News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

Who should be in goals on Saturday?

Yngwie

Keeper v Hibs  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think should be in goals against Hibs?

• Fraser
    • Esson

I've not seen Esson in a competitive match so cant really judge him but, considering he has a great deal more experience than Mike, I cant see him being a better keeper. If he was would he be signing as No 2 for us.

I think it would be unfair to punish Mike on saturdays performance and it would be a bad hit to his confidence if he was made the scapegoat for that disaster. Drop Mike then I suggest you drop the other ten who started that day.

How many times have you actually watched fraser play this season? I have watched him plenty and to suggest last saturday was a one off is nonsense.There have been plenty of other games he has cost us this season . What is the point in having competition for places if you are not punished for poor performances. Regarding what i have read in an earlier post about Michael being a great athlete,what great athlete would be out in the city centre on tuesday night drinking along with several of his teamates. That sums up how much last saturdays defeat hurt them and the lack of disciplne being imposed by our management team.

I've seen seven league games this season.

Where in my post do I suggest last saturday was a one off?

So the players get a wednesday off and go out tuesday night for a drink. Dont you think even Ronaldo and Van der Sar go out for a drink one night a week? Do you not have a social life?

Lets look at the first two goals last saturday:-

1. Dubious free kick........shot on goal........Mike saves but spills..........Novo in space...no contest. Where the feck was Novo's marker?

2. Pass back to keeper............poor clearance under pressure...........why the feck pass back in such a situation?

Yes Mike made mistakes but so did every one of our outfield players. All I'm saying is why make Mike the scapegoat.

I'm with you on this one Alex and I'm not Mikey's biggest fan (only as a result of his poor distribution with the ball in his hands)

Having seen the highlights, you could blame our goalie for the first goal if you were being very critical. It was simply an instictive finish?

As for the second goal, although this was a poor kick out, 9 times out of 10 a goalie would get away with this, but given pour luck at the moment look what happened?!

I like Mike, I just think his form is poor at the moment and a rest will do him good long term. I was at the Falkirk cup game and thought Esson looked very confident and assured. (Especially when he crocked thier keeper in the last few minutes trying to get an equaliser!!)