Team for Partick

Renegade

After another shambles it's time for a big change me thinks:

---------------------------------Esson-------------------------------

-----------Proctor----------------Duff--------------Munro------------

---Cowie-------------------------Black-----------------------Imrie---

-------------------------------Djebi-Zadi-----------------------------

---------Tokely*------------------Wood------------Rooney-------------

*If Tokely is out injured, stick Imrie up front with Hastings at left wing or Lionel to replace Tokely with Vigurs coming in infront of Black.

Partick seem to be big on the 3-5-2, so with 3 up-front, they have to keep the denfender back at all times. If Lionel uses his pace and joins it to make it a front 4 then they'll have to keep more back (if he was played in this position he'd be a real handful I reckon). Esson in goal, Proc right back. Duff centre-back and Munro left-back. The midfield three of Cowie, Black and Imrie, with big Lionel just infront, for some presense in the midfield and so he can knock it on to the front three. Wood up front as the target man, Rooney to knock it in and Tokers right forward to jazz around there as well (know there's a thought, Roscoe and Lionel unfront, hmm). There you go, makes complete sense.

Subs: Fraser, Hastings, Barrowman, Duncan, McBain, Vigurs, McGuire

Edited by Renegade

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are obsessed with Lionel! :o

I wouldn't say obsessed, I just reckon I know the best place to play him, further up the pitch where he's quite good, not at the back where he's a liability. Same goes for Tokely.

Edited by Renegade

Same again for me again - I think he will go for:

-----------------Black-------------------

---Duff--Hastings---Tokely--Munro---

Imrie--Wood--Esson--Proctor--Cowie

----------------Duncan------------------

Remember - "A good player can play anywhere" - Craig Brewster

*If Tokely is out injured, stick Imrie up front with Hastings at left wing or Lionel to replace Tokely with Vigurs coming in infront of Black.

Partick seem to be big on the 3-5-2, so with 3 up-front, they have to keep the denfender back at all times. If Lionel uses his pace and joins it to make it a front 4 then they'll have to keep more back (if he was played in this position he'd be a real handful I reckon). Esson in goal, Proc right back. Duff centre-back and Munro left-back. The midfield three of Cowie, Black and Imrie, with big Lionel just infront, for some presense in the midfield and so he can knock it on to the front three. Wood up front as the target man, Rooney to knock it in and Tokers right forward to jazz around there as well (know there's a thought, Roscoe and Lionel unfront, hmm). There you go, makes complete sense.

next manager?

Would be rather surprised if you didnt give this lot a doing, we played them last weekend and were very comfortable. Not sure if Twaddle has served his suspension, but if not you will have much joy up front. There team is average at best, up front they were very poor against a make shift back line from County.

They are average at best, but in saying that they will be motivated playing a so called bigger team.

I expect an easy 2,3 nil victory for you

Would be rather surprised if you didnt give this lot a doing, we played them last weekend and were very comfortable. Not sure if Twaddle has served his suspension, but if not you will have much joy up front. There team is average at best, up front they were very poor against a make shift back line from County.

They are average at best, but in saying that they will be motivated playing a so called bigger team.

I expect an easy 2,3 nil victory for you

Ah wouldn't put a lot of money on that... :rotflmao:

----------------------------Esson----------------------------

---Proctor----------Duff-----------Munro-------McBain----

---Tokely--------Duncan---------Vigurs------Sutherland-

-----------------Wood------------Barrowman---------------

Our current system is comprehensively failing, we really need to ring some changes.

Black, Cowie and Imrie have been off the boil for a while now and all need some bench time. Zander Sutherland will add a hunger and a fresh impetus to our midfield. We couldn't score in a brothel at the moment, he would at least cause opposing defenders some problems and create some chances for our strikers.

Our 'settled back 4' is awful and quickly needs to be unsettled. Hastings is going through a bad spell, Roy McBain is an accomplished left back who would bring more to the side going forward. Easy switch. Proctor and Munro aren't working as a partnership, Duff was excellent in his previous spell earning several MOTM awards and improving every week, only Brewster will know why Proctor has been played ahead of him in recent weeks but whatever he was trying to achieve has failed. Again an easy switch.

Perhaps playing Tokely on the right wing with Proctor in behind him would be a gamble, but I don't see what we have to lose? Quite frankly, our results (L L L L L L) literally couldn't be any worse. Tokely is probably our most dangerous attacking player. If he had a solid right back behind him that would give him liscence to concentrate on getting up the park. He'd also add a steel to our midfield that we've perhaps been lacking. In summary Tokely on the right wing would help us both defensivly and going forward (in theory) perhaps he has had a couple of mediocre performances in midfield in the past but give him a chance to settle there and I'm sure he'd do a job.

Esson

Tokely Proctor Munro Hastings

Mcbain Black Duncan Vigurs

Cowie

Barrowman

You are as bad as Brewster m8. You are saying we should play 1 up front at home to a 1st div club . What the hell level are we now reduced to.

Rossco just needs a rest. when he went of he just looked ill.

Eh? hes just back after a rest.

Team:

Esson

Rossco New signing Munro New signing

Cowie Black New signing New signing

Rooney New signing

----------Esson----------

Tokely Pressley Munro Hastings

Daquin Kerr Vigurs Hamill

Burchill (or Milne) Rooney------

Subs: Dargo, Imrie, Duncan, McBain (to cover ML/FBL), Proctor (DM/FBR not CD), Duff (CD not FBR), somekeeper

next manager?

Me

Esson

Tokely, McGuire, Munro, Hastings

Cowie, Duncan, Black, Vigurs

Barrowman, Rooney

subs. Fraser, Duff, Zander, McBain, Imrie

Why don't you just play a basic 4-4-2 formation Brewster. With a right footer on the right wing and a left footer on the left wing and 2 strikers up front. It's called the basics of football, theres even a magazine named after it, 4-4-2.

Edited by ajsict92