FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Psychologist Needed

Yngwie

I wonder if our resident psychologist can shed some light on the post-traumatic feelings we are all going through and the different ways we deal with them.

I'm guessing that there are a number of standard ways that people cope with massive disappointment, and whichever one you adopt reflects your personality in some way.

Denial, anger, and apportionment of blame are possible responses that spring to mind.

I was thinking about the fans initially, but I guess there are similar (or worse) issues for the players.

You are almost there Yngwie but I would liken our present emotional imbalances to a Grief reaction, similiar to a loss or even a death. We all have different ways of coping and the emotions can go through changes and stages. Personally I feel I attempted to ease the trauma by telling myself that we would be better off in the SFL but the emotion has turned to anger and there is only one thing that may assist me in redressing the balance - and that neatly ties in with Johnboys poser.

I feel that somebody high up in the club - preferably the Chairman - makes a prompt statement to try and allay some of our fears - a statement that suggests that all the efforts will be made to retain the management structure and the players and an honest appraisal about our financial position and the potential effect of relegation.

I doubt whether our feckless, gutless, self serving muppets will do that but you never know. If they keep silent it will stir up more and more aminosity They have a chance to try and redeem themselves.

Our Board should have a good look at themselves and some should actively consider resigning and allowing for a fresh start. They should admit that holding on to Brewster was the main reason for our demise. They have to take the blame and stand up and admit it - but they will hide.

In respect of Butcher and Misspass - I have been critical - but they inherited the team - but have we got the money to kep them and have we got the money to give them enuff spending power ? That should mean looking at the books and looking at what or who we can sacrifice to ensure this.

If I was in charge I would be looking at potential investors and/or going fer broke that we stay as we are and take the risk of overspending in a bid to go straight up again.

And finally - I hope that the many who came along to the Bairns match and fired up the North Stand stay loyal next year and the SESH Army follow on as well.

I've been on here all weekend. I seem to need to read/reply to people who feel the same way as I do. It is like a bereavement. Our club is certainly at a crossroads as relegation is a pretty major setback and one not experienced before. I like IHE worry about how the board are going to react. I have to say that I feel worse now than I did on saturday reality is starting to kick in. I think some sort of statement about the future is required and soon to restore a bit of fan confidence but I'm not holding my breath.

Ach - it will all calm down soon - I just wish that we could have a statement of intent as a matter of priority. Rumours like the latest Vigurs one is what we can do without. Do these peeple in charge actually have brains and actually give a scooby ?

I can live with - nay look forward to the SFL - but not weeks of silence, rumour and speculation - Get if feckin sorted NOW.

I do agree, a little something from even Terry, at least the management or board to tell us their intentions or something. The dust has now settled, today was when they were going to talk contraacts with the players, at least a wee statement this week would be good for the fans who have been as determined to stay up as the players.

I do agree, a little something from even Terry, at least the management or board to tell us their intentions or something. The dust has now settled, today was when they were going to talk contraacts with the players, at least a wee statement this week would be good for the fans who have been as determined to stay up as the players.

Look at the official site and all your questions are answered regarding contracts!

Look at the official site and all your questions are answered regarding contracts!

No they are NOT - No great surprises there apart from Vigurs. And I meant more than the playing staff.

It's growing pains, folks, time healeth all.

Once the club gets back up this experience will stand them in good stead for future jousts and , hopefully, make them more determined than ever before never to repeat this awful situation and feeling again if humanly possible.

Darn it I can't find my hankie , my glasses must be downstairs. I'll just use my sleeve for now. :tonguecheek:

It was a very strange day on Saturday, I think we all went through just about every emotion possible before we'd even got to the game. Wishing it was another week away....then 10 minutes later being thankful it was a 12.30 KO so we didn't have to wait until 3pm!

My heart was thumping out my chest! So very very emotional! In tears one minute, then screaming yourself hoarse for a goal the next!

I'm really really thankful though at the way we all picked each other up afterwards. Everyone seemed to just say Feck it - those Bar Stewards won't beat us! We're down, but by Christ we're not out! Everyone burst into song, and The Innes was full of banter and County songs again - fantastic! Just like the good old days!

That's what I'm going to really take from this season. Supporting your team, for most of us, is a release. A way of taking all the crap from your daily life, and for 90 mins just giving it some, having the time of your life, and cheering for the team you love.

Football is not about being in the SPL....the Old Firm.....or the Glory of being a giant killing "diddy team".

It's about 3pm...Saturday afternoon...being with your mates...getting the craic...singing Caley Songs....and supporting the boys - through thick and thin!

Mrs PB

PROUD TO BE A CALEY JAGGIE!

Ach - it will all calm down soon - I just wish that we could have a statement of intent as a matter of priority. Rumours like the latest Vigurs one is what we can do without. Do these peeple in charge actually have brains and actually give a scooby ?

I can live with - nay look forward to the SFL - but not weeks of silence, rumour and speculation - Get if feckin sorted NOW.

The statement you were waiting on was made, by the Chairman, on Saturday night at the ball and was reported in the press today. Both Chairman and Manager, with support from Flybe, have said they will do everything they can to get us back up again.