then something definitely smells rotten.

Guest TinCanFan

Rankin frozen out for months                    :symbol_question:

I can see the logic of Proctor starting and to be fair to the lad he hasnt done anything worth slagging off but when two of the most consistent players this season are dropped and one of the most consistent in the latter half of last season is not even getting a look-in then something definitely smells rotten.

And right before one of the biggest games of the season!

Also, does anyone know why the players did not acknowledge our small band of travelling supporters? Usually there is some acknowledgement to the away fans to thank them for their support - a few small claps from the players, or a little wave or something. But we didn't get anything! Our singing wasn't that bad was it?

some of them did clap - they just never came right over to the corner....

I get the feeling that problems exist within the club at present that go way beyond players performances on the pitch.  That's life I guess and everything can't be rosy all of the time, I just hope that someone has it under control and individual ego's and issues aren't being allowed to get in the way of the larger picture.

Rankin frozen out for months                       :symbol_question:

I just assumed Wilson & Cowie were omitted from the starting line up/squad because Brew had decided this was a game we couldn't get anything from and was giving them a rest for matches we had more of a chance of winning??

The continued absence of Rankin, however is getting more and more baffling

From my position high above the away dug out I noted two things of interest during the game.

1. We need a centre half.

2. Super Sally has a bigger bald patch than CB.