FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Looks like we are stuck with the clown

SMEE

Just been on North Today that ICT have opened contract talks with Brewster. It will be a long time before i go to another game by the looks of it!

BAD MOVE! :thumb04: :018: :rotflmao:

Edited by themann4thejob

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only time will tell if it will be a bad move. At the moment, we are just keeping our head above water. Won't affect you anyway smee as you don't attend games because of your anti-Brew stance anyway. We as a club have no more right to believe we deserve to be in the SPL than any of the other eleven sides. Lets not forget where we came from.

Guest WynessLegend

Just been on North Today that ICT have opened contract talks with Brewster. It will be a long time before i go to another game by the looks of it!

BAD MOVE! :thumb04: :rotflmao: :018:

Excellent news on both fronts.

Clearly not popular with some people. However, let's stand back and zoom on one year assuming we avoid relegation.

Even assuming a churn of some players we are likely to pick up some good players. The most positive aspect has to be that we have forwards who at some stage will click and score goals. It is impossible for players like Bannerman, Rooney and Wood to gain further experience and not score goals. Wood has yet to be tied down on a new contract but if he is we'd have three goog strikers and inevitably a new player will emerge possibly again from the Resrves e.g. Shane Sutherland.

The relegation fight this year is real for about 8 clubs. That still remains the driver to improve performances. Brewster must be improving as a Manager given the pressure from a less than supportive home crowd. Who's to say he will accept an extension but if he earns it surely more people should try and get behind the club at a very difficult time.

I can see the logic in not getting rid of Brewster at the moment - as we can't afford to.

But IMHO it is crazy to think of extending his current contract

Read in the paper this week that in the whole of 2008 there is only 1 team currently in the SPL that we have beat at home, yes just 1 in a whole 12 months. It sounds unbelievably terrible, but is true, the only other team we have beat in that time in the league at home was Gretna and of course they got relegated.

Is that kind of stat worthy of a new contract? I think not!!

I thought they'd wait until later in the season before deciding whether to extend.

I suppose there is some logic in doing it before the transfer window - it determines whether Brew takes a short term view and targets players who might save his job over the following 4 months at any cost, or whether he builds for next season and the longer term.

Brewster should be judged at the end of the season ( unless things go really bad) this has/will be very much a transitional season with the blooding of a few young players, with no money available to buy experience it was always going to be difficult, like it or not.

Brewster should be judged at the end of the season ( unless things go really bad) this has/will be very much a transitional season with the blooding of a few young players, with no money available to buy experience it was always going to be difficult, like it or not.

There was a common misconception that money from the sale of Marius would be available.

BAD MOVE! :thumb04: :rotflmao: :018:

Is it not so strange . Certain players past and present are regularly told they have to wait until the last minute to prove to our manager they are worthy of a new contract,yet we are preparing to offer the man who could quite possibly get us relegated for the first time in our history an extention! Only I.C.T. sanction that. I suppose there would also be extentions for the dynamic duo Thompson and Garden. God help us!

I like that he is trying to get us to play football, which is more than what he did in his previous stint, I am impressed that he has belief in our youth players and handed some first team responsibility. His purchases have been excellent but unfortunately the results haven't come yet and our home form has been poor...

Rome wasn't built in a day but if Brew can improve our home form we could be on to a winner

Good managers are always judged on their signings and Brew has added some real quality and completely changed the shape of the team

I for one am glad to see him considering a new contract.... and if all fails hopefully Ynited will come in for him and line our pockets again

I like that he is trying to get us to play football, which is more than what he did in his previous stint, I am impressed that he has belief in our youth players and handed some first team responsibility. His purchases have been excellent but unfortunately the results haven't come yet and our home form has been poor...

Would you say he has improved then?

Rome wasn't built in a day but if Brew can improve our home form we could be on to a winner

Couldn't get much worse though, could it.

Good managers are always judged on their signings and Brew has added some real quality and completely changed the shape of the team

Bad managers are judged on results.

I for one am glad to see him considering a new contract.... and if all fails hopefully Ynited will come in for him and line our pockets again

Why wouldn't he consider it, he hasn'e exactly got a queue waiting for him at the door has he?

Would you say he has improved then?

Yes, his substitions are better(he actually uses subs now!), we seem to be trying to pass the ball rather than hoof it up the park, unfortunately we had Dods last time round which would make a huge difference to our defence. I'm not saying he is by any means perfect but there has definitely been an improvement

Couldn't get much worse though, could it.

Our away form is one of the best in the SPL we just need to win some home games... but no it couldn't be much worse

Bad managers are judged on results.

True again, however this is an extremely tight SPL season and a run of 4 wins we could on for a Uefa spot

Why wouldn't he consider it, he hasn'e exactly got a queue waiting for him at the door has he?

I was obviously joking

Did any of you think that the Board would bullet him out the door at this stage.

C'mon folks get behind Brew--our only chance this term.

Remember he IS a new Manager and the transition from player to Manager takes time.

Give him a break,

Give but don't expect to take,

Cut him some slack

Get off his puir wee back :rotflmao:

Only time will tell if it will be a bad move. At the moment, we are just keeping our head above water. Won't affect you anyway smee as you don't attend games because of your anti-Brew stance anyway. We as a club have no more right to believe we deserve to be in the SPL than any of the other eleven sides. Lets not forget where we came from.

I would agree that only time will tell, I would have preferred if the club would have waited a touch longer to see how he gets on before offering a new contract. I wonder if it was Brew that was pushing for the new contract or did the club just think he deserved it?

And the longer the wait the more people he'll have keeping him company.

I certainly hope that is true as the Heathmount Mafia should one day held accountable for their blatant ineptitude and if it means voting with our feet (bums) SO BE IT!