FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Filipe Morais

BornCaley

news item from todays Metro

' Inveness winger Filipe Morais last night conceded that he has played his last game for the relegated club. Caley Boss Terry Butcher wants to retain the 23 year old Portuguese but Moraios said "Terry wants to keep me and has offered me a deal, there are lots of talks ongoing with my agent but Terry knows i have other clubs interested and am probably not going to stay at Inverness" '

I think Morais could be crucial in up going back up so this is a real shame

news item from todays Metro

' Inveness winger Filipe Morais last night conceded that he has played his last game for the relegated club. Caley Boss Terry Butcher wants to retain the 23 year old Portuguese but Moraios said "Terry wants to keep me and has offered me a deal, there are lots of talks ongoing with my agent but Terry knows i have other clubs interested and am probably not going to stay at Inverness" '

I think Morais could be crucial in up going back up so this is a real shame

The story is in todays Sun also.

You know, I can understand this. If he can get an SPL club, or even a League One club interested then he should go there. It's a shame, but we are not in a great position at the moment.

How many crazy fans do we have..................

Who really thought that guys like Morais gave a skit about us after relegation.......or even if we stayed up, just another mercenary I am afraid. Time we got back to our roots and built a team of Highlanders.

Owell. life goes on.

Whats the latest with foran, kerr etc? is there any developments?

I saw something in todays P&J about Foran , it seems he's had offers from 2 SPL clubs but he's not saying who .

Oh well its no great surprise i just hope Terry's got enough influence to persuade some decent signings :D

Cant see Foran staying either, it was bound to happen that 'bigger' teams in the SPL will be skimming of the cream of the relegted club, it would have happened to Falkirk if our players had done a better job.

Its now time for Butch to build a team of his making, then we will see whats what.

Another thing that came to my mind is that our team has a core of players who have been here for years! its quite obvious that a clearout was going to be needed, whether we stayed up or not.

Guest charlesmurdoch

Cant see Foran staying either, it was bound to happen that 'bigger' teams in the SPL will be skimming of the cream of the relegted club, it would have happened to Falkirk if our players had done a better job.

Its now time for Butch to build a team of his making, then we will see whats what.

Another thing that came to my mind is that our team has a core of players who have been here for years! its quite obvious that a clearout was going to be needed, whether we stayed up or not.

one thing i have noted is that players in Spain and italy are more loyal to there teams when the get relegated. remeber when juve got relegated to serie b the opnly big player to leave IIRC was Cannavaro!?? Crazy

I would be very surprised indeed to see either Foran or Morais with the club next season. Other clubs will be able to offer more money and the prospect of playing at a higher level.

From their professional point of view why would they want to play theit trade in the first division with ICT ?

Guest charlesmurdoch

I would be very surprised indeed to see either Foran or Morais with the club next season. Other clubs will be able to offer more money and the prospect of playing at a higher level.

From their professional point of view why would they want to play theit trade in the first division with ICT ?

IIRC before he sighned for hibs he was playing for St Johnstone in the 1st divsion.

How many crazy fans do we have..................

Who really thought that guys like Morais gave a skit about us after relegation.......or even if we stayed up, just another mercenary I am afraid. Time we got back to our roots and built a team of Highlanders.

Seems most of the posters on here are pre teen children ( check the fun game thread :lol: ) , try and ignore them .

Got to agree with you there with a low buget and not much too offer in terms of quality football I think we will see a few Odhiambo type players arriving at the club - Youn players who are just wanting to regularly play games and they will here Terry Butcher will be their mananger and will jump at the chance to play for him.

I can only hope that Foran's working relationship with Butcher might get him too stay but i won't hold my breath.

Ta ta Filipe.

I can only hope that Foran's working relationship with Butcher might get him too stay but i won't hold my breath.

Ta ta Filipe.

Don't think Foran is staying either unfortunately if the P&J is anything to go by.

But back on topic it's a bit rubbish that Morais is leaving. He is a good technical player though I can see him going back to England.

I wanted Morais to stay more than others, but cant see it. This is when players become 'selfish', theres no guarantee we will be back in the SPL for a bit, so the players want to go while they are hot.

Im just interested to see who Terry brings in to the squad. More hidden gems id imagine.

We will not, of course be an SPl club next season, but starting as promotion favourites must gaurantee us some cherry-picking privileges amongst other clubs, including our Div 1 rivals. I would expect TnJ to use English connections to bring in some exciting new talents to the Scottish game. Looking forward to it.

Today's P&J seems to confirm what most of us already suspected that Kerr, Foran, Morais & Odhiambo are offski.

P&J LINK

Basically says Bennet has admitted defeat in trying to keep Morais and Foran and he believes that Kerr & Odhiambho are off as well.

Unsurprisingly there hasn't been any interest in Proctor, McBain & Djebi-Zadi (I wonder why?) and he expects them to sign on the dotted line. Whoopee :lol:

Edited by kencar