FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread: Kilmarnock -v- Ict

Scotty

Falkirk or us basically.. they have the better record against us, we have a 5hit home record

Pressley out after his red card so that should rock them but I am not confident about it.... ffs, horrible

if only we had held on against Motherwell :lol:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Falkirk or us basically.. they have the better record against us, we have a 5hit home record

Pressley out after his red card so that should rock them but I am not confident about it.... ffs, horrible

Falkirk have only won 2 games away from home this season.

Falkirk have only won 2 games away from home this season.

radio saying falkrik terrible this week,lets hope there the same next week

Losing that single point actually makes minimal difference to Caley Thistle. A draw at home to Falkirk remains enough to keep them in the SPL. The only option for survival that is removed by Kevin Kyle's goal is for Caley Thistle next week to lose to Falkirk and for Hamilton to lose to St. Mirren as long as the relative margins of defeat didn't overturn ICT's goal difference advantage over Hamilton. That would have relegated Hamilton if ICT had got a point today.

Just home. Gutted. Killie lucky to take all three points, a draw would have been fair.

No optimism left now.

What were our fans like the day??? Where yas in the away stand??? or the corner of the sh*t stand???

Just home. Gutted. Killie lucky to take all three points, a draw would have been fair.

No optimism left now.

What were our fans like the day??? Where yas in the away stand??? or the corner of the sh*t stand???

Lower tier behind the goals.

247 Inverness fans, not as much noise as last two games but still not bad, usual stewards v boys clash, one ejected from ground, then stewards made (?) let (?) the rest go in the upper tier. No idea what was going on there.

We were the better side until the latter stages of the second half, we could and maybe should have been at least one goal ahead by half-time. We looked like we were going to continue in the same vein in the 2nd but then killie scored a quick breakaway with lionel posted missing at the back post, and from then on it was all them. No potency in the 2nd half, and lacked imagination.

Disappointing, but it does set up the biggest match ever next saturday.

No optimism left now.

Lower tier behind the goals.

247 Inverness fans, not as much noise as last two games but still not bad, usual stewards v boys clash, one ejected from ground, then stewards made (?) let (?) the rest go in the upper tier. No idea what was going on there.

Alot of fans singing??? (aka any section G boys there???)

First half - we should have nailed it. Second half - we were dominated - we did not deserve the point overall. I will have to support Lionel here :mellow: but - lets see the highlights - but - Proctor should have cut out the cross - but there appeared to be Kyle and another at the back post. I thought that Lionel was sucked in but where were Rosscoe and Granty ? Will have to wait fer the replay.

We have to come straight out the blocks with HMS Sneck fully loaded next week!

Falkirk always score against us - we can't let that happen!

Got a horrible feeling, but trying to stay optimistic!

We can do it - BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs PB

not impressed in the slightest with that today.

i think im still on a downder from being on such a high at the motherwell game....after that was on a downer from the start! then we werent up to much.

cant say we were bad today. never did we look like scoring which worries me, but kilmarnock closed us down no matter what. as soon as we had the ball two players or more closed us down. then Kyle steps up to score in the 2nd half, even though Tokely had him in his back pocket the whole 1st. Really frustrated after that today.

What worse for me is its the first game this year ive seen them beaten - this game was my 6th this year!!

It's about time we started announcing the number of away fans too. I'm sure that'd shut a few of the opposition supporters up, when they realise how few they bring up here.

Anyway, back to the match....we should've had it sewn up by half time.

Oh well, next week is either going to our best day yet, or our worst.

Gutted about the result Kilmarnock did not deserve anything. I thought there was more than the 274 away fans they announced.

I thought Zadi was better than usual. Honestly Fraser was shocking he came and stopped for many crosses and generally made the defence nervous I want esson between the sticks for the falkirk game.

Nobody could criticise any of our boys for the shift they put in yesterday. Mikey was our only weak link - the same old problems were clear to see. TB needs to bury the hatchet with Esson - NOW !

A few posters mentioned the wee spat in the first half which brought about a spate of yellow cards. As I saw it, Proctor fouled one of the Killie players. Free kick no problem. The ref would have left it at that but the Killie player reacted and jumped up and appeared to push/strike Proctor, this resulted in more players getting involved in an almighty melee, none running more distance to get involved than Irishman Foran.

I think it was the player that was fouled that reacted, if not him, then a second Killie player was close by. All in, the ref would have awarded the free kick and nothing more said, but for the over reactions from the Killie player, who I thought might well have been the one to get sent off for pushing Proctor. All he succeeded in doing was getting four or five players booked.

Killie were woeful in the first half, booting the ball into the stands on numerous occasions. Roy McBain fizzed a low ball across the face of the six yard box but there were no takers, alas that was the last we saw of Roy. Foran who was working well up front turned his man on the edge of the box but his shot was angled across the keeper and missed the target. Kerr had a shot from 18 yards deflected wide as we controlled the pace of the game and Morais looked lively in the first half, but was to fade badly in the second half as Killie upped the pace. Killie sprung to life just before the break but we mopped up the efforts in the six yard box as they forced a couple of corners which were delivered menacingly, Fraser miscueing one badly and punching the ball skywards.

Big Lionel looked like our most dangerous attacker after the break drifting past the Killie midfield with ease and firing a couple of long range efforts goalwards. As the game wore on, our midfield slackened their grip of the main arena and Killie began to ease their way into the match. Neither keeper really had anything to do, such was the impotency of both attacks. We lost the goal due to slackness at the other end of the pitch. From a good attacking position, McBain seemed to be upended, but as play raged on we could not keep posession and Kerr for one was ball watching as the Killie midfielders released the ball the to Gary Hay who did well before crossing a deepish ball over Fraser who had gone to cover the front post. The result was a tap in for one of two unmarked Killie players with Kyle getting the goal. All our players were stranded up the park. Killie almost made it two at the end but the ball rebounded off the post and Fraser recovered to block the ball.

Disappointing result and best from my viewpoint were Lionel, Rossco, Black with Foran running himself to a standstill. Morais and Kerr in the first half, but nothing from them in the second half. Imrie again inconsistent, wrong ball a couple of times might have played someone in, but he was not alone in that.

Definitely the better team in the first half and I only wish that we had taken our chances. Tokely had Kyle in his back pocket in the first half. Lionel was probably MOTM - had a few great crosses in the second half! Kilmarnock were probably the better team in the second.

I'm very nervous about next weekend. We have never been in this position where we are trying to avoid relegation in the final game. The only positive thing is that we only have to draw. But that could also be a bad thing if we sit in and play for the draw.

Bring on the Bairns. I might be hiding behind my scarf though.....

Highlights online now. Looks like defenders were caught upfield and when Killie broke we never recovered quick enough. Lionel just gets back as the ball is centred but it just clears him and Kyle nods in.

Looks like Fraser also saved the one at the end by tipping onto post.