FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MARIUS AT FALKIRK

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Now I have got yer attention.  :001:

Marius looked "class" fer 15 minutes - great touches, great passes, in the danger zone, lay offs to Rory - who was getting under his feet - then Brew and Malky shouted Marius over and clearly told him to start playing deep and left - almost in a midfield role initially. The he continues to let Rory take the main role !! iMarius simply "died" out of the game. I so wish he had 90 minutes to show his paces.

But did Brew stop there - did he feck ? For a start why did he feckin play Rory up front - Bayne and Niculae were the obvious pairing. It is bad enuff with one slow player with little movement - far less two - and Falkirk are a team that need harrying at the back. Apart from dead ball situations or crosses we never troubled them and they had all the time in the world. For 15-20 minutes in the second half they were playing like a training session.

And what about Cowie - where the feck was he playing ?

And Imrie - starts off wide left - OK - but then he moves inside AND inside Niculae - and then in the second half he plays right midfield and Cowie goes to the left.  :029:

And although Black had a shocker - he was practically looking after the middle of the park by himself in the first half and chasing shadows when they were in possession.

So in regard to Marius and Rory: was it a) tactical ineptitude ? b) giving Rory experience whilst "protecting" Marius c) testing out next season in Marius's absence.

The commentators on Radio Scotland were discussing the position that Marius was being played and could not understand why he was there, so looks like tactical feck up  from Brew.

Brew has a history of playing players out of position, why the feck he does it is anybodys guess, one thing for sure, he needs to be signing some decent players in the summer.

Well I would have blamed Marius otherwise if not. I would love to know the observations of others at the game. But Marius and Rory started off by playing high and almost 5-10 yards apart - but that suited Niculae. Rory gave him much needed space and he used it very effectively. Imrie also looked good hugging the touchline. To me that was Marius's best 15 minutes of the season. He ignored Brew shouting twice but then jogged over and practically went into a deep left midfield position and Imrie switched inside. WTF ??

And Marius was covering at left back when Falkirk got the second - I also felt really sorry fer Marius and Cowie cos thay made some great runs and got - yeah feck all.

They did play the ball about but like a midfield of Ray Wilkins - they got a feckin nose bleed when they got in the last third - apart from Wilson - although Imrie did try to attack.

IHE is absolutely right.  Our midfield was a shambles and it was clearly not due to lack of effort.  Half the time I don't think the players knew who was supposed to be in which position at which time.  A tactical shocker from Brew and one of the reasons why Falkirk dominated so much and so easily.

Aye, must agree about Brew's tactics - his managerial ability in this area is poor. Is this perhaps because he was a player and had a manager to work the tactics out for him ? Now that he has to it for himself he's a bit at sea.

:024:

He's much better in a TV studio. Before he returned to ICT he gave the impression he could see the faults and presumably by definition how to work on them.

At this rate Robbo would do well to slim down this Summer to await the call when Brew realises he should do the honourable thing and leave.

In some ways this could focus minds. We started this year in far too ambitious a frame of mind when Marius was recruited. Next year we start as close relegation favourites so should not in any way prepare as if it will be a doddle. Brew will know he will not get too much time.

As for Marius, I think he has been enormously polite throughout the clubs troubles and would probably make a very good player manager if Robbo were too busy on marketing and recruitment activities..