FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

David Sutherland v David Sutherland

Guest Jincha

Guest Jincha

In the best Harry Hill tradition;

Round 1;

So why was the Supporters Trust set up?

Sexy way to get rid of the Members Club? or so that Supporters would get representation on the board?

One - nil (to vanity over sanity).

Next anyone? (Could be Wednesday's agenda you're writing here!)

In my opinion one has acted in a dignified manner, has responded to the wishes of the fans and hasnt insulted anyone, the other has shown contempt to the fans, accused the other of talking rubbish and encouraging a revolt. I know who in my opinion comes out of this with dignity.

Indeed - more accurate would probably be Herr Obergruppenfuhrer....but 1983 was a long time ago.... :thumb04: :rotflmao:

Unfortunately back to the initial topic though - what is the latest news on the upcoming meeting....?

Just as long as the subtitle isn't " The Rise and Fall of Caley Thistle".

In my opinion one has acted in a dignified manner, has responded to the wishes of the fans and hasnt insulted anyone, the other has shown contempt to the fans, accused the other of talking rubbish and encouraging a revolt. I know who in my opinion comes out of this with dignity.

Would be interested to see your definition of dignity Stevico. The education system in the Highlands has, perhaps, given me an entirely different perspective of the word's meaning. For example, what is difgnified in pubically leading a lynchmob calling for a man to lose his job? Callous yes, dignified no.

Also the claim to "represent the views of the supporters" are somewhat misleading. I and the rest of my family would have happily aired our views at a constructive meeting but what's the point consulting when you've already made you're position very clear. Public bodies are ridiculed for this on a daily baisis, the trust deserve the same treatment. In addition, despite being in the glare of national and local media for over a week, publically ridiculing our management team constantly, the best the lynchmob could garner was less than 60 people, a significant number of whom were there in support of the manager. Quickly the thread of attack changes to the usual pies, tickects, merchandise etc.

If you even assume that only 1000 home fans attend each week, that of the 60 that attended the meeting 60% supported the trust, 0.036% is hardly representative. Political organisations are castigated for such claims. Significantly, in my family circle, there is 100% support for CB in our 6 season tickets. This would also be the case for JR, CC or whoever.

It is particularly sad that the rumblings of 12 people supported by a small number of pre pubescent teenagers are view as the fans opinion. Here's to CB and co getting back track and securing our SPL status once again as he has on the two previous occassions when picking up other peoples difficult situations. Sad that the first time he has a problem, "our support" turn on him.

Me, I off to start causing problems for driving instructors that **** me off!

Quote from sorted...

It is particularly sad that the rumblings of 12 people supported by a small number of pre pubescent teenagers are view as the fans opinion.

:thumb04: :rotflmao: :018:

Sorted : I would describe this as a dignified post from another thread (Ict_Away)

Sticking by a manager who has shown no signs of being aware enough to turn this around, and indeed has made things worse, is naive in the extreme. Not acting when it is clear that the spirit has been bled out of the club and the quality of player is being diluted by the week is absurd. Giving a tactically inept manager money to spend when he has lost the players he has is gross miss management.

Care to comment?

Edited by Johnboy

Would be interested to see your definition of dignity Stevico. The education system in the Highlands has, perhaps, given me an entirely different perspective of the word's meaning. For example, what is difgnified in pubically leading a lynchmob calling for a man to lose his job? Callous yes, dignified no.

Also the claim to "represent the views of the supporters" are somewhat misleading. I and the rest of my family would have happily aired our views at a constructive meeting but what's the point consulting when you've already made you're position very clear. Public bodies are ridiculed for this on a daily baisis, the trust deserve the same treatment. In addition, despite being in the glare of national and local media for over a week, publically ridiculing our management team constantly, the best the lynchmob could garner was less than 60 people, a significant number of whom were there in support of the manager. Quickly the thread of attack changes to the usual pies, tickects, merchandise etc.

