FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Too fat to toddle

CaleyJulz

Anyone watching itv too fat to toddle ??

This is unreal i blame the parents. There is being slightly chubby and then there is being just obese For a seven year old child to be 9 and a half stone is terrible.

Its all about being in control at dinner time saying no chips with everything and making good healthy food fun.

One family the mum was doing great being really strict and the dad would come home from and hand the kids choclate after the mum had said no he should be supporting her not going against her. The father seemed to think that the kids could sort it when they are grown up. He dosent think kids should diet what does he want his child to end up obese adults ???

What are you opinons on this ???

Guest couchpotato

Oops,misread the thread title and thought it was about me.....  to fat to tiddle

Actually, No they were'nt.

One lass from the borders was quite young and skinny. She felt terrible that she couldnt pick up her daughter as she was too heavy - at just 6 years old too.

She had been to the doc to get answers and he brushed it under the table saying it was her motabolism (spelling?). The poor girl gets short of breath walking to the front door from the car.

I know in our house, a treat is a treat not a neccesity. If they have had crisps they dont get a choclate. If they have a choc they wont get dessert. If they misbehave they dont get pudding. It's all about being strict on what they eat, yet not restricting the nice things they can have. They will forever play us against eachother with the 'if mum says no ask dad vica versa' routine, but it rarely works.  It's when they go to granny's house we get the problems... sweeties galore. They must think they win the golden ticket every time they head down there!!! :024:

Is the problem not that too many people sit on their behinds and watch crap television  programme, about, for example,  fat babies :blah01:

Or perhaps sitting on their behinds at computers posting on fans' forums ?  :symbol_question:

Parents ARE to blame for most cases of obesity. Its down to lazyness if you ask me rather than make decent meals. ALSO....too much pandering after kids and giving into them. If my kids dont eat whats put in front of them...TOUGH....they is going hungry!

Is the problem not that too many people sit on their behinds and watch crap television  programme, about, for example,  fat babies :blah01:

Or perhaps sitting on their behinds at computers posting on fans' forums ?  :symbol_question:

****!

Parents ARE to blame for most cases of obesity. Its down to lazyness if you ask me rather than make decent meals. ALSO....too much pandering after kids and giving into them. If my kids dont eat whats put in front of them...TOUGH....they is going hungry!

Snap same in my house Smee and that goes for Gringi Jnr to and if he cooks if im working its the same for me.

Some parents are just to lazy to cook a simple healthy meal .

And some are just poorly educated in healthy eating.

Along the same lines are these big people who're too fat and heavy to get outta their bed!  Who the ****'s FEEDING these people?!!...stop bringing the food to them, that might help.  These half-ton-dad types should get starved til they feckin' get up and get moving.  :008:

Along the same lines are these big people who're too fat and heavy to get outta their bed!   Who the ****'s FEEDING these people?!!...stop bringing the food to them, that might help.  These half-ton-dad types should get starved til they feckin' get up and get moving.   :008:

Are you talking about Barry Lavety?

Eh?  Who's Barry Lavety??    Talkin' about these super-huge people y'see on telly, they're so big they have to have walls knocked down and jvc things to get them outta their house and into hospital.

When these people get so heavy the cannot actually get outta bed, who brings them their food??  If they weren't being brought food in, they'd HAVE to get up, surely.

Guest Arab4Ever

children should be sent into the forest with a spear or basket to forage for snacks. who'd rather have a packet of crisps when they could have a delicious woodpigeon or blaeberry instead?

this iis Cutecaleychick

Healthy meals can be made cheap its just knowing how so many people are poorly educated in healthy eating

kds should be told at school how to eat healthly.

It really irks me to see people who are so quick to judge everyone who is overweight and throw them into the "lazy b*stard" category.

I'd have to literally starve myself to conform with a BMI chart....I've always been that way, aside from the last few years where I've had other problems which have resulted in a decline in health and a drastic increase in weight.

I've never been under 18 stone in my adult life, yet it never stopped me from doing all the things I wanted to do.  I attended the gym 4+ times a week, I played rugby/football/bowls/golf, I skied, I went jogging every other day and hill walking fairly regularly.  I ate fairly healthy, I was a non-smoker, I didn't drink all that much and I'm not a snacker.

Yet despite all that I'm just a lazy b*stard in the eyes of some people because my physical frame doesn't conform to some pre-defined BMI chart.....give me a feckin break.

As to the rest of the argument about obese kids....it's a problem created by society IMO.  Healthy eating is only one small aspect to it.  So many times I see kids getting snacks to tide them over because mum/dad is late home from work, they are then sat down at the table, given a healthy meal and they don't want to eat it was they are full from the snack they had.  What do we do then?  We force them to eat it....and it don't matter how healthy it is, we're still forcing extra calories down their throats and creating a mindset whereby its wrong to leave any food on your plate.

Two issues there....one, more working parents means it's more likely kids mealtimes are being disrupted and their learning to fill in the gaps with snacks.....two, we're not teaching kids to stop eating once they are satisfied, we're stuffing them full, stretching stomachs and creating a problem.

The other thing I see happening, and it happened when I was a kid too, was that kids are rewarded for clearing their plate....and what are they rewarded with?....jelly, ice cream, a chocolate bar, cake...basically a sugar rush or "high" which teaches the body that if it wants that "high" then it has to stuff itself full.

It doesn't matter how healthy the meal is if we're still overfeeding them and telling them that it's ok to be stuffed...or indeed that it's right to be stuffed full.