FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Moderating

Anyone else have their signature altered by the Gods of Mod?

Still waiting on mine to be changed :D

I deem mine very biased towards a scottish team :lol:

Guest birdog

I believe some have been asked to alter their sig, or change the size of them and one or two have been deemed inappropriate.

Did you have any in mind Mr Birdog?

I have no problems with any current signatures, mine was altered and no reason given. I beleive it was within the sizes specified but I had a little bit of text at the bottom. No worries though it must have caused offence to someone in Dingwall either that or someone with the power to change it is playing silly beggers.

Edited by birdog

Guest birdog

:party01::rotflmao::offtopic01::rotflmao::tongue04::rotflmao::rules03:

WARNING LOG

Added to warn level Because he asked for it.

:33:

LMAO that has to be the best yet. Scotty perhaps you might want to reconsider your views on my name for your hand picked team.

I have no problems with any current signatures, mine was altered and no reason given. I beleive it was within the sizes specified but I had a little bit of text at the bottom.

just for clarification: from the signatures portion of the forum rules.

6.1 - Signatures may contain up to three lines of text (of small or normal size) and/or up to three images totalling no more than 300 pixels width and 60 pixels height.

6.2 - The maximum number of text characters is 300.

6.3 - Signatures may contain up to 4 ?smilies? of normal size. Oversized ?smilies? are subject to the same rules as normal images.

6.4 - Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.

Your current signature is oversized as the image is 550 x 100. However we are not removing it as it is not obtrusive, and we tend to be flexible on signatures unless the overall size gets way too big because of large font sizes, large images, or animated images.

My own signature is slightly too large as is the signature of many users, but as I said we use discretion on this so that only obtrusive ones are affected. As I suggested to you earlier via PM, perhaps you can just add the text back (in normal size) and assuming it does not breach site rules then you should be fine.

Guest birdog

i think thats called humour Birdog ... something severely lacking in here more recently.

Hence my LMAO comment humour/banter is a two way thing. You are indeed correct it has been lacking in here but some posts which try to add a little humour to a serious subject eg muppets and hands (because I am sure that's all that was intended, a humourous metaphor) seem to get removed not long after posting.

Thanks for the explanation on the sig, my text would have taken it above the size of yours but I will say that the letter size was set at the smallest point and I found it extremely irritating that a member of your hand picked team is lacking in the courtesy to let me know the reason behind his decision.

posting.

Thanks for the explanation on the sig, my text would have taken it above the size of yours but I will say that the letter size was set at the smallest point and I found it extremely irritating that a member of your hand picked team is lacking in the courtesy to let me know the reason behind his decision.

I understand your frustration BD...

No names - no pack drill, but I am aware of one complete tube on that hand picked team, who clearly has major difficulty trying to assemble a coherent sentence, and who wouldn't recognise courtesy if it jumped up and kicked him in the bollox!

Guest birdog

I understand your frustration BD...

No names - no pack drill, but I am aware of one complete tube on that hand picked team, who clearly has major difficulty trying to assemble a coherent sentence, and who wouldn't recognise courtesy if it jumped up and kicked him in the bollox!

I think we may be talking about someone different here because the person I am talking about comes across as highly intelligent and very capable of assembling sentences his only problem is that when he gets his teeth into something he is unable to let go and becomes blinkered in his attitude towards everything. I would agree though that, if we are discussing the same person, he loses all sense of courtesy when he goes into moderation mode.

Guest birdog

Well RiG, whilst it may be in your moderators remit to read the thread is there any need to increase tensions by making such an unhelpful post?

Well RiG, whilst it may be in your moderators remit to read the thread is there any need to increase tensions by making such an unhelpful post?

I don't see how it's increasing tension here. If you want an example of "increasing tension" and an "unhelpful post"the I suggest you need only to look at the last posts from yourself and Johnboy sniping (again) at Moderators who you have personal beefs with. What you two have posted is clearly designed to increase tension. Indeed you yourself have been continuously dropping into your posts about how you are getting PMs from posters after something Caley D said the other day. It was so boring I forget what it was even about!

To be honest, I simply find it staggering that some people have nothing better to do than post this kind of stuff on here. It's a light hearted football forum yet some seem to take it far too seriously. In the close season boredom can set in and obviously we didn't endure the best to a season hence there is a lot of negativity on here (more so than usual most would say) but for Gods sake it's a football forum - not some kind of place to have verbal spats with pretty much anyone going.

At the end of the day I would simply say if you have a problem with one of the moderators discuss it with them over email or PMs. Don't drag the rest of the forum into it with your snide comments and pathetic arguments with whoever you might be having a tiff with this week. It is immeasurably mind numbing.

Guest birdog

What you two have posted is clearly designed to increase tension. Indeed you yourself have been continuously dropping into your posts about how you are getting PMs from posters after something Caley D said the other day. It was so boring I forget what it was even about!

You will probably find that you read that in Pms which were meant to be private between myself and Scotty, if he chose to share then I have no problem but I do not believe that information was put into the public domain, I may be wrong of course.

As this thread is a simple question we will allow it so long as responses are kept equally simple.

Any abuse of site Moderators or specific discussion of why someone may or may not be on reduced privileges will result in the thread being closed immediately.

I am aware of one complete tube on that hand picked team, who clearly has major difficulty trying to assemble a coherent sentence, and who wouldn't recognise courtesy if it jumped up and kicked him in the bollox!

Bingo, we have a winner ... step forward Johnboy, thread closer extraordinaire.