FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Moderating

Just a note to say that we do not normally permit threads discussing site moderation as each case is unique and we treat these things in the same manner as we treat discussion on peoples personal lives.

As this thread is a simple question we will allow it so long as responses are kept equally simple.

Any abuse of site Moderators or specific discussion of why someone may or may not be on reduced privileges will result in the thread being closed immediately.

Lets cut straight to the point, IHE wants to be a moderaters :lol:

Anyway... If you do get banned from a specific file, NON-ICT for example, is there a time limit to that or is it more of a bann for life?

If you do get banned from a specific file, NON-ICT for example, is there a time limit to that or is it more of a bann for life?

We dont usually ban people from whole forums (eg. NON-ICT). We will however ban people from individual threads if we feel they are disrupting them or using them to abuse other posters or club officials. these bans exist for as long as the topic does although we can reverse them if we decide it is warranted.

Is anyone else in moderation or BANNED from posting on specific threads ?

Yes, I am....

Unfortunately I am not at liberty to discuss my own case as a legal action is currently pending....

If the action succeeds it could very well be curtains for CTO.

Yes, I am....

Unfortunately I am not at liberty to discuss my own case as a legal action is currently pending....

Surely until said legal action takes place then you shouldn't really be posting on here at all as it might compromise the case?

Guest birdog

Not fair!!!!!

As one of the known agitator on these forums I'd like to know why I have been passed over on the moderation....

Everyone tells me to drink in moderation and I have not found this drinking den yet but IHE always gets to go there.

We dont usually ban people from whole forums (eg. NON-ICT). We will however ban people from individual threads if we feel they are disrupting them or using them to abuse other posters or club officials. these bans exist for as long as the topic does although we can reverse them if we decide it is warranted.

Keep pushing the boat out and you will be removed from all forums.

It's that old chestnut "communication" again. :lol:

Who mods the mods? :lol:

Keep pushing the boat out and you will be removed from all forums.

It's that old chestnut "communication" again. :whip01:

Who mods the mods? :lol:

Two completely different things. Scotty says we don't usually ban people from whole forums (eg. NON-ICT), although we do often ban posters from individual threads. TM4TJ says thay you can be removed from all forums which would be a complete ban of the site.

Different statements entirely.

I can assure you that communication between Admin/Moderators is actually very good and most decisions are made in consultation with other Mods

LG. Are you a politician?

If you don't usually ban people from whole forums, would it not follow that you don't usually ban people from all forums?

And since when has pushing the boat out been against T&C's of the site?

Ha ha - maybe I was a politician in a previous life or something. Just pointing out that both statements made perfect sense. We don't usually ban people from all forums as that would be a total site ban and that is a very last resort and very rare, but it can and has been done. Either on a temporary or permanent basis.

There have been a number of posts hidden, moved or deleted in recent weeks as they have crossed the line in many different ways.

Yes, I am....

Surely until said legal action takes place then you shouldn't really be posting on here at all as it might compromise the case?

Can't answer this Rig....

It might compromise my case.

For further information please contact my legal team in Aberdeen - Sue, Grabbitt and Runne.

Ask for Kingsmills...

Guest birdog

There is certainly a feeling of discontent rumbling in the forums at the moment. I have been reading a few threads and emotions are rising, no doubt about that. Last time things got to this stage it was when rumours of Craig Brewster's cameo appearance in the News of the World wer going around. I think this time I'll sit back and watch the fireworks from a distance, you get a better view that way I believe.

5th stand, unless you know the full story and saw what was posted and previous history between said poster, then best to remain silent.

I used the word all forums in the grander scale as in a site ban.

We as a moderation team discuss all reported posts and try to act on them with consistency and fairness to all concerned. One mod then has the thankless task of dishing out the dirt.

thanks.

Guest birdog

There are comparisons which could be drawn between the attitude of the club and that of those running this forum. People shout at the club that it's not being run properly and the defensive mechanisms come into force, the mud slinging begins and eventually shoes are removed. The question should be do we need to remove shoes so that posts and threads on here, which would normally be tolerated, be allowed to run until the point where they do cross the line of rules of the forum? Or do we just make things easy for the moderators and stifle all talk which may be in the slightest bit contentious?

d_3096.jpg

There are comparisons which could be drawn between the attitude of the club and that of those running this forum. People shout at the club that it's not being run properly and the defensive mechanisms come into force, the mud slinging begins and eventually shoes are removed. The question should be do we need to remove shoes so that posts and threads on here, which would normally be tolerated, be allowed to run until the point where they do cross the line of rules of the forum? Or do we just make things easy for the moderators and stifle all talk which may be in the slightest bit contentious?

d_3096.jpg

Quotations :

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

Another English politician with no shortage of names - William Pitt, the Elder, The Earl of Chatham and British Prime Minister from 1766 to 1778, is sometimes wrongly attributed as the source. He did say something similar, in a speech to the UK House of Lords in 1770:

"Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it"

Since this topic is about moderations...

I would like to thank the mod that took off my warning level.

:bowdown: <if there was a bowdown emotian, it would be there

:unsure:

I believe some have been asked to alter their sig, or change the size of them and one or two have been deemed inappropriate.

Did you have any in mind Mr Birdog?