FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Niculae

Harry Chibber

If you received a bid of   

98 members have voted

1. 1.

• Sell him?
    • Keep him?

I'm absolutely astounded at the shambles surrounding Marius' departure. I do deals for figures in exess of ?400k fairly often - and there's no way I would enter negotiations without all sides understanding exactly how the deal is to work. Doing your homework before considering a deal is essential - and the devil is truly in the detail.  Amounts, dates, timescales and exchanges of documents must be mutually agreed. Once that is done, it's up to the Seller (ie ICT) to remain in full control of the transaction.

If you are the party with something to sell to someone who wants it, it's your own fault if you end up looking like a bumbling amateur.  Perhaps player transfers are clouded in mystery and are somehow different to normal business transactions - but I doubt it. It looks more like we don't know what the **** is going on!

Someone at the club needs to get a grip on this - and fast - or we'll be a laughing stock.  :018:

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The move to Dinamo was instigated by Marius, who approached the Directors on Saturday19th July to advise that he had had discussions with Dinamo and wanted to return to play in Romania".

Got this from the comment made by club statement as main article on this site.

If Marius has set up the deal 1st before talking to the club about it while on personal business he's broken every transfer rule in the Fifa book by negotiationing while in contract. Dinamo are also guilty of tapping up as they from this statement have spoken to the player without agreeing a fee 1st.

So if marius has agreed to waive his fee verbally, and he doesnt, we should report both to Fifa and Uefa for tapping up etc.

I'm absolutely astounded at the shambles surrounding Marius' departure. I do deals for figures in exess of ?400k fairly often - and there's no way I would enter negotiations without all sides understanding exactly how the deal is to work. Doing your homework before considering a deal is essential - and the devil is truly in the detail.  Amounts, dates, timescales and exchanges of documents must be mutually agreed. Once that is done, it's up to the Seller (ie ICT) to remain in full control of the transaction.

If you are the party with something to sell to someone who wants it, it's your own fault if you end up looking like a bumbling amateur.  Perhaps player transfers are clouded in mystery and are somehow different to normal business transactions - but I doubt it. It looks more like we don't know what the **** is going on!

Someone at the club needs to get a grip on this - and fast - or we'll be a laughing stock.  :018:

And i fear its too late. Everyone who reads this site know the clubs a shambles. Just glad the press hasnt picked up yet.

The club are slap bang in the middle of a Liverpool style boardroom struggle it would seem with players being used as pawns to meet certain peoples ends. Im not worried to lose Marius. He was not that great. Bags of ability but no great urgency in his play. Always played within himself. But i'd hate for other players to get stuck up in this.

I'll admit i have no evidence for this as its not in the high profile status league of Liverpool.Its pure speculation but something doesnt seem right and we are not looking good out of it all.

Seems to me that the reason we're in the situation, and the reason the club believe Niculae should not get what he claims is due him, is because the guy was, in effect, in breach of contract. He, allegedly, requested time of to attend to personal business in Romania. Whilst there he signed for another club without permission or agreement from his contracted club and apparently without the help of his agent.

Mix that with the power struggle. Orion brought him to Inverness. Tullochs didn't like it. Orion got pushed to the side. Tulloch get rid of the player. Orion then represent the player and advise him to fight for the cash.

I foresee a big court battle on the horizon.

So if the reason the club don't want to pay him his money is because he is supposedly in breach of contract for doing a deal out with the regulations in place, then why were they citing a "verbal agreement" as the reason to begin with?

It appears to me that they realised they couldn't win that case so have decided to try another angle, and to be honest I still think their setting themselves up to lose that one as well.

Surely it would have been easier for them to have proven a case of "breach of contract" if, as they claim, Marius had done all this behind their backs than to try and argue a "verbal agreement". And again I ask...Why, if they weren't happy with the deal, did they agree to it?

As I've said already, ICT were the ones who decided to sell the player, they couldn't have been any more obvious about it even if they had sent him off to the Euros with a "For Sale" sign around his neck. Their was even a story doing the rounds at the time that Dinamo had already approached ICT with a view to buying.

