FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Kits

Joonya

Hello....

I dont really post here often but i think that asking fans for help with shirt designs is a brilliant idea. I also think that the current away shirt is much more attractive than the home one.

As someone above said i also think that our typical blue and red strips are garish and as a female fan i would never even consider buying a strip in the blue/red design... I think the away strip this season is nice and the black looks much better than the blue and red...

I noticed a photo on the official site of Jamie Duff in a pale blue (training?) strip which is much more attractive than the current home strip...Maybe a possible design for an away kit??

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT CAN ONLY BE RED AND BLACK

what! :o !

This season one is black and red and Im sure its cursed!!!

I completely agree. I *never* wear mine to games any more.

Same here!

It's buried at the bottom of my drawer!

never to see daylight again!

I personally don't think the idea for 2 different kits to replicate thistle and caley is the way to go. The club is 14 years old and still people go on about pre-merger bias.

The red and blue works well as a home strip, and the away strip can be varied. We've already had a yellow and blue design, not to mention the orange kit.

The template is for people to design THEIR ideas for a new kit. Some have already said they like the 2nd desing on my original post, and I too think it is one of the better ones. I, for one, intend to keep designing shirts as it is quickly becoming an addictive hobby. You are never going to get 100% of the fans liking the new kit, but a change from time to time encourages people to buy something new and with the times.

here are a couple more of my examples...

even easier ......

Year 1-2 red background, blue stripes

post-2-1226977285.png

Year 3-4 blue background, red stripes

post-2-1226977295.png

For anyone who has Photoshop and wants to mess around with the actual PSD files from many manufacturers (including Errea) and produce a design, the pack is available in our downloads section

http://community.caleythistleonline.com/in...tocom=downloads

What can only be red and black?

Next seasons replacement away strip....................which is what this thread is about.

actually, this thread is about "new kits" in general, I don't think Gringo JNR specified away kits although we know that this is the one that is changing next year and the one that the club have invited suggestions about .....

for what its worth, I would be happy enough with red and black, even though this year's away strip is black with touches of red

Read the last line of his first post :rotflmao:

What can only be red and black?

Next seasons replacement away strip....................which is what this thread is about.

Its not what the OP stated alex but as usual you seem to have hijacked the thread.

Read the last line of the opening post.

Not too much of a regular on here, but seeing as this is my line of work (design), I thought I'd add my money's worth.

This design of the home kit has always troubled me, mainly for the basic reason it is red and blue, and bright red and blue at that. These two colours are difficult to get working well together, and apart from Crystal Palace, I can't really think of any other teams who have this combination as stripes. The reason Barca works so well is they are much more subtle tones, navy and ruby red, rather than the bright (garish) colours that we use. However, what is important is the history, and the pedigree of both clubs pre-merger should be celebrated. Its a difficult one, but a fair mix of red and blue it must be.

That aside though, I think the main issue is consistency. An overall basic design should be decided on, stripes, blue shorts, red socks, whatever. But by changing the design every year in such fundamental ways really doesn't help things. This year's shirt for example has no consistency with last years in overall design, which is a real problem in my opinion. How do you keep faith in the jersey if it keeps changing design so drastically? And how do you expect any sense of recognition, especially with young kids if it keeps changing? Although I hate to say it, I can't help thinking of a cheap version of a Rangers shirt when I see this year's top.

The main question should be then what is the overall design? How would you describe it in one sentence; "Red and blue vertical stripes with blue shorts and red socks" for example, and thats what the club should stick with. Every manufacturer will add a wee twist to it, depending on the style of kits they make, but the basis should remain the same. Thats the key.

Anyone agree?

Totally - head, nail etc....

Just need the club to take note now....and they can then start to establish the club brand further....

One thing we have established on this thread is that the fans have fantastic ideas.

I just hope the club take note and perhaps run a poll on the official website or via here as to what design the FANS want for future seasons. This would increase sales as they would be shirts people WANT and not shirts they will simply buy just to support the clubs finances.

Some cracking ideas all :018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

Read the last line of his first post :rotflmao:

And look at the first picture submitted by the poster !!! not the one in the first post, but the one in his next post which contains three designs for a home strip (and three for away).

Anyhow, lets not get fixated on this. the thread is about new strips and GRINGO JNR, as there seems to be enough interest, how about YOU tell us if you would like your thread split into two ... with a thread for Home designs and a separate one for Away ones ....