FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rangers In The Dock-again

BornCaley

So this club's supporters have again shamed themselves, their club and Scottish footbal. Its time to stop wasting tax payers money by dragging them through a court case just to hand out a fine they can well afford..

Whats needed is the SPL/SFA to grow a pair of b*lls and ban this club from the Scottish Cup or the CIS Insurance Cup for a season. Lets see them sing their Sectarian filth after that

Celtic are not innocent in all this either, but its R*angers fans who seem to constantly stick up two fingers to the rest of Scottish Clubs with their "we will do what we want " attitude

Never mind banning their supporters, BAN THIS CLUB FROM PLAYING!

While I agree with your sentiments and I would love to see both of the old scum fined, banned, loose points etc, as they are by far the worse clubs when it comes to racist and sectarian abuse. But it is not only them that are guilty of this. There are more of these fans and they are on TV every week so they are heard worldwide every week. But amost every club in the SPL (including ICT) and some in SFL have their own low life scum that sing/chant/post on forums/show banners of abuse. The same that you hear coming from the old scum.

The SFA,SPL and SFL know it goes on. The Clubs, fans, stewards and Police know it goes on. And dispite thousands of people every week singing, shouting, posting the racist/sectarian abuse to each other, it is so rare that anyone gets arrested, its in the news.

Nothing will be done about the latest nonsense. Just like nothing has been done about any other club doing it in the past. If the authorities won't punish any of the small clubs who's fans are guilty of the abuse. There is no way on earth that the old scum will ever receive any meaningful punishment.

Get over it guys, worse happens at sea.

Its reassuring to see the mods take one of the more disturbing traits of Scottish football so seriously

I take it, next time someone like BNP comes on here spouting their filth, it will be ok

You have got it in one dude, I could not give a scooby what they sing, it won't affect me. Lets all sit in silence at football matches. PC has taken over the world. It's only words.

While I agree with your sentiments and I would love to see both of the old scum fined, banned, loose points etc, as they are by far the worse clubs when it comes to racist and sectarian abuse. But it is not only them that are guilty of this. There are more of these fans and they are on TV every week so they are heard worldwide every week. But amost every club in the SPL (including ICT) and some in SFL have their own low life scum that sing/chant/post on forums/show banners of abuse. The same that you hear coming from the old scum.

The SFA,SPL and SFL know it goes on. The Clubs, fans, stewards and Police know it goes on. And dispite thousands of people every week singing, shouting, posting the racist/sectarian abuse to each other, it is so rare that anyone gets arrested, its in the news.

Nothing will be done about the latest nonsense. Just like nothing has been done about any other club doing it in the past. If the authorities won't punish any of the small clubs who's fans are guilty of the abuse. There is no way on earth that the old scum will ever receive any meaningful punishment.

some of what you are saying makes sense but some of it is just rubbish, it's easy to just spout rubbish but you need to back it up with evidence, so Rangers fans were singing about a famine that claimed over a million lives and that is just not on, by the way they play the band aid song at Christmas that's how stupid they are, and then sing songs mocking people starving, men and womer, young and old alike.

Celtic fans sing songs which other people dont like, they sing political songs about Ireland, do you think they should be docked points for it?

the songs are no different to some songs you get played at a Scotland international match at hampden park, only it's Scottish political songs instead of the Irish version.

the flower of Scotland is political and indeed a war song

loch lomond (take the high road) is political

i sing scottish battle songs all the time does that make me a bigot or something

if i belt out "wha wadna fecht for charlie" at the rangers caley game when the rangers fans sing rule britania do you think we should be docked points or thrown out of the Scottish cup?

The singing of The Famine song doesn't put me up nor down.

Not does the content of most of the songs sung by either side of the OF.

What gets me is the fact that these songs have been judged by our games governing body to be sectarian.

Rangers have been warned more than once and again nothing will happen.

What's the point?

The singing of The Famine song doesn't put me up nor down.

Not does the content of most of the songs sung by either side of the OF.

What gets me is the fact that these songs have been judged by our games governing body to be sectarian.

Rangers have been warned more than once and again nothing will happen.

What's the point?

aye i agree with you KingB the famine song as sick as it is doesn't affect me it's the fact that these people have been warned again and again, the first game of last season when we were at home to Eangers they were singing setarian songs all through the game with their FTP brigade in full swing they were given a final warning acording to the SPL but it never stopped them then and neither will it do so now.

Get over it guys, worse happens at sea.

Its reassuring to see the mods take one of the more disturbing traits of Scottish football so seriously

I take it, next time someone like BNP comes on here spouting their filth, it will be ok

Some people really need to get over this idea that just because someone is a moderator then they should prescribe to a specific line of thinking.

