FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Something is wrong with ICT

clacher_holiday2

So what do we do about 'it' ?

I've not been using this site much over the past 2-3 weeks before this weekend but I am already BORED of reading about the problems within the club.

I'm bored of reading everybodies preferred line ups that will never materialise on the park, I'm bored of the Russel Duncan 'un noticed work' brigade (there a reason its unnoticed), I'm bored of the brat pack moaning about flags and banners they think will turn us into Galatasaray, I'm bored of hearing about ticket prices, the division one glory days, Mike Smith, the internal politics and the Marius apologists....

Why am I bored of all of this?  Because its all so blatantly obvious that something is wrong at all levels of the club that its almost not even worth talking about, what nobody is asking on here is who is going to change things and when will it happen.

What is clear from this site and on the terraces is that ICT fans are great at moaning, bitching or turning a blind eye but sh1te at making their voices heard.  Theres even sections of support on here trying to make a case for relegation FFS!  Is that what its come to for ICT fans?  Preparing ourselves for whatever the worst possible direction the board can take us?

So whats the solution?  Voting with our feet?  What other power does a fan have these days?  Chairmen all over the country would gladly drag a club through the gutter if the punters are willing to pay their way into a ground before making their voices heard.  The supporters trust will ultimately prove to be toothless. as the issue the majority of this site and those paying their way into TCS every week is far too big for them.  IMO the way certain sections of our support are treated in comparison to away fans committing the same offenses and their attitude to Old Firm fans sharing the home end reflects directly on their credibility to represent the fans over anything.  I've all the faith in the world they will manage their finances and PR perfectly but when it comes to putting supporters first theres too much ground given to those within the boardroom.

All thats left for fans to do is to not pay their money every week, for those with season tickets to make their feelings known within the ground and hope the hit to our clubs pockets gets noticed and the lifeblood of ICT can finally earn some respect.  What chance this will happen though?  We all know none at all, perhaps one day when the club is really in danger of going under, I feel everybodies anger right now is in pre-emptive frustration of the inevitable relegation struggle next season and the collapse to part time football, where the club will be starved of the income it needs to sustain any kind of quality or presence within the game.

Right now the power within the Club-Supporters relationship is horribly out of balance against the fans, we're being treated like bloody idiots.

So what can be done in reality?  If the answer is nothing or 'lets wait and see' .. whining is serving no purpose if its not going to be actioned upon by us supporters.

If taking any kind of protest action all sounds a bit much then maybe there isnt anything wrong, or indeed the reality of the situation isnt as bad as it all seems written down? 

What is sadly the truth, regardless of what happens over the summer, is we will continue to have no respect or voice within the club.  One day the situation will arise that requires extreme action on our part, as things stand the club do not think its possible, we would never be taken for granted otherwise, I just hope when the time comes for us to step up and be counted we're brave enough to do so.

I fer one will always follow the club irrespective of status or state - whether it be Ibrox or Borugh Briggs - what I am anticipating is a clear out off the field in the summer and sweeping changes in the transfer market on the field. I feel that this summer is a big big time peiod for ICT and will possibly govern our future. I am reliably informed that this is very much on the cards and may only be a few weeks away.

Even if the current set up would have the decency to address the support, admit mistakes have been made over the past year, and outline just how they propose to rectify matters.

The wall of silence presently surrounding TCS is not only deafening, it is sinister, to say the least....

The Supporter's Trust do have a voice and we meet monthly with the club.  We will follow up complaints, from all fans (not just members), but we don't actually get many formal complaints.  Most people like to hide behind the anonymity of this forum and moan.  Many of the moans and groans are justified, but unless we have actual complaints, naming names, seat numbers etc, there's very little we can do.  I have asked repeatedly for people to obtain seat numbers of away fans in the home end so that the purchaser can be traced. Problems with stewards/police, give us badge numbers, witness details etc.  Then we can possibly get somewhere.

Guest birdog

The Supporter's Trust do have a voice and we meet monthly with the club.  We will follow up complaints, from all fans (not just members), but we don't actually get many formal complaints.  Most people like to hide behind the anonymity of this forum and moan.  Many of the moans and groans are justified, but unless we have actual complaints, naming names, seat numbers etc, there's very little we can do.  I have asked repeatedly for people to obtain seat numbers of away fans in the home end so that the purchaser can be traced. Problems with stewards/police, give us badge numbers, witness details etc.  Then we can possibly get somewhere.

Possibly worth having a sticky thread with this info and contact details etc. If you represent the complaints of all fans and not just members perhaps people don't know where to take their moans and groans. It may even temp those who could not be bothered taking a complaint forward to let the trust do it on their behalf.

I am bored with being told by a reliable informant that what I have just been informed of, was from a reliable source. LG off to the shinty; Mee coming down from those caves way up on the hill and heading for Dingwall...............me............I think I may go and watch my local rugby side. I didn't think it would ever happen but my patience has worn very thin. Sort it out ICT or you may have seen the last of me for a good long while. Its just NOT GOOD ENOUGH