FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Radio Coverage - MFR

Scotty

I have received a message about MFR's football coverage that we have been asked to publicise ..... as it may benefit our site users, we are happy to do so .....

MFR are moving their sports show to 1107 am to allow maximum coverage across our transmission area and will focusing heavily on Caley Thistle, Ross County, Elgin City and the Highland League as ever, with preview, half time, full time and live updates.

We covered every game home and away last season and will continue to do this next season, even down to the likes of Ayr and Dumfries and hopefully get in a post-match interview with Big Terry

Show starts next Saturday.

Not sure if this is going to be available online, but I have asked for clarification. At the very least it is good news for those in the MFR broadcast area who will have an alternative to Radio Scotland where our coverage may be minimal to say the least !

According to MFR - "Our Moray Firth Radio am feed is available online and can accessed by anyone in the UK" so we will add this to the matchday thread links.

It is not clear whether this will work outside the UK and I have no way to check at the moment but there will be an easy way to find out on matchdays !!! Our VPN subscribers should also not have a problem.

Guest Mahonio

Will we be able to get up in Thurso area because when matches start at 3pm on Saturday's Caithness FM is on until 4pm so if it isn't i am still going to miss 1st half goal alerts and like Saturday will be so anxcious to know the score that i will check Teletext?

Any help appreciated thanks :P :023: B) B) B) B)

Will we be able to get up in Thurso area because when matches start at 3pm on Saturday's Caithness FM is on until 4pm so if it isn't i am still going to miss 1st half goal alerts and like Saturday will be so anxcious to know the score that i will check Teletext?

Any help appreciated thanks :P :023: B) B) B) B)

Doubt that Caithness FM will interfere with MFR on AM as noted in the post. If not, or if you are out of the transmission area there is also the online option .....

Guest Mahonio

Thanks Scotty but one problem, i will be working during 1st half so that rules out the online option but i will give the 1107 AM a go and see if it works if i even have AM on my radio at work (hopefully it does or else i won't be able to get 1st half updates :) :lol::lol::lol: ).

Thanks Scotty but one problem, i will be working during 1st half so that rules out the online option but i will give the 1107 AM a go and see if it works if i even have AM on my radio at work (hopefully it does or else i won't be able to get 1st half updates :) :lol::lol::lol: ).

I got my grubby mitts on a new iPhone 3gs and have the wunder radio app. It picks up both the am and fm mfr stations (search moray firth radio for the am and MFR for the fm output). Both are working fine here in the Netherlands and I'm hoping I will get a decent 3g reception at the stadium to listen to the output at the games. Pity they're not doing coverage of the games - even an open all mics. Any ideas if they're planning this? What would be even better would be if ICT did a free wifi network for fans at the ground. I had a search with my itouch last season but all were locked. Grrr

Edited by Top Six Next Year

I'll stick with open all mics they always say the scores from the other divisions and some times they have someone at a 1st division game

Being that JR lives in the sneck and is at heart (No Pun) a caley fan he should just come and sit with us and the sheep skin jacket, In lossie on FM MFR somtimes it picks up Sheep Rustler radio (keith community radio) its pants!!

Scotty, i need your help.

I checked my Radio this evening and i don't have the AM Frequency :lol: :( :( :( .

Bearing in mind i won't be able to have computer on at work i am stumped unless you or somebody would kindly update me on goals texting me on 07********* :) :) :) :)

Id guess its going to be cheaper buying a wee AM Radio than it would be to change your number because you posted it on an on line forum.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AM-FM-Pocket-Radio...6302&sr=8-5 try this

Guest Mahonio

Id guess its going to be cheaper buying a wee AM Radio than it would be to change your number because you posted it on an on line forum.....

:025: :ohmy: Why would i need to change my number just because i posted it on a online Forum? I don't understand this, is it because people will phone me a lot or what?

Well just took your advice about not posting my number on forum because i just deleted the post that it was on anyway.

Edited by Mahonio

I dont recommend posting personal details like email / phone numbers in a public forum .... spammers or scammers enjoy finding either or both !!!

We will have our Twitter service for the coming season.