Whether it's a power struggle or not...I'm not sure. Whilst it may have come about as a result of a disagreement/fallout between Sutherland and Savage it looks to me now like they (the club) have screwed up and are desperately trying to save face. The more they change their story, the more they come across as greedy and desperate.

If it wasn't for the fact that it involved my club I'd be sitting back p!ssing myself laughing at ICT for getting themselves into this situation.

Whilst every club around us is out looking for those last minute signings to strengthen for the season, ICT are running around like headless chickens trying to fight a battle they can't, IMO, win. Even if they get a court to say they don't have to pay the money, we're still losers because we've made ourselves look like a laughing stock and even though you might be the most positive thinking person in the world when it comes to ICT....not everyone is like that and if even one player/club out there fails to do business with us as a result, then who knows what we might have missed out on???

Steve Cairns Statement

Just to clarify a number of things that have been reported within the media in the last few weeks regarding the money owed to Marius Niculae from Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Marius Niculae is owed 100k Euros as the second part of his signing on fee with Inverness Caledonian Thistle, this is now overdue. This 100k was part of the original signing on fee agreed by both parties at the time of Marius signing with Inverness Caledonian Thistle; however Marius agreed to delay the payment of this part of the fee until July 2008 to assist with the cash flow of Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

It is clearly stated that Marius Niculae as per the terms and conditions of his contract with Inverness Caledonian Thistle is due 30% of the transfer fee received by Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the event of the sale of the player.

It has also been reported that I am Marius Niculaes agent, this is not the case and I have never stated this. I am a friend of Marius Niculae that has been asked by Marius to assist him and help him recover what is rightfully his.

I was also asked by Marius Niculae to attend the meeting held on the 19th of July as a witness; this meeting was also attended by George Fraser and Graeme Bennet. At this meeting the representatives of Inverness gave Marius permission to go to discuss terms with Dinamo Bucharest, not as previously reported to go home to Romania sort out personnel business.

At no time did Marius Niculae request a transfer from Inverness Caledonian Thistle; in fact the club accepted a bid from Kaiserlautern for Marius Niculae before the player was aware of it.

Marius Niculae is somewhat confused as to why the club first stated in the press the deal was a straight one and he was due a percentage of it, progressing on to, he has to sign a waiver saying the club do not have to pay him any money. This leads to the current position with Inverness Caledonian Thistle stating they do not owe Marius Niculae any money. If this was the case why did Inverness Caledonian make these previous statements?

Marius Niculae has it stated clearly in his contract that he is due this money and upon taking legal advice will now be reporting the matter to UEFA and will pursue what is rightly his.

Steve Cairns

Edited by stevico1

Marius Niculae is somewhat confused as to why the club first stated in the press the deal was a straight one and he was due a percentage of it, progressing on to, he has to sign a waiver saying the club do not have to pay him any money.

This is the part that gets me. Bennett himself even admitted that the deal with Dinamo was a straight one and that Marius was due a piece of the transfer fee. Why has this changed now?

I can't help but wonder if the Marius saga is likely to affect some transfers between us and other teams in the future.

Edited by RiG

Steve, it is generally accepted that Marius' contract with ICT entitled him to a cut.

However, at no stage in your statement do you deny that Marius verbally agreed to waive it. That speaks volumes.

the club accepted a bid of 500k Euros from Dinamo Marius did not verbally agree to waive his cut of this fee, what speaks volumes to me is that the club admitted in the press that Marius was due his cut of this fee

Oh what a surprise - the voice of feckin reason tells the forum the honest truth - that the Mercenary is the wronged party = as he always has been - and he is honourable and exempt from any skullduggery in the whole affair. Give me a feckin break.

He is now acting as the Mercenary he always was - but at least this whole affair has shown the total ineptitude of our management. This was a Savage v Sutherland issue from the very off - as I have always alluded to - the boardroom politics throughout have been a shambles !! This, as with the Brewster appointment, The Park departure, the Rankin affair and now this has to clearly show that Grasser and co are not up to it.

The only winners out of this are Savage and Niculae - as was probably planned in the first place.

