FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fixtures

MissICT

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Train trips to Ayr, Dumfries, Dundee, Greenock and Kirckaldy along with derby games. Looking forward to football again!

Yep, agree, the sap is rising already...and Wombledin ain't even started.

Let's face it we are back at the level we are cutting our cloth for. 5 relatively solvent years in the big league was an outstanding achievement.

This is going to be an interesting season and, I'd hazard, maybe fun as well.

...or indeed dander into the toon for a pre match bevvy, food and great company (ahem) at the Commercial. It's opposite the post office, and 2 mins walk from the bus station --- approx 15 mins uphill walk from dunfermline town station, and aye i'm a regular there, as well as some ither non hoolie pars fans (ahem)...

they sell real ale, are a major participant in CAMRA, the food they serve is excellent and it's a 10 min walk from East End Park.

Look forward to seein ye all.... ma wee heeland pals. :huh:

Buffy x

That'll do for me....a rarity in Scottish football, a real ale bar and decent grub...you've convinced me babe...xx

Season opener is on a day off for me so I may have to make it along if I can figure out how I'll get to Dunfermline from Edinburgh. :lol:

bus.

Theres a bus that leaves edinburgh (somewhere) saying Glasgow on it and that stop;s in Dunfermline Bus station. Its quite regular tho.

The train would take you to the bottom of the town but it is quite easily found (EEP)

Anyone going via Citylink?

Click!

an earlier post about how young people can get free travel

I think if we had made the fixture list ourselves we wouldn't be too far away from what they've given us - no December trips to QoS and two home games over Xmas and New Year isn't to be sniffed at. With what feels like no footie over the summer, this has definitely given me hope for the forthcoming season - aside from which I'm well looking forward to the week beginning 18th August - U2 at Hampden, a trip to Scumdee and the beginning of a fortnight in Costa Dorada all within 6 days - bring it on!!!! :lol:

Unbelievable. I'm going to miss the first game unless I can figure out some way of getting to Aberdeen for 7 pm on the 8th. Have a family engagement that I can't miss, and it doesn't look like any buses or trains will get me there on time. Was going to try for a 100% record for away games this season. Wonder if I could take up driving lessons again and pass by then?...

Rest of the fixtures look great though: Dens on the 22nd, Starks on October 8th, just in time for a floodlit second half.

Gaun yersel mrs pb! mind yer streamers ... ye have to have streamers for mini buses ye know lol

and

gaun yersel Gringo! You'll be welcome with open arms and possibly the bar tab me darlin

Noo, how about someone convincing bigbad CaleyD ;D and that sexy young thing....Yngwie hmmm?

Johnboy, you tae!

Buffy x

Also good to see a Ne'er Highland derby at last the SFL have better fixture organisation than the SPL

If the SFL fixtures were that good why did the put us playing on the same days as Scotland when George Burley asked for us not to play on the same day as the national team

Where are you all getting this from think your a bit confused. first division games are never on when the Scotland play, I think there are no senior games on at all anymore when Scotland play.

We play Norway away on wed Aug 12th- no fixtures

Than we have Macedonia at home on Sep 5th- there are no fixtures on that sat either, same as the Holland game the following wed

We have already talked about this in the Butcher is Off thread ... the only clashes with international dates are for one of the playoff games (assuming we qualify for them), and for a friendly in Japan. We are at home to Livi on one of the the playoff dates and at home to QOS on the friendly date. The rest of the qualifiers, there are no games in Div1.

I think we'll find that if scotland reach the playoffs and especially if the sat game is at home then all lower league games will be re-arranged. There is no way any clubs would even want to play on the same day as a Scotland world cup playoff.

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

I think we'll find that if scotland reach the playoffs and especially if the sat game is at home then all lower league games will be re-arranged. There is no way any clubs would even want to play on the same day as a Scotland world cup playoff.

I would agree

Unbelievable. I'm going to miss the first game unless I can figure out some way of getting to Aberdeen for 7 pm on the 8th. Have a family engagement that I can't miss, and it doesn't look like any buses or trains will get me there on time. Was going to try for a 100% record for away games this season. Wonder if I could take up driving lessons again and pass by then?...

Rest of the fixtures look great though: Dens on the 22nd, Starks on October 8th, just in time for a floodlit second half.

You could leave at half time, which would keep your 100% record, and we'll be up 0-3 by then anyway.

You could leave at half time, which would keep your 100% record, and we'll be up 0-3 by then anyway.

You better watch what your saying. It could back fire

I would agree

The SFL have stated that the games currently scheduled for 14 November (world cup play off date) "may be moved to Sunday 15th November if Scotland are involved in a World Cup Play-Off match".

No mention of the move being dependant on Scotland having the home leg on the Saturday, so assume it'll be a simple case that if Scotland make the play offs, the SFL ties will move to the Sunday.

Nice to see a good, common sense approach being taken

Wedding or a funeral?

Hell, I'm looking forward to next season and am feeling optimistic.

I know that in reality we'll get two men sent off and Bayne will score a hat trick, but I'll worry about that at the time :party01:

Hell, I'm looking forward to next season and am feeling optimistic.

I know that in reality we'll get two men sent off and Bayne will score a hat trick, but I'll worry about that at the time :004:

aye, our keeper and our sub keeper :party01: