FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Missing Supporters

Guest neksor

A very dissapointing crowd of around 2500.

At the beginning of the season we were getting 1000+ more for most games.

Are the missing "Fair" weather, and "Winning Only" supporters.

The positive results will, hopefully, bring them back.

neksor

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me, and a few others, the weather over the Slochd was too unpredictable. A fair number couldn't get through from the east cos the trains were off between Aberdeen and Inverness. I also know of folk from the Aviemore / Grantown area who didn't risk the drive as well as people from North of Sneck. I believe the snow had a big part to play in the crowd numbers.

dont think the weather played that big a part. plenty killie fans made it up

There was a lot of them in my local before the game . The weather putting people off travelling is a very lame excuse .

Cant speak for everyone else but I couldn't take the risk of not getting back down the road.

There was a lot of them in my local before the game . The weather putting people off travelling is a very lame excuse .

Fancy telling that to Scotrail who cancelled / terminated the majority of trains through from Aberdeen yesterday for me?

Good crowd of Killie supporters right enough. Looked close to a thousand on TV. Personally, I and three others would have attended but for the weather. It took me until the back of one yesterday to clear a path to the main road.

1000 Killie supporters would be about right... almost as many as the home support.

I can accept the reluctance of those from Aberdeen or Perth, Glasgow Edinburgh etc, to make the trip, but surely more from Sneck could have made the effort.... We've got a new manager and we're playing some decent football ffs...

Forget Brewster and the Numpties (good name for a band that!).... Supporter apathy will be the downfall of this football club... :rotflmao:

Not in the slightest. If you'd seen the road conditions through here the last couple of days you'd be in much the same position.

Still, it's hardly surprising that you are doing your utmost to look down on other ICT fans on this forum yet again :rotflmao:

Edited by RiG

I thought there were more than that in the ground. Killie had a decent support. I do accept the weather situation for a lot of people, but I think there would have been a lot more there if had been a league game covered by your season ticket. Having to shell out for a cup game doesn't always appeal. We have also lost a lot of the occasional fans over the last few weeks/months where the games weren't exactly entertaining. I'm sure we'll see a rise in the crowds if our cup run carries on to the semi final. Hopefully we'll start to see bigger crowds for league games too if the performances keep up.

were the buses cancelled as well ?

No idea. But I wasn't going to be sitting on a Number 10 for over 4 hours in each direction not knowing if I was going to get through there or not.

Lame .

bollocks!!! i stay in aviemore and in last 3 days we have had over 2 foot of snow fallen here only main roads have been gritted and cleared(and even they were a nightmare closed aviemore-grantown road on thrusday morning as i was trying to get to work) i have just spent last 2 hrs clearing snow from my drive to get car out for work tommorrw and even then its very icy so is skidding all over the place,so dont talk about lame excuses

I honestly believe that if the game and the price to get in had been publicised a bit better there would have been a bigger crowd. ?10 for me and ?15 for adults is lower than usual, and normally more than 1000 or so turn up and pay to get into a league match. Crowds will always be a problem, but i thought more would turn up for a cup game against an spl side. Still, the players didn't seem to mind and it didn't take anything away from the game.

Whats bollocks ? Plenty of public transport ran so using the weather as an excuse not to get to the game is lame IMO . As has already been stated it didn't hamper the Killie fans .

yes didnt hamper killie fans as all they had to contend with was slochd+drumochter ,they didnt have to dig out 2 foot of snow to get anywhere,as for public transport,it doesnt run around me being home for my son after the game

were the buses cancelled as well ?

No idea. But I wasn't going to be sitting on a Number 10 for over 4 hours in each direction not knowing if I was going to get through there or not.

Lame .

How far did you have to travel then numpty?

I don't think it's the travelling ICT Fans you need to be having a go at, it's the ones sitting on their erses in Inverness! We know folks that had their train tickets booked and Cup Tickets bought yesterday, only to be told the trains had been cancelled! They were gutted!

Fair play to Killie for bringing a good crowd - they obviously thought they could beat us! :rotflmao:

Bet the Killie Lads who came to the game in their pants are feeling the cold today! :thumb04:

Mrs PB

Edited by Mrs Pauliebee

Whats bollocks ? Plenty of public transport ran so using the weather as an excuse not to get to the game is lame IMO . As has already been stated it didn't hamper the Killie fans .

Every fan has to make a decision based on risk and their own personal circumstances. Killie fans would probably enjoy being snowed in in gods own country. Some of the people being criticised by DalneighCaley are diehard but sensible ICT fans.

I think you have a bit of growing up to do DalneighCaley.

I haven't criticised anyone for not travelling , if you read what I've posted I've stated their reasons for not attending are lame . What makes you think I've a bit of growing up to do oh wise one ?

If you can't see a connection between not travelling, and the reason for not travelling.....