FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

We've now played all nine teams

Alex MacLeod

Having now played all nine teams in the league we sit sixth having won 3 drawn 3 and lost 3. With 12 points we are 5 of the top.

Butcher and Malpas have now seen what all the other teams are about. We know what needs to be done to challenge at the top and we have Imrie and Odhiambo back to fitness. We need to start winning at home and hopefully that will happen come saturday but we also need to turn draws to wins.

Having a feel for what the other teams have / are doing I dont think its out of our grasp to be challenging for this league. Dundee were the odds on favourites and look at them. Turned a two goal lead into a 2-2 draw. They've won all there home games but aren't performing the same on the road. Ross County and Queen of the South have both gotten of to a good start but I dont think they can sustain it. Queens have a very small squad and when winter injuries / illness sets in I think they'll fade. Ross County will have similar problems. Partick are the ones who could come out the stronger having a big squad. I dont see any of the others being contenders so all in all I think the remainder of the season has a lot of positives for us.

Our squad is by no means big either. Our attack is probably the position we can afford an injury or two, but it's not as if we've got any of them scoring on a regular basis. Our defence is very weak.

What makes you think we will pick up from here? Given we haven't won a home game so far this season?

Our squad is by no means big either. Our attack is probably the position we can afford an injury or two, but it's not as if we've got any of them scoring on a regular basis. Our defence is very weak.

What makes you think we will pick up from here? Given we haven't won a home game so far this season?

We've 26 of a squad some of who can play in different positions. We also have 7 or 8 U-19's on the book that could be called upon and the home record will change come saturday. Believe!!

I wonder if the other clubs in the league had the same wholesale change of playing staff that we had on our first day, to face the new season?

The new players required a fit Imrie, a non suspended Rossco and a fit Odhiambo(?) to be playing to have offered a wee bit of stability in the past 9 games. I also think that Duff is big miss as he is a very good player and look forward to his return to assist at the back.

The next 9 games with the new players now at least accepting that they play for the same team and the aforementioned guys back - we will be on a roll.

Our current 12 plus 3 lots of 20+ will give us circa 75 points and any team that beats that, in this league, deserves to be promoted.

The likes of Imrie and Tokely bring something other than ability to the team....they bring a bit of passion and fight, and I certainly think that those playing in front of Tokely are more confident with him behind them....even if he isn't having the best of games.

These players, who can instill a sense of belief in the rest of the squad, will be instrumental in improving our fortunes.

Dundee were the odds on favourites and look at them. Turned a two goal lead into a 2-2 draw. They've won all there home games but aren't performing the same on the road.

They couldn't beat us at Dens though. I thought they were lucky to get the point.

That day, i thought we might challenge for the league. We had played two very difficult away games and come away with four points. Events since then leave me feeling that my optimism was naive. We have too many new, inexperienced players and the experienced ones are on a downer having spent five seasons in the SPL. A title challenge is too much to ask and all i expect to see this season are positive signs for the future. Unfortunately, i see the opposite - short-term thinking and unrealistic ambition.

That's the big problem. For a team of it's size ICT's team has a heck of a lot of attackers and far too few defenders. Munro and Duff are the only natural centre backs in the ICT squad, and one of them is out for the season. Poor management really.

The likes of Imrie and Tokely bring something other than ability to the team....they bring a bit of passion and fight, and I certainly think that those playing in front of Tokely are more confident with him behind them....even if he isn't having the best of games.

These players, who can instill a sense of belief in the rest of the squad, will be instrumental in improving our fortunes.

Agreed I think the return of Imre is key, his along with Tokleys passion are crucial and can hopefully rub off on some of the new arrivals

I wonder if the other clubs in the league had the same wholesale change of playing staff that we had on our first day, to face the new season?

The new players required a fit Imrie, a non suspended Rossco and a fit Odhiambo(?) to be playing to have offered a wee bit of stability in the past 9 games. I also think that Duff is big miss as he is a very good player and look forward to his return to assist at the back.

The next 9 games with the new players now at least accepting that they play for the same team and the aforementioned guys back - we will be on a roll.

Our current 12 plus 3 lots of 20+ will give us circa 75 points and any team that beats that, in this league, deserves to be promoted.

Feck me - I agree. I thought that Butcher got the team amd the system rite at Raith - In our position we need to keep all our better players fit - and they are on the way back. We just have to get a couple of wins at home and the confidence may soar.

Butcher and Malpas have now seen what all the other teams are about.

...and they've all seen what we're about. Start briskly against them at home, score first, get on bus with points in the bag.

Easier said than done, i can't remember the last time we took the lead and won at home.

...and they've all seen what we're about. Start briskly against them at home, score first, get on bus with points in the bag.

Easier said than done, i can't remember the last time we took the lead and won at home.

Still think it will be a tight league as all the teams have showed they are capable of taking points off each other and no one team is standing out yet. Injuries (or more importantly the lack of) will be extremely important and the January transfer window could prove decisive for those clubs who have any money to spend and also those who find they may need to sell to cover mounting running costs (and/or court rulings B) ).

As things stand at present I think QoS and Dundee are the two favourites for the top spot - QoS for the way they are currently playing and Dundee because I can see them strengthening their squad further in January (and possibly at our expense)....

As for us I think we are just a little too lightweight at the moment but where there's hope.... :lol:

County - Challence cup

In league games it was 4th April against St Mirren when we all had hope in our hearts and TB was the messiah.