FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Marius and Dennis

MacBandy

I know we were under the cosh yesterday and rode our luck but from a purely statistical point of view once again Marious + Dennis  = 3 pts.

(there was a thread somewhere about this but a can't be bothered to find it)

I am also starting to think Marious could be the midfielder we are looking for with other striking options alonside Dennis.  Marious's distribution and reading of the game are superb. He started our goal yesterday with a beautiful flick on header to Dennis that every newspaper (and Brew in his interview) seem to have missed.

But...he is having immense problems finding the net!

Absolutely agree. I seem to be the only one to note this in a match report (on my site).

Marius flick on was brilliant. Him and Dennis are brilliant together, but imo we need a good goalscoring midfielder, as both Marius and Dennis seem very keen to lay the ball off, Marius obviously with his head (I cant remember how many times I heard Brew shout 'hit marius!' to Fraser from goal kicks on sat.) While Dennis seems intent on taking everything on his chest, usually laying someone off.

Goalscoring midfielders at ICT? Cowie and Wilson obv. but they're both wingers. Black/Duncan/McBain hardly prolific. Richie Hart anyone? Although having said that I'm pretty sure Richie hasn't scored a competetive goal since we were promoted. January signing Brew! But what about moving Duncan back just in front of the back four, then having someone just behind Marius and Dennis. I doubt its gonna happen but for me everythings pointing to Richie Hart.

Richie Hart anyone? Although having said that I'm pretty sure Richie hasn't scored a competetive goal since we were promoted.

22nd March 2006, 90th minute when we were 2-0 down at Parkhead. Don't remember the goal at all and can't find footage of it, but I knew he'd scored one.

he shot low and hard from the edge of the box after a good move, Boruc dived and had it covered but it squirmed under his body, complete cork up from the keeper, yet he is supposed to be the best in Scotland.  Wonder if his fans boo him.  He also scored a header against Livi, was that an spl game, we won 4-1 or so.

Marius and Dennis are brilliant together.  :017: How many games have they played together ? How many goals have they scored between them ? Apart from Falkirk how many times have they produced 3 points together ? We are really scraping the barrel if we are looking at assists in a build up ? He hasnt got the pace, stamina, mobility or movement to play in central midfield - Feckin Hysteria - Bring on a 4-5-1 at Tannadice.

On a slightly different tangent..... last saturday was the first league points with Hastings at left back, but only just.

He is still pysh at defending.

But we have to start with Marius on, even if we play him just back from denzil in a 4411 set up.

I'm bored at work, so I've decided to compile some statistics relating to our front two pairing:

[table][tr][td]Starting front two pairing P W D L

Niculae and Bayne           3 0 0 3

Niculae and Wyness       8 5 1 2

Bayne and Brewster       1 1 0 0

Bayne and Wyness         3 0 0 3[/table]

The statistics speak for themselves.

Marius and Dennis are brilliant together.  :017: How many games have they played together ? How many goals have they scored between them ? Apart from Falkirk how many times have they produced 3 points together ? We are really scraping the barrel if we are looking at assists in a build up ? He hasnt got the pace, stamina, mobility or movement to play in central midfield - Feckin Hysteria - Bring on a 4-5-1 at Tannadice.

:sillywave:

I'm bored at work, so I've decided to compile some statistics relating to our front two pairing:

[table][tr][td]Starting front two pairing P W D L

Niculae and Bayne           3 0 0 3

Niculae and Wyness       8 5 1 2

Bayne and Brewster       1 1 0 0

Bayne and Wyness         3 0 0 3[/table]

The statistics speak for themselves.

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

TomCaleyJag. Richie scored two in 04/05 season from 36 starts and two in 05/06 from 14 starts. 06/07 he only had nine starts no goals and hasn't featured so-far this season.

I thought he had, but theres def. someone who scored a few in the first div. but then never scored an spl goal. keogh maybe?

Marius was absolute gash today - Some pretty passes and one sooperb flick - but a 20 yard opening skied - a simply terrible free kick and then he tried to push the ball past a static Kenneth who caught up with him after 5 yards. How long do we have to perervere ?  :018:

IHE - not having a go against you generally as I think many of the points you make on here are spot on....and I wasn't at Tannadice. But I don't think we wil agree on Marius. I think we could watch the same 'sooperb' flicks and 'pretty passes' and come to different conclusions as to his worth.

Perhaps I have the 'halo' on him and you have the 'horns' but..... :024: you're wrong  :blah01:

IHE - not having a go against you generally as I think many of the points you make on here are spot on....and I wasn't at Tannadice. But I don't think we wil agree on Marius. I think we could watch the same 'sooperb' flicks and 'pretty passes' and come to different conclusions as to his worth.

Perhaps I have the 'halo' on him and you have the 'horns' but..... :024: you're wrong  :blah01:

I can understand people being impressed but watch him when he is not on the ball or the play is at the other end. You dont pay somebody who can juggle a firearm to be a hitman. He made one sooperb flick at Tannadice which I stood up and applauded  but his general contribution was terrible.

I think that you will find that a large majority of the support are beginning to agree with me.

Guest TonyICT

well in my opinion marius is a better player. he may not be a goalscorer but he will be one day. well dennis is amazing to but who is better thats the thing??