If you even assume that only 1000 home fans attend each week, that of the 60 that attended the meeting 60% supported the trust, 0.036% is hardly representative. Political organisations are castigated for such claims. Significantly, in my family circle, there is 100% support for CB in our 6 season tickets. This would also be the case for JR, CC or whoever.

It is particularly sad that the rumblings of 12 people supported by a small number of pre pubescent teenagers are view as the fans opinion. Here's to CB and co getting back track and securing our SPL status once again as he has on the two previous occassions when picking up other peoples difficult situations. Sad that the first time he has a problem, "our support" turn on him.

Obviously dont know the meaning of dignified then?

You omit to mention that the last two occasions that Brew has ' saved ' the team has been when he was a player. Brew the manager is no up to the job.

Sounds like sour grapes to me eh?

Obviously dont know the meaning of dignified then?

You omit to mention that the last two occasions that Brew has ' saved ' the team has been when he was a player. Brew the manager is no up to the job.

Sounds like sour grapes to me eh?

How in the hell did you get to that conclusion?

Firstly, care to point out where the ST has called for Brewster to lose his job? Personally I think you'll struggle there.

Secondly, care to point out where the ST has claimed it's representative of 100% of the supporters? It's representative of the ST... I await your response eagerly... :rotflmao:

What are you on about? The Trust made the purposes of the meeting very clear, it was to consult the membership, not raise support for their personal views. Had you actually bothered to attend the meeting then you would have seen for yourself that at no point did DJS try and lead or encourage any lynch mob.

You are also well wide of the mark in suggesting a significant number at the meeting were in support of the manager. As I said elsewhere, the only differing opinions were among those who thought he should go now and those who thought he should have gone weeks ago or think that the disruption going in to the next two games would do more harm than good and it should be revisited after that time.

Other issues were raised as evidence of the fact that the malaise seems to be rife throughout the club and how it seems to have become the culture at the stadium and it was suggested that this lack of ambition and progress in other areas has now spread into the playing side.

The average attendance is down by between 9% and 10% (450 to 500 per game). For the first season since this club were formed a large percentage of fans have taken to their feet and left early on several occasions. Half Season Ticket sales are down and ticket sales for the forthcoming cup match are, I believe, the lowest we've ever seen for a home cup fixture.

Whilst we can only take a count of those people who choose to partake in polls etc, it is naive in the extreme to assume that those not taking part are in support of Brewster. Any poll, be it on here or elsewhere, has shown that in excess of 80% of participants want him gone. If so many others are to be assumed to be as passionate about keeping Brewster as those who want to see him gone, then why did they not attend to give balance, or indeed swing things in favour of their views.

If the club think so many are in favour, then I call for them to issue voting slips to everyone who comes through the turnstiles at the next home game asking them if Brewster should stay or go, or give me permission and I'll do it to save them the work/cost.

Far easier for them to bury their head in the sand, twist the figures and live in blisful ignorance assuming that those who don't shout and scream are on their side.....easier perhaps, but a very very dangerous assumption.

For someone who is so hell bent on keeping the facts straight you have a terrible habit of plucking figures out of the air and making assumptions about people.

And if all else fails we can always resort to the Internet Hardman routine and start throwing about threats!!!

People who talk about a "lynch mob" don't know the meaning of the word, either. Go to the American Deep South and ask them what a lynch mob is. Our actions are not those of a "lynch mob", merely those of a large number of fans who have had about as much as they can take of the current situation.

Would be interested to see your definition of dignity Stevico. The education system in the Highlands has, perhaps, given me an entirely different perspective of the word's meaning

For your information I was also educated in the Highland and the last line of your post was your idea of dignity well enough said.

I am not going to go into why the rest of your post is drivel as I think it has been highlighted since by other posters.

pubically leading a lynchmob

Ouch!

If you even assume that only 1000 home fans attend each week, that of the 60 that attended the meeting 60% supported the trust, 0.036% is hardly representative.

The education system in the Highlands has, perhaps, given me an entirely different perspective of the word's meaning.

Shame it hasn't helped you grasp the concept of percentages though.....