FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

PIPE BAND MISSING

12th Man

What happened to the army pipe band that used to play before kick off for the home matches? why did they stop and can we get them back?

Was it not the Nairn Pipe Band?

Think they disbanded after some political infighting over money, could be wrong though as is often the case.

What happened to the army pipe band that used to play before kick off for the home matches? why did they stop and can we get them back?

Think they disbanded after some political infighting over money, could be wrong though as is often the case.

Think you are right there, 5th. A pipe band would be a great thing to reintroduce at half time, rather than some fat fool tring to kick a penalty.

maybe the club should look at forming it's own pipe band? I'm sure there's a few pipers & drummers in the 3000 regular fans that turn up every week.

Could reward them with some hospitality or comp tickets for next season.

Good point there VLT, recon theres about 2000 football managers in amongst that 3000 also.... :rotflmao:

maybe the club should look at forming it's own pipe band? I'm sure there's a few pipers & drummers in the 3000 regular fans that turn up every week.

Good point there VLT, recon theres about 2000 football managers in amongst that 3000 also.... :rotflmao:

Brewster clearly isn't one of them................ :thumb04:

Think you are right there, 5th. A pipe band would be a great thing to reintroduce at half time, rather than some fat fool tring to kick a penalty.

OI!! :rotflmao: I'm doing it on sat!!

Sorry about that, Joe. You are obviously not fat.

Right here. I'd be up for that...

Right here. I'd be up for that...

Me too, I've got an organ that's not been used in a while. :rotflmao:

Sorry about that, Joe. You are obviously not fat.

Lol well, I think it is in the post as they say!

Fools, fat or otherwise, kicking penalties are a much cheaper option as far as the club are concerned.

I think it's great fun and is far more interesting than a pipe band at half time. I want to listen to the scores at the interval anyway and at least there is less noise doing the PK competition as well.

Edited by RiG

A small covered stage above the catering area on the west side of the stadium and invite local bands/groups to put on a performance at each home game. Let them do 30 minutes before kick off and 10/15 minutes at half time.

Do it in conjunction with someone like the Iron Works on a "joint promotion" venture.

Helps promote local talent as well as giving a bit of variety every week. Might even encourage a few people swithering about attending to lean towards coming and increase attendances a little. Gets people to the stadium earlier, chance to get food etc before kick off and reduce congestion at food stalls at half-time. Also might get people livened up a bit before the match and help improve atmosphere during the game.

A small covered stage above the catering area on the west side of the stadium and invite local bands/groups to put on a performance at each home game. Let them do 30 minutes before kick off and 10/15 minutes at half time.

Do it in conjunction with someone like the Iron Works on a "joint promotion" venture.

Helps promote local talent as well as giving a bit of variety every week. Might even encourage a few people swithering about attending to lean towards coming and increase attendances a little. Gets people to the stadium earlier, chance to get food etc before kick off and reduce congestion at food stalls at half-time. Also might get people livened up a bit before the match and help improve atmosphere during the game.

We cant do that Caley D that would involve thinking outside the box. god forbid!!

wasn't it an Irish pipe band which was based at Fort George that played for the first match in the SPL.

Was the first match not at Livingston?

CD, never mind the bands how about a karaoke machine. Yourself and Rob could partake. Maybe even persuade Uncle Albert to join in.