FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Andy Barrowman

thejailender

Thought I would do my public duty and let you know that I believe County's Andrew Barrowman will be becoming an ICT player at some point this year.

He is currently only contracted with us until the end of the season, and I believe that ICT had made enquiries for him to sign in the summer, but it now appears that a small nominal fee could be paid and you may sign him before Thursday.

I hope this is wrong information I have here, as being our top scorer this season I would like to keep hold of him until the summer at least.

He has not been very successful in his time with Kilmarnock or indeed while at Queen of the South last season, so not sure how he will cope at a higher level.  He has certainly been good in the second division though !

He's a very "obvious" signing for us to make, given the longstanding tradition of County's best player each season earning a promotion to the sunny side of the bridge. Not convinced he would add much to our squad though. Hissy and Bavidge have also been banging the goals in in Div 2.

I would be very dubious of taking a second division player.There is a big skill gap between 2nd and 1st div let alone the SPL. He would have to be THE standout player for me to consider it in the first place.

I would be very dubious of taking a second division player.There is a big skill gap between 2nd and 1st div let alone the SPL. He would have to be THE standout player for me to consider it in the first place.

We signed Markus from Cowdenbeath.  Dundee utd signed Craig Conway from Ayr and he's done pretty well, as has that lad Gomis.  So it can be done.

Yeah but Barry has attended the last two or three County home games,definitely something in it :024:

Barry Wilson can be seen at County games if he is not playing for Caley.  In fact quite often if he is injured and Caley are away from home then he goes to Dingwall instead of the Caley away match.

Last week, County-Airdrie game and Caley didn't play until the Sunday, there were 7 Caley players (That I saw - maybe more) at the County match as well as Brewster, in fact they are quite often there if they are not playing that day.  - Incidently Barrowman scored the winner that day !

But I think County players attend Caley matches if they are not playing, so not too much in it I don't think

Yeah but Barry has attended the last two or three County home games,definitely something in it :024:

Barry Wilson can be seen at County games if he is not playing for Caley.  In fact quite often if he is injured and Caley are away from home then he goes to Dingwall instead of the Caley away match.

Last week, County-Airdrie game and Caley didn't play until the Sunday, there were 7 Caley players (That I saw - maybe more) at the County match as well as Brewster, in fact they are quite often there if they are not playing that day.  - Incidently Barrowman scored the winner that day !

But I think County players attend Caley matches if they are not playing, so not too much in it I don't think

Doesn't Barry still live in Dingwall

Guest TinCanFan

Doesn't Barry still live in Dingwall

I believe he does.

In fact quite often if he is injured and Caley are away from home then he goes to Dingwall instead of the Caley away match.

Am i the only one that thinks thats a bit off if true?

The players are not required to travel if they are not in the squad. I suspect they spend enough time travelling as players without going if they are not required to do so.

In fact quite often if he is injured and Caley are away from home then he goes to Dingwall instead of the Caley away match.

Am i the only one that thinks thats a bit off if true?

The players are not required to travel if they are not in the squad. I suspect they spend enough time travelling as players without going if they are not required to do so.

Sorry, but imo ALL first team squad players should travel - they are being paid to work on a Saturday.

Considering County turned down ?82.5k from Sky to move their Scottish Cup game with Cove to the Thursday I doubt they?d be that willing to let Barrowman go on the cheap, even if he is out of contract in the Summer.

So much for Save our Staggies.  Money appears to be no object over the bridge these days.

With Niculae, Bayne, Wyness, McAllister and Garry Wood to also come back do we really need another striker? I think a centre half and a creative left sided midfielder are more important

Considering County turned down ?82.5k from Sky to move their Scottish Cup game with Cove to the Thursday I doubt they?d be that willing to let Barrowman go on the cheap, even if he is out of contract in the Summer.

So much for Save our Staggies.  Money appears to be no object over the bridge these days.

I never heard that one !  :crazy07:

I've heard today that Barrowman has "given his word" to County that he won;t sign a pre-contract agreement with anyone before the summer and is willing to wait until the summer and the possibility of an improved offer from County should they get promoted to the first division.

Not sure what "his word" is worth, but my feeling is that he will still go for a small fee this week !

I can assure you the Sky story is legit unlike the majority of rumours posted on here.  McGregor's response to the proposal was that his priority was promotion not a one off appearance on Sky. Seemed a bit rash to me given County's financial woes.  I felt sorry for Cove as that sort of money would have been a massive windfall for them.

I can assure you the Sky story is legit unlike the majority of rumours posted on here.  McGregor's response to the proposal was that his priority was promotion not a one off appearance on Sky. Seemed a bit rash to me given County's financial woes.  I felt sorry for Cove as that sort of money would have been a massive windfall for them.

As you say connsidering our financial position I find this story amazing.  I thought he would have bitten their hands off for that kind of cash !

I suppose if we had played on the Thursday then we would have had to play the league game on the Sunday...  I wonder....