FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Celtic Fan Gets One Year Ban

ictchris

wore his Celtic top to court? What an @&%hole!

The thing I hate more than anything else about the OF is the continual assertion that these songs they sing aren't offensive. They can't even admit how disgusting some of the fans are. Even if they came out and said it was only a minority and they don't represent the club that would be a start but it's always that they've got an objection against the Pope's policies on Africa they're shouting at, or, they're supporting their oppressed brethren against an invading force. FootBALLS! Most of them couldn't spell IRA, much less have an informed opinion on Anglo-Irish relationships.

Wore his Cetic top to court?

Whilst I agree with the fact that the guy is an erse of the highest order, can I just ask whether our fans regularly take a change of clothes or a suit to away games ? He's probably been in custody since Sunday afternoon and his "mates" would have buggered off back down the road leaving him no way to buy/get a change of clothes even if he wanted one.

Without getting into the whole sectarian arguement and I hope to see more of the same punishments for both sides but, if you's read the story you'll see, first, he wasn't singing wrong songs. He shouted out F*****g orange B*****d whilst others were singing 'if you hate Terry Butcher'. Second, he was wearing his top in court because they'd banged him up for the weekend and he had nothing else to wear.

I was trying to move the debate on from the specifics of what he said to the whole OF thing. That's why I mentioned the OF and not just Celtic. I'd also just been reading the 'innocents' on the P&B Board that are the first to bring it up when it's Rangers or Hearts but bleat about how boring the topic is when it's their team.

That's helpful Alex.

And yet you're not only reading this thread, you're also commenting upon it. It may be boring to you but I'm replying to a thread not starting it, suggesting condemning sectarianism isn't boring to everyone.

Could you also go on to the Betting thread and tell them that's boring too? Happens every time there's a game coming up and most of the posts are much the same.

That's helpful Alex.

And yet you're not only reading this thread, you're also commenting upon it. It may be boring to you but I'm replying to a thread not starting it, suggesting condemning sectarianism isn't boring to everyone.

Could you also go on to the Betting thread and tell them that's boring too? Happens every time there's a game coming up and most of the posts are much the same.

I'm not saying the subject is boring. I'm saying bringing it up each time the OF come to town is becoming boring. If you want to read through all the past debate then HERE's A GOOD PLACE TO START

Oh! I never go into the betting forum.

Reminds me of the story of the Weegie in court...

Judge asks "what were you doing at the accused's house"

"i was there for a tap yer honour"

"your a plumber?"

"Naw,no that kinda a tap,yer honour ,A TAP "

court runner explains to judge in Glasgow borrowing money is sometmes refered to as getting a tap

"Ah! you were their to borrow money?"

"Naw that kinda tap either yer honour,A TAP "

"to what type of tap are you refering my good man ?"

"It wiz a Sellick tap !!!"

Reminds me of the story of the Weegie in court...

Judge asks "what were you doing at the accused's house"

"i was there for a tap yer honour"

"your a plumber?"

"Naw,no that kinda a tap,yer honour ,A TAP "

court runner explains to judge in Glasgow borrowing money is sometmes refered to as getting a tap

"Ah! you were their to borrow money?"

"Naw that kinda tap either yer honour,A TAP "

"to what type of tap are you refering my good man ?"

"It wiz a Sellick tap !!!"

Going way off topic now... sorry...

This from a Dundee court...

Sheriff Davidson at Dundee Sheriff Court was dealing with a case of a chap resisting arrest.He was fined ?400 and his solicitor told the sheriff that his client could pay the fine at ?2.50 a fortnight. With a baleful gaze the good sheriff told him :

I'm not collecting for a catalogue" and upped the payments to ?10....

This is my favourite line:

Ms MacDonald said Sloan "got caught up in the spirit of the game" and had not meant to insult anyone.

:rotflmao:

She added: "He does not feel what he said was meant to be hateful but accepts it could be interpreted in that way by others."

Really?

And on the subject fo the shirt, I doubt this guy has normal clothes anyway as some seem to live in their shirts. Probably like this pinheaded nutcase.

This is my favourite line:

Ms MacDonald said Sloan "got caught up in the spirit of the game" and had not meant to insult anyone.

:018:

She added: "He does not feel what he said was meant to be hateful but accepts it could be interpreted in that way by others."

Really?

And on the subject fo the shirt, I doubt this guy has normal clothes anyway as some seem to live in their shirts. Probably like this pinheaded nutcase.

:rotflmao: :thumb04:

Interesting discussion of sectarian songs at Celtic FC fansite:

Sectarian Songs - discussion

Not exactly unanimity of opinion there ...

i read a wee bit of it and i agree with what they're saying, songs about the easter rising are no different from the scottish folk/rebel songs i sing at home

songs about easter 1916 and culloden are very similar.

the ghosts of culloden by Isla Grant and the boys of the old brigade are no different imo

as are many other Scottish folk songs and Irish folk songs

thoughts on this folks

Hey, that was excellent! Think they might be ex-members of the Wedding Present.

Deleted my previous post because I found the whole song here it's not the "Ballboy" original it's a cover by New Art Riot.

I think the word "Rangers" could easily be changed with "Celtic"

Edited by birdog