FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Contracts (Merged)

davieB

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ask as most of your posts seem to be on here defending / sticking up for him.

Was just being nosey I suppose.

I believe it is just the surname, anyway you are right I do defend him as I do Cowie and Vigurs, I like, love, support, respect them, they are what I go to see every week, they are the nucleous of our team, we all know we need them, on the lighter side, we all know the players, management etc read these threads from time to time, so hopefully Blackie, Cowie, etc read this and take notice, Oh and I have been asked by my side kick (wee lass) to say that its not Blackie she is after, its his wee brother, (seen him at the games), says he's better looking and younger.?

Where is the proof that DoF is to blame?

It would be great to have Ian Black on a long term contract, but don't be so naive to think that the ICT board/management have not realised that as well. I am sure something will be happening in the background, they just have not got round to posting on the website or emailing everyone on this site yet.

I have to agree IN PART, the board WILL have realised their mistake by now, BLACKIE< COWIE ....WILL....go in January and NOT at the end of the season, prospective clubs WILL put their offers in to take them away in January, and because we have F***** up YET again (Bennet), we will have to sell for a fraction of their worth, so where does this leave us then, dont tell me, I already know,oh and if it is not the DOF's fault then who's is it, he deals with the contracts, and if his strings are being pulled or reigned in, then dont we have a right to know.?

Gillian I hope you are wrong about them both going in Jan, but I have a horrible feeling you may be right , if this does happen it will be a disaster for the club, losing our 2 biggest assest for next to nothing

Ian knocked back contract offer today and 4 clubs interested in signing.

do you know what teams?

Where is the proof that DoF is to blame?

It would be great to have Ian Black on a long term contract, but don't be so naive to think that the ICT board/management have not realised that as well. I am sure something will be happening in the background, they just have not got round to posting on the website or emailing everyone on this site yet.

I have to agree IN PART, the board WILL have realised their mistake by now, BLACKIE< COWIE ....WILL....go in January and NOT at the end of the season, prospective clubs WILL put their offers in to take them away in January, and because we have F***** up YET again (Bennet), we will have to sell for a fraction of their worth, so where does this leave us then, dont tell me, I already know,oh and if it is not the DOF's fault then who's is it, he deals with the contracts, and if his strings are being pulled or reigned in, then dont we have a right to know.?

Gillian I hope you are wrong about them both going in Jan, but I have a horrible feeling you may be right , if this does happen it will be a disaster for the club, losing our 2 biggest assest for next to nothing

Ian knocked back contract offer today and 4 clubs interested in signing.

Not heard anything yet, so where did this come from?

i think its pretty obvious that blackie is wanting to move on, i dont really blame him the way brew is dragging the club down. so everyone should prepare themselves to lose black, cowie and you never know who else. where are ict going to be after the january window...f**ked?

If we lose Black and Cowie, then, i think, its goodnight vienna. They are the nucleus alongside Tokely and Munro, its a cliche but first names on the teamsheet. If they both leave ICT, be down to just two consistent and tied n tested stalwarts out of 11. And as a consequence, a squad that is on paper, worse than any other in the SPL. Imrie is the only shining light. Remember the days of Brown, Mann, Niculae, Rankin, Cowie, Black, Robson, Wyness and Dargo (on form)...its disheartening :rotflmao:

From today's P & J

Mackie, Severin, Smith, De Vischer, Young & Mair

The above Aberdeen players could all be facing ICT in 10 days time.

They are all out of contract in the Summer - contract talks will not begin until the New Year.

Calderwood and Miller(DoF) are not referred to in any way as numpties on their fan's forum, for the above action.

For Black and co ICT were pilloried for only starting talks at the start of the season.

Strange, eh! Different values or what?

Incidentally, in the same article Byrne was reported as having trials at Oldham, Walsall and ICT. Maybe the other two managers are his 'mates' too! On here it was stated that this was the reason for his trial at ICT, his friendship with Brew.

Maybe, just maybe, our league position is creating excess negativity and postings are taking on a somewhat slanted presentation.

The difference is that if Aberdeen lose a player or two they have the resources to replace them with (relative) ease and we don't.

There's also the fact that we should be looking to make money from just about any player who leaves the club, and we should certainly be looking to get full value for the best of our players....you don't do that by letting them go with 6 months remaining or when contracts expire.

