FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Kits

Joonya

The Club have said in Boardroom Banta that they welcome any suggestions from fans as to kit designs. Usually this task is left to club officials, players, kit man etc, so why dont we get a few design ideas here for the club to review and put forward to their suppliers.

I created a design for the club a few years ago (although I dont have the file on this pc, below is a picture of the kit I claim to be my design)

post-3-1226783619.gif

The Club are looking into new ideas for an away shirt for next season,

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the next one being an away kit I'd like to see at being exactly like last seasons home kit (vertical stripes) but replace all the blue with black.

Rob, you've got feb8th syndrome..........................little red cross.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

I have now got to the stage of spending my time when bored, designing new strips.

Home and away ones.

Very quick ideas, but here's a few designs I would maybe like to see in the future.

if you want a shot at designing your own, here's a template

I have now got to the stage of spending my time when bored, designing new strips.

Home and away ones.

Very quick ideas, but here's a few designs I would maybe like to see in the future.

if you want a shot at designing your own, here's a template

I love the second design :rotflmao:

Info in Tech Support Forum - Clicky Clicky

Cheers don - thats how I uploaded the files before, but they came up as a download file and not a pic

No black in it please :rotflmao: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make it white!!!

Why not download the template and design a shirt you'd like to see our lads wear?

What about the Barca red and blue that we know everyone loves? The away shirt should be the same design but with black and white (like the pars shirt) this way we will have equal proportions from Caley and Thistle.

Not too much of a regular on here, but seeing as this is my line of work (design), I thought I'd add my money's worth.

This design of the home kit has always troubled me, mainly for the basic reason it is red and blue, and bright red and blue at that. These two colours are difficult to get working well together, and apart from Crystal Palace, I can't really think of any other teams who have this combination as stripes. The reason Barca works so well is they are much more subtle tones, navy and ruby red, rather than the bright (garish) colours that we use. However, what is important is the history, and the pedigree of both clubs pre-merger should be celebrated. Its a difficult one, but a fair mix of red and blue it must be.

That aside though, I think the main issue is consistency. An overall basic design should be decided on, stripes, blue shorts, red socks, whatever. But by changing the design every year in such fundamental ways really doesn't help things. This year's shirt for example has no consistency with last years in overall design, which is a real problem in my opinion. How do you keep faith in the jersey if it keeps changing design so drastically? And how do you expect any sense of recognition, especially with young kids if it keeps changing? Although I hate to say it, I can't help thinking of a cheap version of a Rangers shirt when I see this year's top.

The main question should be then what is the overall design? How would you describe it in one sentence; "Red and blue vertical stripes with blue shorts and red socks" for example, and thats what the club should stick with. Every manufacturer will add a wee twist to it, depending on the style of kits they make, but the basis should remain the same. Thats the key.

Anyone agree?

The main question should be then what is the overall design? How would you describe it in one sentence; "Red and blue vertical stripes with blue shorts and red socks" for example, and thats what the club should stick with. Every manufacturer will add a wee twist to it, depending on the style of kits they make, but the basis should remain the same. Thats the key.

Anyone agree?

Yup.

I believe the first strip should always be some variation on the RED/BLUE vertical stripes design, either with equally wide red/blue stripes, or by rotating the colours slightly so for a two year period it is BLUE/RED vertical stripes with a slight predominance of blue and the next two years is RED/BLUE vertical stripes with red having more dominance. In the same way, we can then have blue shorts for one design and red shorts for the other, and the same for the socks. That way we basically have two signature kits which change every two years.

Where we cant get a bit more artistic is with the away kit. My personal preference might be to have a "retro" kit every so often such as a plain blue one or one with red and black stripes and intermingled we have "other" designs such as the black one we have now, or a white one etc etc etc.

Without question the barca style with a wee touch of variation when when we want a change, this years one was to far away from that, it gives us our identity if we stick with a style. While I dont like particulary like their strip I was watching Airdrie yesterday on TV and there is no mistaking their strip been the same style for years

The main reason for changing kits is to generate commercial sales ..... and teams like Celtic seem to do that with ease just by making subtle changes ..... their home kit (as we know) is green and white hoops and all they seem to do year-on-year is vary the thickness of the hoops, or the detail that is watermarked into the white hoops ....

we could do the same with thickness of the vertical stripes, or switching the order of the blue and red stripes ... most footy fans will still buy the new kit, even though it is similar to the previous one. At last count, I think I had 8 different home tops as well as 4 different away ones ........

IT CAN ONLY BE RED AND BLACK

What can only be red and black?

Next seasons replacement away strip....................which is what this thread is about.

actually, this thread is about "new kits" in general, I don't think Gringo JNR specified away kits although we know that this is the one that is changing next year and the one that the club have invited suggestions about .....

for what its worth, I would be happy enough with red and black, even though this year's away strip is black with touches of red

the strip colour is always a bone of contention with the thistle/caley merger and you cant keep everyone happy.

instead of trying to merge the two, and please almost nobody, why not design a predominently red and black jags one and a blue and white kit caley one both with the ict badge obviously and sell them as 2nd or third kits or just as a retro style top so that fans could buy whichever they liked.

the jags one would be a big hit at least :rotflmao: