FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Dundee Utd : matchday thread

Scotty

Those querying why Bazza wasn't sent on have a pretty good point I think. There were about 20mins left when Rooney scored, suddenly giving us a bit of impetus. I know coming back from 1-3 is a bit unlikely, but should we not have thrown the kitchen sink at them? Instead Brew waits another 10mins until the game is completely dead as a contest before making changes, and brings on Zander instead of Bazza.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why we played 4-5-1 again today, it's abundantly obvious that this system isn't working for us at home. The decision to play Barrowman as lone striker was nothing short of madness. Arguably the laziest, most cowardly player in our squad - hardly capable of putting a dent on a solid Utd rearguard, particularly when most of the service he received was in the shape of straight, high balls. That old cliche 'meat and drink' comes to mind.

Why on earth was Imrie subbed? He was working harder than anybody else in an ICT shirt. We ended up with Vigurs out on the right wing WTF? Does anybody think he's a more effective winger than Imrie? What nonsense.

When we pushed men forward and played with the ball on the ground we caused Utd problems. We had spells when we were pressing the ball, putting in crunching tackles, winning the midfield battle. But, as is often the case at home, we limped into 'loose' spells (to put it politely) where Utd were allowed to stroke the ball around with impugnity and had nothing to defend but idiotic high balls to Spannerman.

One last moan, why do we only start playing AFTER we go behind? We should be playing with intensity and attacking focus from the first whistle, not only when we're already chasing the game. The 1-1 with Falkirk a few weeks back comes to mind.

Positives? Zander Sutherland got a run out, but not enough time to make an impact.

Guest Spectre

Well I thought the lads put in a decent shift, tried to pass it around but we were always going to struggle with the final ball against godzilla's children.

Defensively Imrie's a liability, their first goal came from him losing the ball, not tracking back quickly then conceding an unnecessary foul on the edge of the box. It wasn't a surprise when he was subbed for Rooney, who as usual impressed with his control and movement (and goal).

Barrowman in 4-5-1 doesn't cut it, at least not against Wilkie and Kenneth, and every long ball we hit seemed to be aimed for Wilkie. When Wood came on he got on the end of at least one!

Duff had a bit of a nightmare, Levein obviously told them to attack down that flank the whole time and him and Imrie were exposed a lot.

Vigurs played deep with Blackie and Duncan further up, not sure why Brewster's doing this - Vigurs is not as good as Duncan in front of the back 4 and Duncan's not as good as Vigurs further up the park.

I don't think Zander got a touch despite being on for 10 minutes, even though he was in space a few times.

I agree with Kencar it really does make you think is it worth getting a season ticket for next year and so far it looks like no

Aye a few folk who sit around me are of the same mind , we are all getting totally p*ssed off with home form

If things dont improve soon it would be interesting to see what a poll would say

Edited by Fanoffooty

ok just in.my observations........ a decent first half performance was lost with a **** poor second half.effort but no class.

1 up front = bag of sh!te

rooney should start regardless and come january we need someone experienced to partner him but wont hold my breath as we'll probably sign a donkey, speaking of donkeys.....

barrowman up front = lazy waste of space, cant jump, send back to county please

we need to keep blackie obviously but if we lose cowie its not a big deal. his cross for the goal was the first decent cross he's done in ages and our midfielders are all too similar.we've got guys coming through as good as he is and if we get a few quid in january for him then great. the service to the strikers is diabolical and has been throughout the season, our crossing and set plays are embarrassing.

were frustratingly close in personnel to being a good team but also scarely close to being pish enough to go down.

As for Barrowman - waste of space (and money).

:rotflmao:

waste of his 4 figure wage,yes but i bet he isnt complaining,being one of the clubs highest earner for little return

I was at the game very early today due to a misunderstanding and i was speaking to the staff in the shop and half-season tickets sales are down 64% does that not say something

but i bet poor home performances arent to blame for more than half,remember theres a credit crunch on also

Inverness tryed hard but we need palyers that can score and palyers with hight!

Most of the palyers today were sh1te.

YOu just knew that after a passable first half, it would be Levein that would have a clue as to how the second half should be played. Same old blah de blah.

I could not understand the Imrie sub, if he made mistakes it was beacuse he was being stretched too thin. He was causing all sorts of probs in the first half.

As above, the defensive positioning was beyond belief.

As above, Barrowman has little to offer, even in the way of enthusiasm, whereas Rooney has more versatility and a good first touch as evinced in his well-taken goal.

As above, I cant remember the last time that I thought Cowie was a knockout.

Other than that, the usual complaints, but I though that Hastings did quite well.

Home games sell season tickets, and the marketing deptshould be on Brewsters case. No way was there anywhere near the 3k gate today and it will be thus for the rest of the month.

Its hard times for fans!

We need to get it sorted out asap.

I know we shouldn't be blaming the Manger during hard times but Brewster ain't helping situatison!

Why shouldnt we blame Brewster????????

He's no on the pitch is he?

See above about Imrie being doubtful before the match. May be we can't criticize Brew for that*.

*(so just stick to Duff at R-B, Proctor at C-B, staying with a failing formation, not identifying the right players, not changing tactics at half-time, lousy subs and failing to inspire)

"When you go away from home, we are disciplined by playing one up front. However, at home, the crowd are not happy when you go with one up front. Sometimes, people need to take a reality check. If we don't throw players forward for corners, they ask why have you got everyone back.

"The key thing is that when we play one up at home, you really have to score first. If you play with two up front, you are more open to attacks against us. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what formation we play. If the players are up for it, then they are up for it and you can tell they are going to do well."

:D :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) :lol: :015: :D :P :021: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And don't get me started on Barrowman !! :D

See above about Imrie being doubtful before the match. May be we can't criticize Brew for that*

*(so just stick to Duff at R-B, Proctor at C-B, staying with a failing formation, not identifying the right players, not changing tactics at half-time, lousy subs and failing to inspire)

:thumb04: :rotflmao:

The one thng that has been at the back of my mind ever since brew came to theclub was his failure at utd. In his previous spell with us he had the one-man goal machine dargo, and a solid defence with doddsy. Now we have no talisman such as dargs, and the gap in quality is looking scary, especially today. We were beaten by the better side but i would never expect such a performance of ineptitude. Barrowman looked absolutely shocking, his career is over with the club. Wilson should have been on from the start, at times like this we need someone like him to rally the troops and show a bit of passion and drive.

The major worry is the way we seem to implode completely. Last season, i always had feeling, no matter if we were two or three down, that we could come back and win. Now i know that the match is over when the other team goes one up. There is a missing link, and last season the link was Super Marius Niculae. He always took the time to work with the midfield and build from there, and he could pull something out of the bag in an instant.

The thing that really depressed me, risking the chance of being a doom-merchant, was watching a dundee utd player take a free-kick and narrowly miss, before going close again a couple of minutes later. We have no-one who could even get that close to goal. That is a MASSIVE gap in quality. Honestly right now i would settle for a player with minimal skill and power if they just had a bit of pace. Robertson was killing us today down the left, and duff was made a laughing stock.

Still, i have faith in the club. The game was a write-off, and dundee utd are a very good side. All we need is a bit of pace and we have a good side there.

BRING ON ST MIRREN......