Moderators are a trusted/respected group of individuals empowered with a set of tools that allows them to maintain order on the forums and assist other users with any problems or issues that might arise.....nowhere does it say, nor are they expected, to set aside their own personal thoughts and views when posting and contributing to discussion.

some of what you are saying makes sense but some of it is just rubbish, it's easy to just spout rubbish but you need to back it up with evidence, so Rangers fans were singing about a famine that claimed over a million lives and that is just not on, by the way they play the band aid song at Christmas that's how stupid they are, and then sing songs mocking people starving, men and womer, young and old alike.

Celtic fans sing songs which other people dont like, they sing political songs about Ireland, do you think they should be docked points for it?

the songs are no different to some songs you get played at a Scotland international match at hampden park, only it's Scottish political songs instead of the Irish version.

i sing scottish battle songs all the time does that make me a bigot or something

if i belt out "wha wadna fecht for charlie" at the rangers caley game when the rangers fans sing rule britania do you think we should be docked points or thrown out of the Scottish cup?

It wouldn't bother me if it was Celtic,Rangers, hibs,hearts Dundee Utd. Any fans who use the songs that have been described as sectarian or racist should render the club liable for punishment.

The songs that are causing concern are diffrent to the folk songs you mention. The songs causing concern have been deliberatley written to abuse people from southern Ireland(are those from the north allowed to stay?), Jock Stein's Family and catholics in general. There was also the song that they sang when Tommy Burns died. Celtic are just as bad, The fans wearing "ha ha 66" for example.

Singing Rule Britannia and replying with "wha widnae fecht fur Charlie" I see as good old fashion banter. Famine song and ha ha 66 is just downright sick and has no place in society never mind a football ground

It wouldn't bother me if it was Celtic,Rangers, hibs,hearts Dundee Utd. Any fans who use the songs that have been described as sectarian or racist should render the club liable for punishment.

The songs that are causing concern are diffrent to the folk songs you mention. The songs causing concern have been deliberatley written to abuse people from southern Ireland(are those from the north allowed to stay?), Jock Stein's Family and catholics in general. There was also the song that they sang when Tommy Burns died. Celtic are just as bad, The fans wearing "ha ha 66" for example.

Singing Rule Britannia and replying with "wha widnae fecht fur Charlie" I see as good old fashion banter. Famine song and ha ha 66 is just downright sick and has no place in society never mind a football ground

i have loads of mates who support Rangers and never once have i heard any of them sing or even mention anything about Tommy Burns since his death if you have please let us know.

you also mentioned "ha ha 66" i'm assuming this is in refernce to the Ibrox disater i may be wrong though but,

I also have a lot of mates who support Celtic and never once have i heard them sing ha ha 66 or saw them wear anything with it written on it again if you have evidence to prove your point please let us know.

i have loads of mates who support Rangers and never once have i heard any of them sing or even mention anything about Tommy Burns since his death if you have please let us know.

you also mentioned "ha ha 66" i'm assuming this is in refernce to the Ibrox disater i may be wrong though but,

I also have a lot of mates who support Celtic and never once have i heard them sing ha ha 66 or saw them wear anything with it written on it again if you have evidence to prove your point please let us know.

The song to Tommy Burns I heard twice, Once in Stirling and once in Callander in the days following his death in May. There was a video on youtube a while back but it seems to have been taken off, so obviously cannot prove in a court.

The Cetlic fan in "ha ha 66" shirt can be seen on P&B old firm threads and on the celtic fans site KDS. Sorry still not very good putting linky things on

In my opinion the whole issue of sectarianism has been blown out of proportion like everything else in this country by the PC brigade. The old filth have been singing these songs for what in football terms is a very long time. Don't get me wrong I don't agree with any of it. Coming from Inverness, going to mixed religion schools and being brought up in a non old filth supporting house I did'nt really understand any of ot as a youngster. Still these songs are only words as said earlier in this thread. These songs are sung by guy's & Gal's much like you and me (99.9% of them are normal people who just like having a bit o banter). The small minority who do take it to extreme's , so what as long as it remains as words they are not physically hurting anyone.

I think the underlying danger in trying to remove sectarianism from our game is that the minority who do follow it to the extereme will look for other more violent ways of venting there frustrations rather than singing a few songs on a saturday with there mate's.

I don't ever remember people having a problem with it before some PC **** from europe said it was wrong and we should no better. Then it become media focused news who jump on any instance of it and flog it to death. It is just words, noise at the game that adds a bit of atmosphere, as long as nobody get's hurt personally I don't care what gets sung as long as no individuals get singled out for abuse.

Football used to be the game of the masses, go along give the ref dog's abuse, question the linesman's sexual preference when he make's a duff decision. Sing your own songs, don't get to hung up on what the oppositiona re singing or the Policeperson will have to firmly but politely ask you to leave the stadium, be carefull when your ejected not to slip on the Ethnic minority ice if it's frosty.... :rotflmao: Sorry got a bit PC there.