FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Signings

strathyjags

thye asked tb about signings after the game he said definetly 1 coming in,but wouldnt name him(surely kerr now cowies away)if everyone knows its kerr why didnt he just say so,but said he would like another 3-4 but wasnt sure he had time.wonder if we,ll get more than kerr?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kerr would be a major coup but don't think it would be disastrous if we didn't get any more amybe another midfielder might help as we are a bit short but on the whole i think we have a good squad capable of surviving the drop.

Need a center foward to provide "guidance" and support to Rooney and Woods and Barrowman, all to young to run the line on their own, need experience

Kerr I would take, thought he mat try and use his connections at Ibrox to get a loan.

I realise the previous loan from Ibrox didn't work, but then Caley did not give him a chance

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Need a center foward to provide "guidance" and support to Rooney and Woods and Barrowman, all to young to run the line on their own, need experience

we do need a experience striker but if we dont get 1 in on time. i think we will do fine with the strikers we have, listening to butchers interview sounds like imrie will start upfront alot more

I think we will need 1 more player defnitely but with Cowie going i think that will leave us need another wide player so plus Kerr, i would not object to the idea of Jim Paterson or Stevie Smith either would do me. I don't think Big Terry will just settle for one signing tomorrow.

we do need a experience striker but if we dont get 1 in on time. i think we will do fine with the strikers we have, listening to butchers interview sounds like imrie will start upfront alot more

i would doubt we,ll find a experienced att within 24hrs,as we struggled to find one all season,but saying that he found eric out of no-where,so there is hope. if they work on some of imries game he could turn out a very,very good player,doubt many if any other players will want to leave the club under butcher.imagine if butcher came when brewster did the 2nd time and had rankin,cowie and black all in mid!

Foran and Rooney up front for me. Eric also looked good. No other attacker desperately needed now.

Zadi can't be trusted at LB (maybe pushed higher up), so need someone on that flank. Hopefully Paterson or Smith. I've never seen Gattheusi play there, so I'm not sure he can.

With them and Kerr it's looking a decent squad. Certainly better than the Accies, easily equal to the Saints and possibly even better than Falkirk.

Foran and Rooney up front for me. Eric also looked good. No other attacker desperately needed now.

Zadi can't be trusted at LB (maybe pushed higher up), so need someone on that flank. Hopefully Paterson or Smith. I've never seen Gattheusi play there, so I'm not sure he can.

With them and Kerr it's looking a decent squad. Certainly better than the Accies, easily equal to the Saints and possibly even better than Falkirk.

[/quote)

While I like the look of Rooney failing to see why all think he is the answer to all our problems up front, Butcher has seen him and Barrowman in training this week and picked Barrowman, why?

While I do think we can stay up I dont think we can lay claim to be " Certainly better than the Accies, easily equal to the Saints and possibly even better than Falkirk" as points make prizes and until we have more points than these sides, look through the Falkirk side for example, very experienced. If we are going to survive this it will be down to the ICT fighting mentality rather than having a superior squad.

Edited by stevico1

Kerr has been training with the team, so think it would be fair to assume he's definitely one on the radar. Other than that anyone else who might be brought in would be coming on the basis of recommendation and TB's perceptions of how they will fit into the team because he won't have seen them train with the squad. With that in mind then it'll almost certainly have to be someone on the fringes of a bigger team we're looking at as opposed to someone looking to make a step up from a smaller club.

Will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings.

The squad strength is better, not our form, our tactics, our management team etc etc that all go up to make the league position. I mean player v player. Falkirk, on that measure, are better than both Saints and Accies but they just aren't gelling. Put together a 'dream team' of those three teams and chances are Falkirk will have most players in it.

Also, we're only just getting this team together. Morias and Gattheusi have barely played, Foran not yet fit, Kerr not actually signed and no-one's quite sure about Smith or Paterson.

The squad strength is better, not our form, our tactics, our management team etc etc that all go up to make the league position. I mean player v player. Falkirk, on that measure, are better than both Saints and Accies but they just aren't gelling. Put together a 'dream team' of those three teams and chances are Falkirk will have most players in it.

Also, we're only just getting this team together. Morias and Gattheusi have barely played, Foran not yet fit, Kerr not actually signed and no-one's quite sure about Smith or Paterson.

Yes understand where you are coming from but also there are many in our squad that we are not sure about, in this I would include Morias, Gattheusi, Kerr (if signed), Foran and Eric. Hopefully they will all come good but lets be honest at present are unknown quantities.

Edited by stevico1

While I like the look of Rooney failing to see why all think he is the answer to all our problems up front, Butcher has seen him and Barrowman in training this week and picked Barrowman, why?

TB said that a team is only as good as their senior players. Probably thinks that, especially against Celtic and being so low in the table, that experience is what's needed. Hence the dropping of Vigurs. Personally, I'd have Vigurs in for Proctor and Rooney in for Barrowman as, experienced or not, they're just better players.

TB said that a team is only as good as their senior players. Probably thinks that, especially against Celtic and being so low in the table, that experience is what's needed. Hence the dropping of Vigurs. Personally, I'd have Vigurs in for Proctor and Rooney in for Barrowman as, experienced or not, they're just better players.

While I do think that Rooney is possibly a better player than Barrowman I am not convinced he is