Well good riddance to the psycopathic businessman and the venerable, hard done by mercenary. Most of us will not shed a tear, or take notice of the Stevico dribble and pathetic pontificating - a pity a few others didnt feck off at the same time,

And RIG - you are spot on - would you sign fer a club with our presnt management reputation and/or the relationship between Brew

Lets get back to feckin normal before the club implodes.

OK, but you can't read too much into what people say in the press, and you certainly can't base your case on it. Perhaps Bennett was wanting to lower fans expectations that there would be loads of money in the kitty for new transfers? Perhaps he was really referring to the 2nd signing on fee. Only he can answer that.

But it is well known that ICT are pretty cack-handed when it comes to press communications!

the club accepted a bid of 500k Euros from Dinamo Marius did not verbally agree to waive his cut of this fee

What did he agree to waive then? The 2nd signing on fee?

Can you categorically state that he did not verbally agree to waive any contractual entitlement whatsoever?

OK, but you can't read too much into what people say in the press, and you certainly can't base your case on it. Perhaps Bennett was wanting to lower fans expectations that there would be loads of money in the kitty for new transfers? Perhaps he was really referring to the 2nd signing on fee. Only he can answer that.

But it is well known that ICT are pretty cack-handed when it comes to press communications!

Just to look again at some of the statements made by the Mercenary's mate - 100 K euros as the SECOND part of his signing on fee - what was the first payment ?

30% of the sellin on fee - WTF - are we led to believe that ICT agreed to this ?? - without any Orion assisstance.

As if the Mercenary had never had any contact with Dinamo before 19/07 - GTF.

The club accepted a bid without the Mercenary - or his agents knowledge - The mercenary would have pocketed a cool 300 k euros fer that.

A very clever post from the Mercenary camp - trying to project the blame on to everyone apart from the Mercenary - who clearly now smell os the same manure as a few others.

What would we be calling him if he derived from Ross-shire.

FECK OFF THE LOT OF YOU

What did he agree to waive then? The 2nd signing on fee?

Can you categorically state that he did not verbally agree to waive any contractual entitlement whatsoever?

I answered you question, as this now going to be decided by legal bodies it would be wrong for me to go into process of answering questions all day, I will not be answering any further questions and we will just have to wait until the legal proceedings and they can decide who is right and who is wrong

I answered you question, as this now going to be decided by legal bodies it would be wrong for me to go into process of answering questions all day, I will not be answering any further questions and we will just have to wait until the legal proceedings and they can decide who is right and who is wrong

I appreciate the responses you have provided. However it is very clear from them that Marius DID agree to waive a contractual entitlement.

Perhaps he agreed to waive his cut of the fee, then the amount of the fee changed to 500,000 hence you specifically pointing out that he did not agree to waive his cut of that fee?

I trust that if the matter progresses further, both you and Marius will be entirely open and honest about what was agreed. Or should that say "a greed"?

I appreciate the responses you have provided. However it is very clear from them that Marius DID agree to waive a contractual entitlement.

Perhaps he agreed to waive his cut of the fee, then the amount of the fee changed to 500,000 hence you specifically pointing out that he did not agree to waive his cut of that fee?

I trust that if the matter progresses further, both you and Marius will be entirely open and honest about what was agreed. Or should that say "a greed"?

Yngwie, both myself and Marius will be open and honest as we have been from day one and will be until this matter is resolved.

:o :o :o

IHE for some reason it seems to be in your interest to portray Marius in the worst light possible. Obviously it is in Steve's interest to portray him in the best light possible. Then there's the rest of us stuck in the middle who haven't a fecking clue :rotflmao:

Alex got it spot on. Someone is lying.

I'm just surprised and saddened that a player who I at least had a good relationship with, has left the club under such acrimonious circumstances. I'd be delighted if ICT & Marius could come to a compromise, and settle this out of court, and without Fifa's involvement, although having read everything I have, I seriously doubt it.

I just hope ICT come out of this not looking like absolute idiots, and Marius bears no ill feeling towards the fans, as we, and certainly I, made every effort to make him feel welcome here.

