FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Blackie's Last Game

davieB

Well, it's wee Ian's last game for the club next week, and what a last game it'll be for him! No-one can question his committment to the cause since him signing his contract with Hearts as he's been outstanding. If only a few of our other players had his attitude. The guy runs himself into the ground week after week, puts his body in where it hurts, and will be a huge loss next season regardless of which league we're in.

I remember when he first signed, watching him warm up with the subs down at Pittodrie, and it was easy to tell then he had some quality about him.

Best In Black footballing memory.....THAT penalty at Ibrox. Couldn't believe it when Blackie stepped up to take it, but feck me, how cool was he??

Best Ian Black memory....his scrap with Gary Mason at Dunfermline the other year. The two of them rolling round on the pitch smacking ***** out of each other was pure comedy. And he didn't even get sent off :lol:

I wish him all the best in his future career, and pray we'll see him again next season, even if it is in a Hearts shirt :D

Well, it's wee Ian's last game for the club next week, and what a last game it'll be for him! No-one can question his committment to the cause since him signing his contract with Hearts as he's been outstanding. If only a few of our other players had his attitude. The guy runs himself into the ground week after week, puts his body in where it hurts, and will be a huge loss next season regardless of which league we're in.

I remember when he first signed, watching him warm up with the subs down at Pittodrie, and it was easy to tell then he had some quality about him.

Best In Black footballing memory.....THAT penalty at Ibrox. Couldn't believe it when Blackie stepped up to take it, but feck me, how cool was he??

Best Ian Black memory....his scrap with Gary Mason at Dunfermline the other year. The two of them rolling round on the pitch smacking ***** out of each other was pure comedy. And he didn't even get sent off :lol:

I wish him all the best in his future career, and pray we'll see him again next season, even if it is in a Hearts shirt :D

I completely agree with you mate. Black has put his all in to the games since he signed the contract with Hearts. At first i felt he was going to just be lazy and not give a **** what happens to us but he proved me wrong! I wish him all the best with his future career!

Been an excellent servant of the club and puts his all into every game and not scared of putting his body in where it hurts. If only everyone else did this I think we would be better placed.

Very skillful too and an exquisite passer of the ball, great vision.

Watch his warm up routine before the game when he passes long balls to Imrie, he hits the target almost on every occasion - brilliant!

All the best and I can only hope that when we stay up, he will have a change of heart and stay (has anyone ever done that and can they?)

Otherwise, Ian all the best for the future and I wish you well.

Terry, hope you have been scouting for a replacement.

Best Ian Black memory....his scrap with Gary Mason at Dunfermline the other year. The two of them rolling round on the pitch smacking ***** out of each other was pure comedy. And he didn't even get sent off :puke03:

I wish him all the best in his future career, and pray we'll see him again next season, even if it is in a Hearts shirt :)

I remember that day too mate, watching him even then you knew he was going to be a good find - I mind thinking what an awesome first touch he's got.

Loved his attitude on the park, maybe sometimes a bit too petulant for his own good with many unnecessary bookings, but we needed somebody with his mentality and skill. Great awareness, skill, passing and vision. His overall technical ability was impeccable even if at times his temper wasn't.

Hearts have got themselves an absolute bargain here, I hope for their sake and for Ian's that they don't waste him - we know what they're like when it comes to team selection...

Good luck Ian, I'm sure you'll do a grand job, and with you playing at a non-highland club, it will mean you can qualify for the national team :) I believe you can achieve that.

Thanks for everything!

As long at its after he scores the penalty to keep us up!!!

If there is a pen in the game i wonder if he'll be aloud to take it since its his last game for the club???

I would think that'd be even greater reason for him to want to - to end his Caley career with a bang!

He'll prob be sing off with a red card :33:

;)

Then he'd be suspended for his first game with Hearts...

;) :drinking01:

And we'll have Hearts for first game next season.

All the best Ian

and an injury that rules him out the whole of next season

i dont think he will get a first team start for hearts in a while, might take him a while to get off that bench and start playing.

Black is a real caley hero, probably the best midfielder ever to play for the club. Even though he has signed for hearts he has consistently been our best player week in and week out. Hope he uses the falkirk game being his last ever for the club as motivation, a legend in my eyes.

Black is a real caley hero, probably the best midfielder ever to play for the club. Even though he has signed for hearts he has consistently been our best player week in and week out. Hope he uses the falkirk game being his last ever for the club as motivation, a legend in my eyes.

Spot on mate. Shame on anyone who thought otherwise. For a player to sign a pre-contract, and still be as enthusiastic and perform week in week out is brilliant!!

Caley Legend!