We will post links for Radio Scotland / MFR coverage (neither of which are live commentary AFAIK)

We will explore the idea of online broadcasting as and when things develop on that front

but one thing we cant do, and I definitaly aint doing it from Canada is sending out text messages. I believe the club did have a 3rd party SMS service last season ? not sure if they still provide that but if they dont, sure someone else does.

I dont recommend posting personal details like email / phone numbers in a public forum .... spammers or scammers enjoy finding either or both !!!

We will have our Twitter service for the coming season.

We will post links for Radio Scotland / MFR coverage (neither of which are live commentary AFAIK)

We will explore the idea of online broadcasting as and when things develop on that front

but one thing we cant do, and I definitaly aint doing it from Canada is sending out text messages. I believe the club did have a 3rd party SMS service last season ? not sure if they still provide that but if they dont, sure someone else does.

scotty, any idea if the club has a wifi network fans could use during a

match? Would be a lot quicker to upload scores, pics realtime as opposed to 3g

scotty, any idea if the club has a wifi network fans could use during a match? Would be a lot quicker to upload scores, pics realtime as opposed to 3g

Based on what folks were saying about Twitter during games so far, it appears they do not have one or have one that is locked down.

I'll stick with open all mics they always say the scores from the other divisions and some times they have someone at a 1st division game

Yes, you will certainly get constant score updates from across the land on Open All Mics and, if Caley Thistle are doing well, I would expect that their games would be quite frequently covered on Open All Mics as well. In addition, albeit infrequently and at odd times such as when there is no SPL or during midweek, there is also the chance of the odd BBC full match commentary on a First Divsion game.

The BBC's problem is that it is a national broadcaster and as such has 42 teams to cover, ie 21 matches, and cannot therefore do them all. Typically on a Saturday, 7-9 games will be covered.

The normal procedure on Open All Mics has been to cover all SPL games and maybe around 3 from the SFL - usually Division 1 unless there's something critical lower down. Selection of games from the SFL has tended to depend on where the higher placed of the two teams is in the First Division, so the better Caley Thistle do, the more frequently their games will be covered.

SO DON'T WRITE OFF OPEN ALL MICS - not only will you get very regular updates on ICT if it is a featured game, you will also at the same time get a complete overview of Scottish football on what is an uninterrupted and wall to wall national football service.

Open All Mics is available in Scotland on 103.5-105 FM and worldwide on the internet.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

not writing it off Charles, just keeping our options open. we will do our best with the twitter thing and feature both RS and MFR links on our normal matchday thread ... would be helpful to know in advance if we will be one of the featured games though :dunno:

not writing it off Charles, just keeping our options open. we will do our best with the twitter thing and feature both RS and MFR links on our normal matchday thread ... would be helpful to know in advance if we will be one of the featured games though :dunno:

No, no... I'm not saying you are by any means. The turn of phrase was merely a general platitude to remind forum users in general that the BBC still has a lot to offer the Caley Thistle fan.

On that subject I would also take the opportunity to remind people that our local news bulletins on 92-95FM in the Highlands and Islands and worldwide on the net also offer Caley Thistle coverage on Mondays and Fridays at 0750 and at other times during the week on an "as and when" basis.

I usually know by Thursday or Friday what the featured games will be. IF I CAN REMEMBER I will try to post these.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

I'd just like to say that Moray Firth Radio will have a live reporter at every Inverness Caley Thistle league match - home and away - all season, providing pre-match build-up, half-time and full-time reports, post match analysis and where possible interviews as well as updates. The same is true for Ross County too. Elgin will also be heavily featured as will the Highland League with multiple games covered each week.

Scores from all games (SPL, 1st, 2nd and 3rd Divisions, Highland League and English Premier League) will be given as they happen...

As for sports coverage MFR have a dedicated local sport bulletin at 7:30am, 8:30am, 1pm and 5pm Monday to Friday as well as the Friday Sports Show on Moray Firth Radio at 7pm featuring all the local teams every week.

Edited by Stepho

I'd just like to say that Moray Firth Radio will have a live reporter at every Inverness Caley Thistle league match - home and away - all season, providing pre-match build-up, half-time and full-time reports, post match analysis and where possible interviews as well as updates. The same is true for Ross County too. Elgin will also be heavily featured as will the Highland League with multiple games covered each week.

I know who I'll be listening to on Saturdays then!