I would respectfully suggest that Aberdeen's management/board are in a better bargaining position than ICT when it comes to contracts.

Aberdeen are a bigger club, with a bigger fanbase and who can - in most cases - offer wages commensurate with what players might be offered elsewhere in the transfer window(s). ICT on the other hand are a young club with a small fanbase, smaller stadium, and less money. If we take the same risks with contracts then we face an uphill struggle to keep any player who might receive offers when the window opens .....

With regards to Byrne, I cant really comment on the individual, but we had a raft of trialists we didnt sign before the start of the season including Kiran Bechan who went to Blackburn after us ... does that mean we should have snapped him up ?

all the players you have mentioned there have either suffered from indifferent form and/or injury problems therefore no manager in his right mind would offer a player a new contract if he could not be relied upon. also i would not class those players as aberdeens greatest assets as they are not pivotal to Aberdeens success on the park.

where it differs in our situation is that players we are trying to negotiate with are our best players and our most saleable assets and highly pivotal to our success on the park. businesses need to protect their biggest assets and IMO we have not done that for whatever reason.

put simply, the Aberdeen players mentioned all have somehting to prove - that they are worthy of a new contract, in contrast the inverness contract rebels have nothing to prove and are our best players and should be protected.

i wouldnt say different values but call it different scenarios

I would respectfully suggest that Aberdeen's management/board are in a better bargaining position than ICT when it comes to contracts.

One would however assume that they would get their players tied up pre the New Year, so that the club can get a fee from them moving on - this surely, is the disappointment on this board, if Black is going he is going for free!

Aberdeen are a bigger club, with a bigger fanbase and who can - in most cases - offer wages commensurate with what players might be offered elsewhere in the transfer window(s).

They also have, I think, a rather large club debt!

ICT on the other hand are a young club with a small fanbase, smaller stadium, and less money. If we take the same risks with contracts then we face an uphill struggle to keep any player who might receive offers when the window opens .....

Could not agree more! But if the seasoned pros /agents above are not prepared to enter negotations pre New Year, why do the posters on here expect Black/agent to do so?

With regards to Byrne, I cant really comment on the individual, but we had a raft of trialists we didn't sign before the start of the season including Kiran Bechan who went to Blackburn after us ... does that mean we should have snapped him up ?

MY point was that it was stated forcefully on here that Byrne was Brews pal and that was the reason for the trial when we can now see he was also going elsewhere for trials!

My reason for the posting is endeavouring to show that maybe we are reacting negatively to situations due to our league position!

If we were sitting in 6th spot and were 7 or 8 points clear of the bottom club then yes you are probably right, we would be less negative .... but that would mean we were getting it right on the park with tactics and team selections and might have won more than a single home game this season .......

whats that statement ... "If ifs and ands were pots and pans ......."

using the same logic (that we as fans react negatively to our league position) would it be fair to assume that players are the same and contracts are not being signed because of our league position? if we were in the top 6 would we have players touting ourselves to other clubs?

using the same logic (that we as fans react negatively to our league position) would it be fair to assume that players are the same and contracts are not being signed because of our league position? if we were in the top 6 would we have players touting themselves to other clubs?

I would agree totally, with both you and Scotty, the tactics are our downfall !!!(and successful players are happy players)

We, in my opinion, are a super wee team, we need however to use the players where they are most effective and play to their strengths. Brew does not appear to do this.

We all know that players can run out of gas, both ours and theirs and therefore you substitute to strengthen our team or to attack the weakness of theirs(using Barry for instance) This should not be done in the last five mins only! Brew does not appear to know this.

Do not use high balls against a towering defence with one forward up so that even if the forward does get a head on it, there is no one there to take advantage. Brew does not appear to know this.

Now, in fairness, he got the tactics correct at Parkhead so that puzzles me but resorted to his norm the following week!

That is indeed the puzzling thing .... there are weeks when he DOES get things right and you think .... maybe, just maybe, he has figured out that "tactic A" didnt work, time for something a little different ...... but the following week, it seems to go pear shaped again.

If he had won more games, if we were higher up the table, if we had managed to get two back to back victories even once this season then maybe we would not be so critical of his every move ... but that is a hell of a lot of "ifs" !