FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Dundee Utd : matchday thread

Scotty

The Caley Thistle boss hopes that the supporters can understand why he may choose to play just one up front, a ploy that has worked well on the road this season, bringing four SPL wins with it. Brewster told the HN: "at home, the crowd are not happy when you go with one up front. Sometimes, people need to take a reality check".

post-2-1228581339_thumb.png

"Sometimes, people need to take a reality check" ... INDEED !!!!! However, I would suggest that the person actually needing the reality check is the manager !

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you go away from home, we are disciplined by playing one up front. However, at home, the crowd are not happy when you go with one up front. Sometimes, people need to take a reality check.

What a statement to make before getting pumped 3-0 at home because we started with 1 up front :thumb04:

who got pumped 3-0 at home? :rotflmao: Edited by blackieforce

The Caley Thistle boss hopes that the supporters can understand why he may choose to play just one up front, a ploy that has worked well on the road this season, bringing four SPL wins with it. Brewster told the HN: "at home, the crowd are not happy when you go with one up front. Sometimes, people need to take a reality check".

post-2-1228581339_thumb.png

"Sometimes, people need to take a reality check" ... INDEED !!!!! However, I would suggest that the person actually needing the reality check is the manager !

And the board for considering giving him a new contract at this stage

Thank God Hamilton are pants.

How s*** Hamilton are is of no consequence .... we are dire at home and this must be addressed, forget about anyone else....

We visit Hamilton in January. I'm sure they'll be up for it - I just hope we are.

I'm really fecked off at the moment. I never even thought about travelling up the road for this game, it never even entered my head at the start of the week.

I've just spent the afternoon wandering about in the Pentlands, and got back in time for a pint and then switched on the car radio with 10 mins to go, surprise surprise we're 3-1 down and going through the motions till full time.

Oh well never mind, Ralphie will be on later to tell us how rosy it all is.

Edited by The Mantis

More to the point , why was Wood dropped after starting the last few games?

maybe Brew has realised that your supposed to score goals to win games. Am not convinced Wood is the answer to that.

Awful result, and performance from the sound of it. What had Barrowman done to merit a start ahead of Wood and Rooney? In fact, what has Barrowman done recently to merit a start ahead of McAllister?

Listening to the game online it just never seemed like we were going to score and as soon as Dundee United did they'd coast to victory.

I've never been a Brewster fan, but I'd have loved to be proved wrong about him, I just can't see him turning this around though. Still, the derby games against County will be one thing we can look forward to next season (looking for the silver lining :rotflmao: )

Just back. We imploded in the second half, as soon as Dundee Utd turned up a gear. If Brew didn't know that the fans lacked confidence in him before then he does now - let's just say the responses to the subbing of Imrie and Barrowman will have told him that. It's ironic that he suggests fans need a reality check - if he thinks we'll score a goal with Barrowman as a lone striker then he must be joking. He just about managed to equal his performance against Hearts with another display of laziness and cowardice - I know Wilkie is big, but the number of times Barrowman chickened out of 50-50 balls was a joke.

As for the rest of it, the decision to play Duff at right back was astounding, and the boy was exposed more and more as the match went on. Surely he should have been at centre-back, with Proctor at right-back? Add the usual move to play Cowie and Imrie on the wrong sides, then to play Vigurs wide right after Imrie's substitution, just beggars belief to what our manager is thinking at times.

And to cap it all, Rooney once more comes off the bench and changes the game. And yet Brew still leaves the boy on the bench, when he is the only way we're going to score goals consistently. If a 4-5-1 doesn't work with him in it, we need to find a system that suits him and play it instead. Before he scored, we had managed a grand total of one half-chance (for Cowie) in the whole game.

Positives? Hmm, will have to have a good think! Black and Duncan did all right, and Hastings put in a power of work down the left, though his final ball was guff as ever.

I suspect there will be a lot of posts once more questioning the wisdom of giving our gaffer a new deal. And after another home game that stank of ineptness I won't blame those posters in the slightest.

I agree Rooney shouldve been on from the start & why wasnt Bazza on for last wee while ?????????????

Because we were 3-1 down and looking for goals :rotflmao:

Aye exactly , at least Bazza makes a difference when he does come on , more than can be said for some !!!

I too am baffled as to why Barrowman gets starts over Rooney

:thumb04:

Edited by Fanoffooty

It's days like today you wonder why you bother going along to games.

I'm cold, tired, hungover and thoroughly fed up!!

It was a pretty even first half but after the break United stepped up a gear and when they got the first goal it was game over.

Can't even be bothered to comment much more on the match. I think the money I've put aside for next years season ticket will be going into the fund for a new TV as I'm not going to waste much more of my time or money going to watch that guff

Edited by kencar