FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Comediens You Don't Find Funny

Renegade

Not a big fan of Little Britain at all.

Russell Brand is just not funny, simple as that.

Jimmy Carr dosen't appeal to me either.

I do enjoy Frankie Boyle, Rhod Gilbert and Dara O'Briain.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Billy Connelly is loosing it, the richer and more detatched from his roots he becomes, the originality and humour is disappearing.

This is very true. I also think it affects most comedians who become successful.

To me, the best comedy is the anecdotal, "you couldnt make it up" type of stories/jokes that has its roots in stuff that happens when you are with your mates, your colleagues or in some gathering with "normal people". It is far easier for us to relate to funny stories from those scenarios than it is to have some story 'translated' into the real world from a formerly funny and talented comedian's now pampered and out of touch life.

Billy connolly is a good example, Chris Rock, Robin Williams, and Jim Carrey would be others .... I am sure the list is endless !

Omid Djalili built a career on a couple of very funny jokes that play on the Iran/terrorism connection, but has proved to have nothing further to add.

Billy Connolly has not been remotely funny in the last 20 years but was great before then.

I find Jimmy Carr to be one of the funniest around today. And Jerry Sadowitz is a sick comedy legend.

Ricky Gervais!!!!!!!!!!!! :splat03:

I Can't satand him!

who Finds him funny?

I havent much seen him in his stand up routine....but as a writer, i think his stuff is excellent, every bit as good as the "classics" such as Fawlty Towers, Blackadder etc etc

Also...i am with Scotty about the anecdotal material. Lots of us can relate to it.

Gina Asherah

Lee Evans

Catherine Tate

MIhael McIntyre

Sean Locke

Jimmy Carr

Favorite One's

Andy Parsons

Alan Davies

Hugh something (on mock o the week)

Frankie Boyle

Can't stand Jimmy Carr or Jo Brand.

Dara O'Briain is a genius at stand up also like:

Lee Mack

Sean Lock

Lee Evans

Frankie Boyle

Michael MacIntyre

Patrick Kielty

Went with a large group of friends to see French and Saunders here in Auckland on Friday Night. None of us were really fans of them but they were on and it was something to do.

Over the two hours of the show I reckon we must have laughed once. By two thirds the way through I was genuinely falling asleep. Totally unfunny. Concerning thing was - about a third of the people in the audience were rolling in the aisles throughout most of the show!!??!!

The main comedian that I find very unfunny and fail to see the point of is Gordon Brown.

Sad to see a comic hero of yesteryear come across as a total P*i*k, Ronnie Corbett playing golf with Colin Montgomerie on "Made in Scotland" was as cringeworthy as anything i've seen in a long time, if this pair were meant to be promoting Scotland, i fear for the country :)

Jimmy Carr is just boring IMO saw him on TV the other night and he was nothing special at all. Alan Davies is quite good on QI but he's another one who's stand-up stuff is nothing special, same goes for Bill Bailey who just isn't funny. And lastly, even though it's at TV programme I'm going to have to nominate Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps. It has to be one of the worst TV programmes I've ever seen. Not remotely funny at all.

Jimmy Carr is just boring IMO saw him on TV the other night and he was nothing special at all. Alan Davies is quite good on QI but he's another one who's stand-up stuff is nothing special, same goes for Bill Bailey who just isn't funny. And lastly, even though it's at TV programme I'm going to have to nominate Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps. It has to be one of the worst TV programmes I've ever seen. Not remotely funny at all.

I watched QI on either Thursday or Friday night and I have never laughted so much at any programme!

I was not full of the 'spirit' so it was the content of the show that hit the spot.

Mr Fry definately played second fiddle to his guests.

Wonderful.

I watched QI on either Thursday or Friday night and I have never laughted so much at any programme!

I was not full of the 'spirit' so it was the content of the show that hit the spot.

Mr Fry definately played second fiddle to his guests.

Wonderful.

I don't usually like those sorts of programmes but i do think QI is hilarious... (:

I'm no into Rhona Cameron , Victoria wood or French & Saunders

but i like Joan Rivers & Jo Brand

Joan rivers No!! but JO Brand is funny

Russel Brand and Harry Hill leave me stone cold and Jonathan ROss vastly over-rated waste of space all three