Just by the way, who is Marius' agent, and how did he feel about Marius negotiating with Dinamo on his own? Would Marius' agent still get his fee?

If I had it in my contract I was due X amount I'd fight tooth and nail for it. I'm really not impressed by the statements being made by the club as they are contradicting themselves at every single turn which signals that they are trying to manouevre their way out of something. Not only this but they were also questioning the integrity of Dinamo (Grassa on MFR by the way) which is unprofessional to say the least.

Regardless of who is right or wrong in this situation the directors and senior management at this club have shown themselves to be inept, Simply put I do not think that they are fit and proper persons to run this club.

If I had it in my contract I was due X amount I'd fight tooth and nail for it. I'm really not impressed by the statements being made by the club as they are contradicting themselves at every single turn which signals that they are trying to manouevre their way out of something. Not only this but they were also questioning the integrity of Dinamo (Grassa on MFR by the way) which is unprofessional to say the least.

Regardless of who is right or wrong in this situation the directors and senior management at this club have shown themselves to be inept, Simply put I do not think that they are fit and proper persons to run this club.

And if those senior management, you refer to, turn out to be correct??

If I had it in my contract I was due X amount I dont think I'd jeopordise it to breach that contract, as appears to be what ICT are challenging. Oh! And I also note that some things that were on dinamo website when the story broke appear to have vanished.

As I said earlier someone somewhere is a lying barsteward and I really do hope this goes to court if only to clear the names of the honest folk regardless of who they are. And if it turns out to be the wrong people who are lying then my moral standards would force me to consider very carefully where I spend my hard earned pennies in future.

And if those senior management, you refer to, turn out to be correct??

If I had it in my contract I was due X amount I dont think I'd jeopordise it to breach that contract, as appears to be what ICT are challenging. Oh! And I also note that some things that were on dinamo website when the story broke appear to have vanished.

As I said earlier someone somewhere is a lying barsteward and I really do hope this goes to court if only to clear the names of the honest folk regardless of who they are. And if it turns out to be the wrong people who are lying then my moral standards would force me to consider very carefully where I spend my hard earned pennies in future.

Whether they are right or wrong is was not really the point of my post. I'm voicing my disatisfaction t at their handling of the matter. The point is the club officials are going about this in a completely amateur manner. They have managed to get themselves reported to FIFA & UEFA which does not provide a great deal of brilliant publicity. There are also the numerous contradictory statements and as I said before a personal attack on the officials of Dinamo. If the club are indeed in the right this is not the way to be going about prooving it. Everything about the club is appearing amateurish during this whole saga. We really need to engage a couple of savvy executive types behind the signs to provide the support necessary.

If the club are indeed shown to be in the right then all the fans willbreathe a huge sigh of relief but it's going to take much more than that to restore my complete trust in them. Regardless, I will still offer my support to every player the pulls on the shirt though.

the club accepted a bid of 500k Euros from Dinamo Marius did not verbally agree to waive his cut of this fee, what speaks volumes to me is that the club admitted in the press that Marius was due his cut of this fee

Maybe they ask himnot to waive the percentage of transfer cash, but the ?100k signing on fee?

And lets hope that if the club do have to pay this also they insist its at the signing of contract exchange rates as opposed to current ones eh? Surely the Euro was worth less a year ago! :rotflmao:

Speculation is easy without the facts.

Marius knows what the Chairman and Director of Football said to him before he returned to Romania. There was probably no witness to this three way conversation. Interpreptation without a written record can, and appears to have lead to distortion. Both parties should have created a mutually agreed written record before Marius set off. If Marius was given 7 days off for personal reasons, that should be on his leave sheet.

When things developed, to the outside world, it makes sense that if Marius was authorised (by ICT) to consider a Euro 500 k move instead of a ?500k move, there would need to be a concession. Marius would have to make that concession. ICT should have put that in writing although Marius may have pre-empted that by going direct to Dinamo.

That said, ICT must have given Dinamo details of their bank account. Presumably they pointed out that the appropriate paperwork included a waiver from Marius before the deal was completed. The mass media may have had a field day distorting the facts.

We have an obligation to put faith in our Club until proven wrong.